USC and UCLA to Big Ten

leaningright

conservative democrat
Staff member
Would have thought I’d be seeing some commentary on that. Maybe I’m the only sports fan left in America. :dunno: ;)

Would have thought I’d be seeing some commentary on that. Maybe I’m the only sports fan left in America. :dunno: ;)

I dont follow sports at all anymore, and I was never a big fan of college football, but I was reading that this is all about the money. It reminds me of pro sports which are also all about the money, to the extent that the stewards of the games dont seem to give a fuck about the games, or the fans....which has everything to do with why I have completely abandoned sports and hope for bankruptcies all around.

I was waiting for cawacko to comment....USC/OSU fan, I believe...;) I want the BiG 10 back....I don't like it....

Universities have become forces for EVIL....I want them strangled until they agree to get back to their mission..... All of the sports can go as far as I am concerned.

We Should Immediately End Nationalized Funding of Student Tuition
In medical triage, the first principle is to stop the bleeding. So, too, ending the government-funding of student tuition loans will begin the process of killing off the student loan program. Without this funding, higher education institutions will not as quickly indoctrinate future generations of American youth into critical theory neo-Marxist ideology. If we do not cut off the budget now, American exceptionalism will undoubtedly fade among future generations, perhaps beyond recovery.
https://www.americanthinker.com/art..._nationalized_funding_of_student_tuition.html

HIP HIP

Im a big 10 guy. Badger fan. I miss the old days when there were actually 10 teams in the BIG 10! :laugh: Bringing in USC and USLA just seems so weird. Nothing in common with them. I guess the good thing is every time WI has played those teams in recent memory we ended up mauling them so theres that I guess. :cool:

Next up? ND....

Thats the Rumor. Hell, if this keeps going there are only going to be a couple conferences worth Watching. Us and the SEC. Oklahoma is one of the only biggies left not in the Big 10 or Sec. Been a fan of theirs since back in the Switzer days.

Not happening, might enter an agreement to play each other regularly, but neither need each other

Everyone is concerned with the SEC cornering the big name schools, eventually they’ll reach the point of diminishing returns, if one wants to watch pro football will wait till Sunday

My guess: It is gonna happen. The Big Ten decided to get the East Coast involved...with Rutgers and Maryland. Now they are going for the West Coast with USC and UCLA. Big money involved on the coasts...and it costs the Big 10 nothing for 10 years. Then the sharing in revenues kicks in.

My guess: It is gonna happen. The Big Ten decided to get the East Coast involved...with Rutgers and Maryland. Now they are going for the West Coast with USC and UCLA. Big money involved on the coasts...and it costs the Big 10 nothing for 10 years. Then the sharing in revenues kicks in.

Does anyone care about the fans or traditions?

"Money Money Money, all we care about is the money"?

Does anyone care about the fans or traditions?

"Money Money Money, all we care about is the money"?

Not sure about the "we" in that question, but if the "we" includes the Big Ten Conference...it is about the only thing.

The move by the Big Ten to include teams from the East and West coast...is ONLY about money. Specifically, making MORE OF IT.

Back