Virgin Mary statue stirs up debate in secular Uruguay

Granule

Firebrand
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay (AP) -- The South American country of Uruguay has a long tradition of secularism, to the point that a popular president in the early 1900s insisted on writing the word "God" with a lowercase "g'' whenever he wrote about his policies in local newspapers.

So when the Catholic Church recently proposed erecting a statue of the Virgin Mary in a park next to a popular promenade, a debate erupted over whether religious symbols in public places violate the separation between church and state.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-04-09-11-44-09

But we all know that it's reallly about separation of state FROM church, if not state DESTROYING church. ;)

virgin-mary_2085222a.jpg

See, unlike other JPPers on this forum, I'm allowing ALL members to be heard on this thread, however degenerate they might be.

Good work, perverts! ;)

How does one keep an intact hymen during vaginal birth?
Mary could not be a virgin, twice.
Lol

Mad skills is how! Anyway, intact hymen is a bad measuring stick. Many modern American teens lose their hymens through rigorous physical activity (not sexual, I mean). Does that make them not virgins?

Mad skills is how! Anyway, intact hymen is a bad measuring stick. Many modern American teens lose their hymens through rigorous physical activity (not sexual, I mean). Does that make them not virgins?

Mary was a slut. A teenaged slut.

Face it.

Back