we need to re-think the Inviolability of religious and philosophical institutions

Again, sad. This is a piddling trifle. If you don't believe you are Jewish you are less likely to marry a Jewish girl, your kids aren't likely Jews...

Of course, if you believe you are, you can marry a nice converted girl and still have Jewish kids. Or you can just get your wife to convert so your kids can enjoy being part of the race you fear so much.

Thanks for laying out the options.

It can't .. just as there can't be atheist christians.

There is no race called christian.

There can be atheist Israelis .. who are not jews.
And Atheist Hebrews, and they still wouldn't be Jews.

I've brought this up before. His answer... If your wife is Jewish your kids are, that's what they believe!

Of course, if your wife is Christian, they tend to think the same thing.

It can't .. just as there can't be atheist christians.

There is no race called christian.

There can be atheist Israelis .. who are not jews.
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Jew[/ame]

A Jewish atheist or atheist Jew is a person of Jewish ethnicity who is an atheist, one who does not believe in God, yet is still a member of the Jewish people. Because Jewishness encompasses ethnic as well as religious components, the term "Jewish atheist" does not necessarily imply any kind of contradiction. Based on Jewish law's emphasis on matrilineal descent, Orthodox Jewish authorities would accept as fully Jewish an atheist with a Jewish mother.[1]

He accepted it. the proof is throwing the moneychangers from his fathers house just days before his crucifixtion.

Jews don't believe Jesus was the son of God and Jesus and the elders of the Jewish faith did not believe in the same tenets.

Of course, all is this is dependent upon which Jesus one is talking about.

The story of Jesus is the story of Hercules .. and I mean no disrespect to christians, jews, muslims, or anybody else, but religion is based on faith, not truth, not fact, not science.

Leaningright. Im trying to assess the degree to which noahidism has permeated christianity. Is it your belief as a christian preacher or reverend or priest or pastor that Jews need to accept christ for salvation?

Absolutely. John 14:6

By the way, I am just a preacher.......no reverend (Matt. 23:9-12) and no pastor as I have no grown kids and am not qualified for that position.

Jews don't believe Jesus was the son of God and Jesus and the elders of the Jewish faith did not believe in the same tenets.

The story of Jesus is the story of Hercules .. and I mean no disrespect to christians, jews, muslims, or anybody else, but religion is based on faith, not truth, not fact, not science.

And spirituality is just ... whatever moves you, man.:pke:

All I can say is...

'Theory without fact is hypothesis-fact without theory is chaos' both are needed to make a whole!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Jew

A Jewish atheist or atheist Jew is a person of Jewish ethnicity who is an atheist, one who does not believe in God, yet is still a member of the Jewish people. Because Jewishness encompasses ethnic as well as religious components, the term "Jewish atheist" does not necessarily imply any kind of contradiction. Based on Jewish law's emphasis on matrilineal descent, Orthodox Jewish authorities would accept as fully Jewish an atheist with a Jewish mother.[1]

Further proof of why Wiki cannot be trusted.

There is no race called Jews, it is a religion, period.

Another misnomer is "anti-semitism" meaning anti-jewish, or anti-Isareli. Arabs are every bit as "semitic" as Israelis and jews.

Faith is belief, not theory, which is normally derived by conclusion, event, and sets of circumstances .. not being born to it.

However to some faith is just that a theory...to others a belief that has documentation...you are just splitting hairs for the sake of argument!

And Atheist Hebrews, and they still wouldn't be Jews.

I've brought this up before. His answer... If your wife is Jewish your kids are, that's what they believe!

Of course, if your wife is Christian, they tend to think the same thing.

I don't disagree that it may indeed be what they believe, but religion is not based on facts. Just because they believe it doesn't mean it has to make the slightest bit of sense.

You can be born American and white, but not christian .. and just because your mother is a christian, doesn't make you one.

There is no race called "jewish."

It is a religion and being jewish is a label of one who believes in the jewish faith.

Did Jesus believe in the jewish faith .. or isn't that because he did not believe in the jewish faith he was cruxified?
From the practical point of view, He was crucified because He took the authorities to task for usurping and corrupting the Jewish religion. But He was, indeed, a Jew.

From the Christian POV, He was crucified because it was necessary for Him to suffer and die to atone for our sins.

Whoever says being born to a Jewish family (or Christian) does not necessarily make a person a Jew (or Christian), I agree with you. Judaism is a religion not a race of people. I would go into an argument that after AD 70 the religion of Judaism could not legitimately exist but I won't.

On the thought of the children being born as this or that, I believe there is a progression to developing faith. For those of us "church goers" who are trying to teacher our children there is a period of time (childhood) when their faith is indoctrinated or just the faith of their parents but at some point in their lives when they grow to adulthood they will either make the faith their own or reject it. The progression is the same no matter what the religion.

I do resent my 15 years of forced indoctrination into Christianity.
But I also realize I did develop a few good morals because of it.
golden rule principle mainly.

From the practical point of view, He was crucified because He took the authorities to task for usurping and corrupting the Jewish religion. But He was, indeed, a Jew.

From the Christian POV, He was crucified because it was necessary for Him to suffer and die to atone for our sins.

Jesus was a Judean and Gallilean, but never called himself a jew. The spiritual leaders of the jews were Pharisees, who were Edomite Herodians .. and Jesus condemed the Pharisees. He called them "serpents, the offspring of vipers" (Matthew 3:7; 12:34; 23:33).

Being jewish is to accept the jewish faith, period.

Was Sammy Davis Jr. a jew?

Back