Vermont going single-payer

So much for trying to get an intelligent conversation with you two trolls. I pretty much figured that if I articulated an intelligent response you'd just do what you normally do. Throw grenades and not say anything relevant or intelligent.

It's like talking to a dog, you say good boy he says arf, you say bad dog he says arf, you say fetch he says arf.

I believe many issues are too complicated for either of them to understand and most of the time, like in this thread, something factual is met with a loud 'arf'. It's not that they are willfully ignorant, they are really that ignorant or so conditioned that their brains won't let them understand the facts and give a meaningful response.

Yeah, we already know the entire federal government/private insurance corporations racket is based #ONE on the fucking lie “If you like your doctor and your policy now, you can keep it, period!”(Barrack Obama, Communist Liar & Chief)
Irrelevent. We will implement the three reforms I listed because they have proven to work in the rest of the world. Ya know, it's not like something new is being tried here. It's been done before in other wealthy capitalist nations and guess what? It works.

It's like talking to a dog, you say good boy he says arf, you say bad dog he says arf, you say fetch he says arf.

I believe many issues are too complicated for either of them to understand and most of the time, like in this thread, something factual is met with a loud 'arf'. It's not that they are willfully ignorant, they are really that ignorant or so conditioned that their brains won't let them understand the facts and give a meaningful response.
LOL You're spot on. It reminds me of an old Far Side Cartoon.

What Human Says to Dog. "Good boy Scotty, now go fetch the ball Scotty, you're such a good boy, he's my good boy Scotty, bring the ball to me Scotty.
What dog hears. "blah, blah, blah Scotty, blah, blah, blah Scotty, blah, blah, blah Scotty, blah, blah, blah, Scotty.

An article you wrote?

189654d1363885092-hva-lytter-du-til-i-dag-del-3-20120622052737-rofl.gif

Wow...what an articulate and informed rebutal. You're quite impressive for a troll.

LOL You're spot on. It reminds me of an old Far Side Cartoon.
What Human Says to Dog. "Good boy Scotty, now go fetch the ball Scotty, you're such a good boy, he's my good boy Scotty, bring the ball to me Scotty. What dog hears. "blah, blah, blah Scotty, blah, blah, blah Scotty, blah, blah, blah Scotty, blah, blah, blah, Scotty.

Wow...what an articulate and informed rebuttal. You're quite impressive for an Ohioan, aren't you?

Where was this "article" you "wrote" published? Was it peer-reviewed?

I lived in a single payer country. Germany. They do healthcare which is on par with the US and at half the cost per capita.

US_spends_much_more_on_health_than_what_might_be_expected_1_blog_main_horizontal.jpg

Germany has a single-payer system, Counselor?
Technically, it is multipayer. But not like we have here.

Compulsory insurance applies to those below a set income level and is provided through private non-profit "sickness funds" at common rates for all members, and is paid for with joint employer-employee contributions. Provider compensation rates are negotiated in complex corporatist social bargaining among specified autonomously organized interest groups (e.g. physicians' associations) at the level of federal states (Länder). The sickness funds are mandated to provide a wide range of coverages and cannot refuse membership or otherwise discriminate on an actuarial basis. Small numbers of persons are covered by tax-funded government employee insurance or social welfare insurance. Persons with incomes above the prescribed compulsory insurance level may opt into the sickness fund system, which a majority do, or purchase private insurance. Private supplementary insurance to the sickness funds of various sorts is available.
The segment health economics of Germany was about US$368.78 billion (€287.3 billion) in 2010, equivalent to 11.6 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) this year and about US$4,505 (€3,510) per capita.[5] According to the World Health Organization, Germany's health care system was 77% government-funded and 23% privately funded as of 2004.[6] In 2004 Germany ranked thirtieth in the world in life expectancy (78 years for men). It had a very low infant mortality rate (4.7 per 1,000 live births), and it was tied for eighth place in the number of practicing physicians, at 3.3 per 1,000 persons. In 2001 total spending on health amounted to 10.8 percent of gross domestic product.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_in_Germany

Irrelevent. We will implement the three reforms I listed because they have proven to work in the rest of the world. Ya know, it's not like something new is being tried here. It's been done before in other wealthy capitalist nations and guess what? It works.

I'm amused regarding the "proven to work" claim. I guess if you like doctor shortages, long waiting times for basic care and monstrous taxes, yeah they work great!! Just hope and pray that you won't need a major procedure. You'll have to pay extra out of your pocket if you want the same level of care we take for granted in the US.

In Europe, ALL wage earners are taxed regardless of inclme. Gas is three to four times higher than the US. You pay $3.50 for each and every cup of coffee. BUT, you get to pretend that healthcare is cheaper and better. (that's why the workds wealthy come to the US for major operations).

Dunce.

Technically, it is multipayer. But not like we have here.

Compulsory insurance applies to those below a set income level and is provided through private non-profit "sickness funds" at common rates for all members, and is paid for with joint employer-employee contributions. Provider compensation rates are negotiated in complex corporatist social bargaining among specified autonomously organized interest groups (e.g. physicians' associations) at the level of federal states (Länder). The sickness funds are mandated to provide a wide range of coverages and cannot refuse membership or otherwise discriminate on an actuarial basis. Small numbers of persons are covered by tax-funded government employee insurance or social welfare insurance. Persons with incomes above the prescribed compulsory insurance level may opt into the sickness fund system, which a majority do, or purchase private insurance. Private supplementary insurance to the sickness funds of various sorts is available.
The segment health economics of Germany was about US$368.78 billion (€287.3 billion) in 2010, equivalent to 11.6 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) this year and about US$4,505 (€3,510) per capita.[5] According to the World Health Organization, Germany's health care system was 77% government-funded and 23% privately funded as of 2004.[6] In 2004 Germany ranked thirtieth in the world in life expectancy (78 years for men). It had a very low infant mortality rate (4.7 per 1,000 live births), and it was tied for eighth place in the number of practicing physicians, at 3.3 per 1,000 persons. In 2001 total spending on health amounted to 10.8 percent of gross domestic product.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_in_Germany

Germany is also a very homogenous society. The rich can opt out of the malaise of the National health system. I often wondered that if the system works so well, why do so many who can afford to opt for private coverage? Hint; they don't like to be placed on waiting lists or have their care rationed.

Back