Viva la Mexico!

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Congrats to our Brothers south of the border for defeating defending champion Germany! Looks like Mexico will be defending North America’s honor. Congratulations Team Mexico! Well done!!!

Congrats to our Brothers south of the border for defeating defending champion Germany! Looks like Mexico will be defending North America’s honor. Congratulations Team Mexico! Well done!!!

We shouldn't be pulling for Mexico, according to some...

We shouldn't be pulling for Mexico, according to some...

I rarely listen to the bottom dwellers of our society on things like this. I'm very glad for our Mexican neighbors and they have one hell of a good team. Best chance ever for a North American victory in the WC.

Exciting news!

While conservatives seemingly prefer to lock Mexican children in cages (and am not hopeful they can feel any camaraderie for our southern neighbors), I have nonetheless been making the case that we all get behind Mexico, and treat them as America's team.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?97492-Mexcio-America-s-Team&p=2429623#post2429623

Exciting news!

While conservatives seemingly prefer to lock Mexican children in cages (and am not hopeful they can feel any camaraderie for our southern neighbors), I have nonetheless been making the case that we all get behind Mexico, and treat them as America's team.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?97492-Mexcio-America-s-Team&p=2429623#post2429623
Yup....that's how I feel. My favorite team in international play is the USA. My second favorite team is Mexico and my next favorite team is whoever is playing Germany. So not only was it nice to see Mexico win but to beat Germany...priceless.

Yup....that's how I feel. My favorite team in international play is the USA. My second favorite team is Mexico and my next favorite team is whoever is playing Germany. So not only was it nice to see Mexico win but to beat Germany...priceless.

100% concur.

I would even go so far as to say, I will always favor a team from the western hemisphere (aka, Argentina, Brazil), in the face of European football hegemony!!

I rarely listen to the bottom dwellers of our society on things like this. I'm very glad for our Mexican neighbors and they have one hell of a good team. Best chance ever for a North American victory in the WC.

The question is whether that was a case of Mexico being good or Germany being bad.

The question is whether that was a case of Mexico being good or Germany being bad.
Uh...well they're all good at this level but Germany's FIFA Ranking is #1 in the World so..yea...Mexico was that good. Mexico's current world ranking is #15.

Have you heard the latest controversy? Well I should say that Yahoo reporters are trying to make it an issue. They are horribly offended and want Mexico sanctioned serverly even to the extent of expelling the team from the tournament because Mexican Fans were chanting "Puto!" at the German Goalie during a penalty kick?

Now this is the sort of shit that makes even liberals hate liberals.

It should piss off the LGBT community too and not in the manner you may think I mean. The LGBT community has serious issues that need advocated and discussed and some snow flake reporter having a meltdown over something as absolutely trivial as chanting "Puto" at a goalie is just beyond silly and marginalizes other serious LGBT issues as this is not one of them.

Sweden is a third world nation of inbred defectives. That’s about the lamest way to lose a game in World Cup history which is saying a lot. Every oldest male child in Sweden should be executed and the rest castrated to protect the human genome and all Swedish females should be sold into slavery in Muslim countries where they should be trained as suicide bombers.

Sweden is a third world nation of inbred defectives. That’s about the lamest way to lose a game in World Cup history which is saying a lot. Every oldest male child in Sweden should be executed and the rest castrated to protect the human genome and all Swedish females should be sold into slavery in Muslim countries where they should be trained as suicide bombers.

My take was that Mexico put on a clinic of indifference, knowing that they had clinched a spot in the next bracket.

Back