Vacation ending ...

leaningright

Moderate Republican
Staff member
I’m sure looking forward to retirement, or at least partial retirement. As my vacation winds down, I am planning to squirrel hunt tomorrow. I got a new dog two days ago but it has been raining ever since then. So I now just have tomorrow and Saturday to hunt her.

I got her because I lost two of my 4 beagles to hogs last week. Sad day for leaningright’s household but when you hunt with dogs it’s not a matter of if something like this could happen, it’s a matter of when it will happen.

Anyway, I got this squirrel dog and she needs time in the woods but I’ll be working steadily until squirrel season is over with few days to take her. Yep, I’m looking forward to retirement.

Unless I hit the lottery I'm about 8 years...minimum...from retiring. To be honest if the stress element in my job is kept at a reasonable level I wouldn't mind working till full SS age or even mandatory collection age.

Though if I do retire early I think I would use my life science background, study botany and plant hybridization, and cross breed Republicans. ;)

Unless I hit the lottery I'm about 8 years...minimum...from retiring. To be honest if the stress element in my job is kept at a reasonable level I wouldn't mind working till full SS age or even mandatory collection age.

Though if I do retire early I think I would use my life science background, study botany and plant hybridization, and cross breed Republicans. ;)

Create a willow tree that has either bright blue foliage or dark red foliage that is zone 7B happy and you can retire today.

Create a willow tree that has either bright blue foliage or dark red foliage that is zone 7B happy and you can retire today.

Unfortunately I have no idea what you're talking about. With the exception of one botany class my Freshman year the vast majority of my undergrad and grad studies in biology were in human biology.

I'm ambivalent about retirement........didn't work much the last two weeks......enjoyed it........didn't really want to come back........but deposited around $9k last week.........hate to give that up as well.......

Unfortunately I have no idea what you're talking about. With the exception of one botany class my Freshman year the vast majority of my undergrad and grad studies in biology were in human biology.

create a machine that can mix agar as well as you do and you can work yourself out of a job.......

I’m sure looking forward to retirement, or at least partial retirement. As my vacation winds down, I am planning to squirrel hunt tomorrow. I got a new dog two days ago but it has been raining ever since then. So I now just have tomorrow and Saturday to hunt her.

I got her because I lost two of my 4 beagles to hogs last week. Sad day for leaningright’s household but when you hunt with dogs it’s not a matter of if something like this could happen, it’s a matter of when it will happen.

Anyway, I got this squirrel dog and she needs time in the woods but I’ll be working steadily until squirrel season is over with few days to take her. Yep, I’m looking forward to retirement.
Dear gracious, Old Yeller flashbacks. That’s a darn shame. I’d give up hog meat. I like my animals too much.

Dear gracious, Old Yeller flashbacks. That’s a darn shame. I’d give up hog meat. I like my animals too much.

Thanks, Rana. They weren’t supposed to be running hogs. They were just rabbit dogs and we were rabbit hunting, but beagles are stubborn and will chase anything that runs until they learn better. Unfortunately these didn’t get the opportunity to learn better.

Thanks, Rana. They weren’t supposed to be running hogs. They were just rabbit dogs and we were rabbit hunting, but beagles are stubborn and will chase anything that runs until they learn better. Unfortunately these didn’t get the opportunity to learn better.
Truly tragic, I’m sorry.

Did you get the hog?

I wondered how I would adjust to retirement.

It took like about six minutes.

Have never looked back.
I'm looking to retire/partially retire sometime this yr., at least sell the bidness. I have the same apprehension. Hope it works for me as it did you.

Curious...how do hogs kill dogs? I know the wild boar have large tusks, but I'd think two dogs would keep a hog busy. Or was it a few hogs?

Curious...how do hogs kill dogs? I know the wild boar have large tusks, but I'd think two dogs would keep a hog busy. Or was it a few hogs?

It’s not a pretty sight. Two beagles aren’t going to stand a chance against even a medium size hog. Most guys that hunt them use pit bulls as catch dogs. A hog stabs and will eviscerate a dog...even big dogs like pits. Beagles have no chance at all. That’s why I ran my butt off trying to head my dogs off. Couldn’t do it and they were cut to doll rags when I found them.

It’s not a pretty sight. Two beagles aren’t going to stand a chance against even a medium size hog. Most guys that hunt them use pit bulls as catch dogs. A hog stabs and will eviscerate a dog...even big dogs like pits. Beagles have no chance at all. That’s why I ran my butt off trying to head my dogs off. Couldn’t do it and they were cut to doll rags when I found them.
That must have been terrible.
Sounds like this is a case of the dogs not knowing enough to stay away from the head? I guess it's similar to training them to never follow a raccoon into the water?

OMG, LR. I am so sorry about your dogs. What a horrible thing.

Is that how we ended up with the semi-sentient pumpkin in the WH?

Back