Viva la Mexico!

2gJmxBc.jpg

how about their election victory?

You mean their newly-elected president who bent the knee to Trump already, racist liar?

The two men hail from different worlds: Trump was born into wealth and made a fortune in New York real estate and by marketing his name as a brand. Lopez Obrador grew up in a small town in southeastern Tabasco state, where he started in politics as a director in the country’s indigenous institute and lived in an impoverished Chontal Maya community for years.

Yet both are nationalistic populists – Trump on the political right and Lopez Obrador on the left – and that may help them create a personal bond, some analysts said.

Lopez Obrador tweeted Monday that he received a call from Trump and the two spoke for a half-hour. "I proposed that we explore an integral agreement of development projects, which generate jobs in Mexico, and with that reduce migration and improve security," he said. "There was respectful treatment, and our representatives will speak more."

Solving their differences will be a challenge, given how far apart they are on trade and immigration issues.

Lopez Obrador, 64, has moderated his tone since running .

“They will understand each other (but) disagree on everything,” said Federico Estevez, a political science professor at the Autonomous Technological Institute of Mexico. “It’s ‘Mexico first’ versus ‘America first,’ and the dice are loaded in favor of the North.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/07/02/mexico-new-president-andres-manuel-lopez-obrador/752420002/

Thread irony. But yes, they did beat MY team and they outplayed them as well. The ultimate humiliation for the former WORLD champions; getting beat by South Korea and being the ONLY team they beat.

The PAIN!

Then there's this:

Mexico’s president-elect offers to reduce US migration in exchange for aid

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/americas/article/2153494/mexicos-president-elect-offers-reduce-us-migration-exchange-aid

And this:

Mexico's 'AMLO' Offers to Reduce Migration in Call with Trump

https://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Mexicos-AMLO-Offers-to-Reduce-Migration-in-Call-with-Trump-20180702-0016.html

I am a little bummed about this, but Russia did extremely well considering they were widely considered to be the weakest team in the World Cup.

I'm impressed that Putin found a way to fast-track Russia to the quarter-finals by getting it into such an easy group stage. Hopefully, none of those Russian boys arrives home to find Novichok on his doorknob.

I'm impressed that Putin found a way to fast-track Russia to the quarter-finals by getting it into such an easy group stage. Hopefully, none of those Russian boys arrives home to find Novichok on his doorknob.

Yes, they lucked into an easy group, but they were not even expected to make it out of group stage, only lost to Croatia on PK in the quarter finals, and anytime the lowest ranked international team beats a powerhouse like Spain it is quite an accomplishment. Impressive showing, no matter how you slice it.

I think England might be the team to beat now, though Belgium has been impressive.

Yes, they lucked into an easy group, but they were not even expected to make it out of group stage, only lost to Croatia on PK in the quarter finals, and anytime the lowest ranked international team beats a powerhouse like Spain it is quite an accomplishment. Impressive showing, no matter how you slice it.

I think England might be the team to beat now, though Belgium has been impressive.

Well, Spain barely survived Morocco, so, it wasn't much of a powerhouse this year.

Back