We're at war & in a recession

Onceler

So let's elect the guy whose church we feel comfortable with.

I don't know about everyone else, but after the beer test, I go with the Pastor I like the best.

Friggin' America.

I just saw a one on one interview on PBS with Obama. I was impressed. I think he is as smart as the other 2 combined.

Obama is giving his big "Race" speech tomorrow in Pennsylvania. Just for those people who tried to tell me that this wasn't hurting him. In one poll he lost 7 points to McCain over three days, in another he lost 5 approval points and showed a 50% disapproval rating. It isn't doing him good and he will need to make one fantastic excuse.

Shoot, about a year ago I remember the good Rev himself saying that Obama would have to distance himself from him if he got the nomination. That in itself tells me that Obama had a clue about this and pretending that he just recently heard one of them and then was told about the others seems to be a bit disingenuous.

I do not need my intelligence insulted by somebody pretending that somebody that they knew intimately for 20 years somehow slipped it by them that they made what he called "shocking" statements. He'll have to do better than the "I didn't know" defense if he is going to shut the door on this, if it doesn't work the legs will get even larger and hairier and won't walk away.

And yes, all this will happen while we are at war and headed for recession.

Of course he is. He's done more in his lifetime than either could ever hope to. In just 2 years in the senate he's become a well enough recongnized leader to be considered presidential material. No other man has ever done that before, and I doubt any ever will again.

I can't wait until he's president.

Obama is giving his big "Race" speech tomorrow in Pennsylvania. Just for those people who tried to tell me that this wasn't hurting him. In one poll he lost 7 points to McCain over three days, in another he lost 5 approval points and showed a 50% disapproval rating. It isn't doing him good and he will need to make one fantastic excuse.

Shoot, about a year ago I remember the good Rev himself saying that Obama would have to distance himself from him if he got the nomination. That in itself tells me that Obama had a clue about this and pretending that he just recently heard one of them and then was told about the others seems to be a bit disingenuous.

I do not need my intelligence insulted by somebody pretending that somebody that they knew intimately for 20 years somehow slipped it by them that they made what he called "shocking" statements. He'll have to do better than the "I didn't know" defense if he is going to shut the door on this, if it doesn't work the legs will get even larger and hairier and won't walk away.

IN ONE POLL ZOMG LET'S AQLL VOTE FOR MCCAIN

TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH FTW

I do hope he makes it past Hillary. McClown should not seven slow him down. By Niov our economy is going to be so sucky no one will want anyone associated in any way with Bushed-onomics.

Such a loser.

You should surrender your right to vote.

Damo used to be against the war....
Darla and I predicted this shift in Damos rationalizing as the election approached.

Oh, whew. I was on pins and needles wondering if you were going to vote for Obama.

I wonder if Damo's "intelligence has been insulted" by the constant repetition of "they attack us for our freedoms" over the past 7 years?

I wonder if he's been equally insulted by "greeted as liberators," "last throes," "economy is turning the corner" & every other lie we've heard over the past 7 years?

How about it Damo? Were you as insulted by those as you are about Obama's relationship to his pastor?

Idiot.

I do hope he makes it past Hillary. McClown should not seven slow him down. By Niov our economy is going to be so sucky no one will want anyone associated in any way with Bushed-onomics.
I have wanted Obama over Hillary since long before all this started. Not because I think he's easier to be defeated, but because I think it is bad for America to have 24 years of the same two families in the WH.

I wonder if Damo's "intelligence has been insulted" by the constant repetition of "they attack us for our freedoms" over the past 7 years?

I wonder if he's been equally insulted by "greeted as liberators," "last throes," "economy is turning the corner" & every other lie we've heard over the past 7 years?

How about it Damo? Were you as insulted by those as you are about Obama's relationship to his pastor?

Idiot.
Of course it has. Don't be a dolt and start remembering a bit of the shared time we have spent. I don't support undeclared wars and haven't since before we attacked Iraq.

But you support continuing an undeclared war Damo ?
I support what I believe will kill the least amount of people. I do not believe that utopia will break out in Iraq when we leave if we leave before we train a new army for the one we disbanded and turned into criminals. I believe that we were stupid enough to let our government do this thing, we should at least ensure that there will be some security before we leave.

Of course it has. Don't be a dolt and start remembering a bit of the shared time we have spent. I don't support undeclared wars and haven't since before we attacked Iraq.

Fair enough. I'm testy because I watched Fox, who basically agree with you. You're crossing the line into the land of American gullibility if you think this is a REAL story, though. It is not.

The test is not today. It is a month from now. I stand by what I said earlier.

I support what I believe will kill the least amount of people. I do not believe that utopia will break out in Iraq when we leave if we leave before we train a new army for the one we disbanded and turned into criminals. I believe that we were stupid enough to let our government do this thing, we should at least ensure that there will be some security before we leave.
Who specifically are the WE you speak of. It did not include me. I called and wrote my elected representatives.
I was ridiculed for my opposition to the invasion. I did all I could under legal and moral methods available to me.
And I did not vote for the administration that got us in this mess.Actually I did not vote for one person in govt that voted to allow bush to goto war.
this may be my countries war but it is not my war.

Who specifically are the WE you speak of. It did not include me. I called and wrote my elected representatives.
I was ridiculed for my opposition to the invasion. I did all I could under legal and moral methods available to me.
And I did not vote for the administration that got us in this mess.Actually I did not vote for one person in govt that voted to allow bush to goto war.
this may be my countries war but it is not my war.

We all bear collective responsibility for the war in Iraq, US, if for no other reason than that we're funding it. Whenever the football team loses, the whole football team loses, not just those who used the worst strategy. It's good to oppose it but none of us are innocent.

Back