We're All Job Doomers Now

good morning Care.

Maybe someday we can get people in office who actually research the pros and cons of something before they just jump on it because it has short term gains for their state?
Good luck in doing that Desh...they get paid to look out for their own states and get elected by the people within their state....you would think that the other states that would not have benefitted from the rise in corn sales and prices would have had leveled heads and challenged corn as the way to go on ethanol?

care

A reasonable sounding rationalization, but I do not think this is the major cause of the price increase in rice.

Your trying to "think" is where you made your first mistake. :eek: oh yeah.... I went there.

As mentioned to you before... the rise in rice prices is due to consumption increases. Part of this is for the reason Damo mentioned. Part of it is due to more urbanization in Asia/India. As their economies are growing, their people are eating more.... and obviously rice is a staple in their diets.

Your trying to "think" is where you made your first mistake. :eek: oh yeah.... I went there.

As mentioned to you before... the rise in rice prices is due to consumption increases. Part of this is for the reason Damo mentioned. Part of it is due to more urbanization in Asia/India. As their economies are growing, their people are eating more.... and obviously rice is a staple in their diets.

And part of it is the complete wiping out of some of the rice crops by extreme weather.

Back