Cancel7

Banned
r-GEORGIA-CASUALTIES-large.jpg

Nice, huh?

Well, there's probably a good reason.

r-GEORGIA-CASUALTIES-large.jpg

Nice, huh?

Well, there's probably a good reason.

Why is it that hearing of thousands dying is just information. But seeing one body is a tragedy?

Is this a statement about war or about the brutality of man?

You could find pictures of greater atrocities committed in virtually every city in the world.

It has to do with a human's ability to empathize. You can empathize with one person more than a group. You, not being human, have no capacity to understand this psychological phenomenon and should stay out of such discussions until your programmers figure out a way to make you feel emotion.

It has to do with a human's ability to empathize. You can empathize with one person more than a group. You, not being human, have no capacity to understand this psychological phenomenon and should stay out of such discussions until your programmers figure out a way to make you feel emotion.

So I am not human? Interesting concept.

So because someone does not sympathize with the same ideology you do, they are not human?

Then I would submit that your own idea gives weight to my arguments in the threads about capital punishment and the bombings of Hiroshima & Nagasaki.

For surely those who torture and murder are less human that I am, as are those who started the war in the pacific theater in 1941.

Why is it that hearing of thousands dying is just information. But seeing one body is a tragedy?

Is this a statement about war or about the brutality of man?

You could find pictures of greater atrocities committed in virtually every city in the world.

I'm sorry I don't know what this means.

Ooooh, war, huh
Good God y'all

I don't know if you are being funny, but when I saw this picture, first it made me cry, and then that song came into my head. What is it good for, absolutely nothing. I thought, well, what more ever needed to be said about war?

I don't know if you are being funny, but when I saw this picture, first it made me cry, and then that song came into my head. What is it good for, absolutely nothing. I thought, well, what more ever needed to be said about war?

It made me think of that too. I think that wars CAN be fought to end injustice, but in themselves they are a great evil.

Just one picture like this can be a little more than I'm able to comprehend.

Then, you multiply it by a million, and it becomes truly mind-altering; it could drive you crazy thinking about it.

That's why it still pisses me off when idiots say, "Can't you just get over Bush? He's not running this year, you know..."

Just one picture like this can be a little more than I'm able to comprehend.

Then, you multiply it by a million, and it becomes truly mind-altering; it could drive you crazy thinking about it.

That's why it still pisses me off when idiots say, "Can't you just get over Bush? He's not running this year, you know..."

I know, Exactly. That's why they keep these pictures from us, when we go to war. They just show us the bombs bursting in air, at night on CNN's Baghad light show. I always thought that if people saw this kind of picture, in all its forms, then we wouldn't have near as many wars.

I know, Exactly. That's why they keep these pictures from us, when we go to war. They just show us the bombs bursting in air, at night on CNN's Baghad light show. I always thought that if people saw this kind of picture, in all its forms, then we wouldn't have near as many wars.

The biggest problem with wars is they are profitable for some, and those who decide to have them don't send their family to fight in them.

So I am not human? Interesting concept.

So because someone does not sympathize with the same ideology you do, they are not human?

Then I would submit that your own idea gives weight to my arguments in the threads about capital punishment and the bombings of Hiroshima & Nagasaki.

For surely those who torture and murder are less human that I am, as are those who started the war in the pacific theater in 1941.

No, those who don't feel empathy are less than human. So you are right in there with them.

Back