Wake The Fuck UP!

Yes you can it is exactly why I live here, the shutters are what jumps out at ya, nice job

They're easy to do, and the board and batten look is all the rage here. A lot of contractors make them out of pressure treated 1x pine with an opaque stain, but I had some rough cut cedar 1x boards from another job.

Measure the window frame H x W (height x width). The shutter height is then H-1/2". The shutter width is W/2 - 1/2". Batten length is 1" shorter than the shutter width. Here's a typical plan:
shutters.jpg

Fasten the battens to the vertical boards from the back side with aluminum trim nails.

The shutters are fastened to the house by first fastening lengths of 1x4 pressure treated "nailers" to the brick at the top and bottom batten height. I used masonry nails and a Remington power fastener. These are 2" shorter than the shutter width so they're hidden. I then used stainless steel deck screws to fasten the shutters to the nailers.

The "hardware" is actually black polyethylene parts from here: http://www.diyshutters.com/plasticshutterhardware.htm

Ah, that's a good way to get out of it. :D

Unfortunately, yes. There are way too many people here as it is, legal and illegal.

Did you know for years we have been getting raw sewage dumped into the ocean from Mexico and our beaches have to be closed? Everything is not always as it appears.

Thanks, but you live in SoCal. Isn't that were people go on vacation?:)

Unfortunately, yes. There are way too many people here as it is, legal and illegal.

Did you know for years we have been getting raw sewage dumped into the ocean from Mexico and our beaches have to be closed? Everything is not always as it appears.
Tutu when I go on vacation I go to my vacation house. :)

You mean to tell me that all is not idyllic in la-la land? And the Mexicans are to blame? I thought it was the evil Americans that shat on the environment, not some poor Mexicans who are shat on by Americans.

you-must-not-speak-evil-of-he-whos-name-must-not-be-voiced
That's why I lock my bedroom door at night.

It has long been a theory of mine that certain felis catus are simply hanging around waiting for their owners to stroke out. Once they do they will eat said owners alive.

Okay, you can stop bragging now. I do too.:cool:

Of course it isn't the average Mexican's fault. The illegals I have known are decent people. It's the governments fault. However, we are feeling the effects of the Mexican Mafia here and it ain't pretty.

Tutu when I go on vacation I go to my vacation house. :)

You mean to tell me that all is not idyllic in la-la land? And the Mexicans are to blame? I thought it was the evil Americans that shat on the environment, not some poor Mexicans who are shat on by Americans.

That's why I lock my bedroom door at night.

It has long been a theory of mine that certain felis catus are simply hanging around waiting for their owners to stroke out. Once they do they will eat said owners alive.

The-one,-who's-name-must-not-be-mentioned,-says-all-will-be-forgiven,-if-you-will-just-look-into-his-eyes.

OH,-and-bring-some-tuna.

Tu Tu, your signature line says, "Interest on Treasury Debt Securities was $19.8 billion for month ended March 31, 2009. It was 6% of the total month's Federal Outlays."

OK, let's say a person makes $48,000/yr. ($4,000/mth) and owes $15,000 on credit cards @ 19%. They would pay $2850/yr or $237/mth in interest (roughly speaking).

Now, 6% of $4000/mth = $240

So, the interest the Federal Government is paying is equivalent to a person making $4000/mth and paying $240/mth in interest on a credit card or making $48,000yr and owing $15,000.

I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people in worse shape.

I agree. CC interest has been way out of line and we must put a stop to it. The ideal way would be for people to not use their credit cards and not spend their way into debt. The CC Companies are lending people money, so some interest has to be charged.

You must remember that the Treasury Debt Securities are the taxpayers debt for years to come and they will only increase dramatically with Obama in charge.

Tu Tu, your signature line says, "Interest on Treasury Debt Securities was $19.8 billion for month ended March 31, 2009. It was 6% of the total month's Federal Outlays."

OK, let's say a person makes $48,000/yr. ($4,000/mth) and owes $15,000 on credit cards @ 19%. They would pay $2850/yr or $237/mth in interest (roughly speaking).

Now, 6% of $4000/mth = $240

So, the interest the Federal Government is paying is equivalent to a person making $4000/mth and paying $240/mth in interest on a credit card or making $48,000yr and owing $15,000.

I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people in worse shape.

I agree. CC interest has been way out of line and we must put a stop to it. The ideal way would be for people to not use their credit cards and not spend their way into debt. The CC Companies are lending people money, so some interest has to be charged.

You must remember that the Treasury Debt Securities are the taxpayers debt for years to come and they will only increase dramatically with Obama in charge.

When I was a kid if you had chared someone 20% interest on a loan you would have gone to jail as a loan shark.

Ussuary laws need to be re-enacted to protect the American public from wealthy predatory lenders.

Lake Erie beaches have to be closed for the same reason, and it's not because the raw sewage came from Mexico.

You should change your S/N to "Miss Cleo" since you know so much about what the future will bring. :cof1:

Back