We are rolling up quickly on 800,000 posts

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
This time, instead of just giving it to whomever posts the 800,000th post, I'm taking the names of those who posted in that 24 hour period, putting them in a randomizer, then the name that pops up will get one $80 gift certificate to amazon.com (or another site if they prefer so long as they sell e-mail delivered gift certificates.)...

Get ready, I think it may be tomorrow.

:D

Ahh, but whose tomorrow??

Very good idea, although were't'me I would wait for the magic million.
8 is a very lucky number in Cantonese, incidentally. It has the same sound as money. so $88.88 would be money, money, money, money.
2 is also lucky. It sounds like 'easy'. so 28 is 'easy money' and 228 is 'very easy money' (easy easy).
Never offer anything containing 4 though. That sounds like 'death'. Tower blocks never have fourth or fourteenth or twenty-fourth floors because no one would live there.

78 more to go... I'm pretty sure it will be today's 24 hour period. I will use Mountain Daylight Time. Anybody who has posted today is eligible, somebody will get a gift certificate.

:D

It's today. Now I have to stay up to midnight just in case somebody that hasn't already posts at the last second... Bah. I should have said Eastern time.

This is a list of the eligible posters:

apple0154
‎ bravo
‎ cawacko
‎ charver
‎ Damn Yankee
‎ Dixie
‎ Heywood Jablowme
‎ Ice Dancer
‎ Jerzy Kosinski
‎ King of Gods
‎ King of Guns
‎ King of Kings
‎ King of Nothing
‎ Liberty
‎ Lowaicue
‎ Mott the Hoople
NigelTufnel
‎ Onceler
‎ PostmodernProphet
‎ signalmankenneth
‎ SmarterThanYou
‎ Socrtease
‎ Taichiliberal
‎ tinfoil
‎ tom prendergast
‎ Topspin
‎ WinterBorn
‎ wolfspinne
‎ Yurt
‎ ZappasGuitar

King of Names didn't post yesterday. Odd, but true. I took my name out of the mix, because if I won people would always wonder. And Heywood/Rtber is eligible because he posted yesterday.

Back