Wanna Be A Pundit?

Cancel7

Banned
Get a lobotomy.

"On the August 10 edition of ABC's This Week, ABC News political analyst Cokie Roberts criticized Sen. Barack Obama -- who was born in Hawaii -- for "going off this week to a vacation in Hawaii," which she said "does not make any sense whatsoever." Roberts stated: "I know his grandmother lives in Hawaii and I know Hawaii is a state, but it has the look of him going off to some sort of foreign, exotic place." Roberts continued: "He should be in Myrtle Beach, and, you know, if he's going to take a vacation at this time."

The Honolulu Star-Bulletin reported on August 9 that "[a]fter delivering a campaign speech, Sen. Barack Obama's first stop on his Hawaii vacation was a visit to his grandmother's Makiki apartment, where he also lived during his youth."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200808100001?f=h_clips

Get a lobotomy.

"On the August 10 edition of ABC's This Week, ABC News political analyst Cokie Roberts criticized Sen. Barack Obama -- who was born in Hawaii -- for "going off this week to a vacation in Hawaii," which she said "does not make any sense whatsoever." Roberts stated: "I know his grandmother lives in Hawaii and I know Hawaii is a state, but it has the look of him going off to some sort of foreign, exotic place." Roberts continued: "He should be in Myrtle Beach, and, you know, if he's going to take a vacation at this time."

The Honolulu Star-Bulletin reported on August 9 that "[a]fter delivering a campaign speech, Sen. Barack Obama's first stop on his Hawaii vacation was a visit to his grandmother's Makiki apartment, where he also lived during his youth."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200808100001?f=h_clips

Jeez, kinda stretching to find an issue here aren't they?

Hawaii is a "foreign, exotic" place? Myrtle beach?

Ok, a lobotomy might not be enough.

Wow; I like Cokie Roberts, too.

Maybe there is some sort of "stupidity virus" spreading inside the beltway? It's worth investigating...

Wow; I like Cokie Roberts, too.

Maybe there is some sort of "stupidity virus" spreading inside the beltway? It's worth investigating...
probably the chemotherapy she had.....to kill her breast cancer.....might have killed some braincells too?:eek:

This whole attitude is infiltrating America, and has practically taken over in certain segments of our population during the Bush years.

They were showing the "Die Hard" marathon on TV yesterday; if anyone has ever seen those movies, they feature Bruce Willis as the typical American, with some snooty foreign guy as the sinister bad guy (different snooty foreign guy in each film). They're a real microcosm of the American attitude of not trusting anything too smart or too "exotic/foreign."

We're really a Budweiser nation at heart, which would be okay, if Budweiser didn't suck....

That's retarded. If I had the money to visit Hawaii, I would. If I had family there, I wouldn't worry as much about the money because I would have shelter when I got there.

Actually, Cokie the brain, recommends "myrtle beach". The name alone has always kept me away.

Myrtle Beach isn't a bad place to spend time. But given the choice between Hawaii and Myrtle Beach, it starts to look pretty bad for Myrtle

Were the good Senator to vacation along the Grand Strand, he might actually put West Virginia into play. Half the state can be found there one week or another between Memorial and Labor Days.

Myrtle Beach isn't a bad place to spend time. But given the choice between Hawaii and Myrtle Beach, it starts to look pretty bad for Myrtle

LOL. Not only is Hawaii > Myrtle beach, his grandmother lives there. I mean, sometimes I get people and I just like to comment on their stupidity. I don't even get what's she's trying to say. He should alienate Hawaii because they aren't white bread enough as DH suggested?? WTF?

Maybe she's on crack.

I've only been to Hawaii once, but it's friggin' paradise. The E. Coast beaches are nice, but there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

Cokie is a total bonehead if she is persisting with this argument; I hope someone is calling her on it. All kinds of "regulur Americuns" honeymoon & vacation in Hawaii, because it's a friggin' paradise. The idea that it's some sort of "exotic" locale that might reinforce ethnocentric, incredibly moronic ideas that Obama is something less than American is beyond words; it's not even typical stupidity. It's elevated stupidity, completely devoid of reason.

I've only been to Hawaii once, but it's friggin' paradise. The E. Coast beaches are nice, but there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

Cokie is a total bonehead if she is persisting with this argument; I hope someone is calling her on it. All kinds of "regulur Americuns" honeymoon & vacation in Hawaii, because it's a friggin' paradise. The idea that it's some sort of "exotic" locale that might reinforce ethnocentric, incredibly moronic ideas that Obama is something less than American is beyond words; it's not even typical stupidity. It's elevated stupidity, completely devoid of reason.

Its the one state that I haven't been to. One of these days I will get around to it.

as for Cokie... agreed, even if he didn't have his grandmother living there her take on his vactioning in Hawaii would be idiotic. The fact that he has family there just emphasizes her stupidity.

Hmmmm, this reminds me, I going to Maryland in a few weeks. Should I exchange my money now or take a chance and wait until then?

Back