Were they Libertarians?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
You tell me.

A teenage girl collapsed and died in a suspected drugs overdose with friends claiming her drink was spiked...

Maybe you could just come out and state your thoughts on this. A clear statement of your opinion would be welcome at this point. I don't know what drug was used in your example but MJ won't kill anyone or cause lasting harm. Do I think it's wrong to do this kind of thing, of course! What is your point? What are you getting at?

Do you think they caused "harm"?

They violated the trust of these other people.

That has little to do with whether marijuana should be prohibited.

Topping the brownies with peanut butter may have done more harm if a person with an allergy had gotten one. That's not an argument against peanuts. It's an argument against failing to disclose the recipe if you know some would not appreciate the effects of certain ingredients.

Maybe you could just come out and state your thoughts on this. A clear statement of your opinion would be welcome at this point. I don't know what drug was used in your example but MJ won't kill anyone or cause lasting harm. Do I think it's wrong to do this kind of thing, of course! What is your point? What are you getting at?

The drug was clearly identified in the linked article.

Was there "lasting harm" to the girl who dies after drinking the spiked punch?

They violated the trust of these other people. That has little to do with whether marijuana should be prohibited. Topping the brownies with peanut butter may have done more harm if a person with an allergy had gotten one. That's not an argument against peanuts. It's an argument against failing to disclose the recipe if you know some would not appreciate the effects of certain ingredients.

Would you agree that spiking a girls' drink with Flunitrazepam would cause harm to the victim?

The drug was clearly identified in the linked article.

Was there "lasting harm" to the girl who dies after drinking the spiked punch?

You're asking a stupid question in my view. What do you think? I don't care what the drug was but it wasn't MJ....and the drug wasn't the problem, someone spiking her drink was the problem, wasn't it? What's your point?

You're asking a stupid question in my view. What do you think? I don't care what the drug was but it wasn't MJ....and the drug wasn't the problem, someone spiking her drink was the problem, wasn't it? What's your point?

Would you agree that guns aren't a problem, it's people shooting people that's a problem?

I don't think it translates well. I don't like guns and don't care for our cultural obsession with guns. I think hot heads are able to kill much more efficiently with guns. However I don't think this 'discussion' translates to guns.

Would you agree that spiking a girls' drink with Flunitrazepam would cause harm to the victim?

Dixie??? Yeah, that's a good analogy. Again, the issue is forcing a drug on someone and comparing that to someone taking the drug themselves is pretty stupid. But that has a much stronger effect and is potentially fatal while marijuana is not.

Non sequitur. I would but this has absolutly no connection to the previous point.

Drugs and guns are inanimate objects.

Therefore they both require humans to take effect on other humans.

So guns and drugs are inert and harmless without people misusing both.

Dixie??? Yeah, that's a good analogy. Again, the issue is forcing a drug on someone and comparing that to someone taking the drug themselves is pretty stupid. But that has a much stronger effect and is potentially fatal while marijuana is not.

Marijuana has never been fatal?

First off, ingesting marijuana baked into something is NOT as potent as smoking it. HOWEVER, most people now steep in butter THEN bake with it. If you made a tray of brownies with as much Marijuana as you smoked in a month, if you were an everyday user, the brownies would chew and taste like hay. However, "cannabutter" could make you damned high. I have been REALLY REALLY high before and NEVER had to go to the hospital from the effects of tetrahydrocannabinol. This strikes me as a reefer madness story. Not that it didn't happen, just that going to the hospital, really?

As for not telling someone they are eating Magic Brownies, that would be totally a violation of a person's rights and so not endorsed by libertarians anywhere, you fucking troll.

You cannot overdose on Marijuana. So the substance itself is NOT fatal. Studies done in Sweden and by Kaiser Permanente showed no higher rates of death for Marijuana smokers than any other group. So for the most part, no, Marijuana is not fatal.

One should note that the Kaiser Permanente study did conclude that AIDS patients who smoked Marijuana died at a much higher rate, but it wasn't the marijuana.

So you have no issue with dosing people with drugs without their knowledge?

Yes, but people don't buy guns because they want to consume bullets. Misusing them is quite a bit different. If i shotgun a friend with a joint, okay, with a gun not so much. It's not a good analogy.

Not that I know of. Do you have proof otherwise, troll?

As for not telling someone they are eating Magic Brownies, that would be totally a violation of a person's rights and so not endorsed by libertarians anywhere, you fucking troll.

This. I said it earlier as well. The idea is repugnant to libertarians.

First off, ingesting marijuana baked into something is NOT as potent as smoking it.
You never had my brownies. If you are able to safely drive the next day, I didn't make then correctly. (No, not kidding, 24 hours of stoned).
HOWEVER, most people now steep in butter THEN bake with it.
Not doing so would be pointless, since the THC is soluble in fat
If you made a tray of brownies with as much Marijuana as you smoked in a month, if you were an everyday user, the brownies would chew and taste like hay.
After you saute the weed in the butter, discard the weed. Just the butter goes in the brownies. The taste is disguised by chocolate chips and walnuts. There is SOME weed taste, but the stuff we use doesn't taste like hay. Maybe your swagg does.
However, "cannabutter" could make you damned high. I have been REALLY REALLY high before and NEVER had to go to the hospital from the effects of tetrahydrocannabinol. This strikes me as a reefer madness story. Not that it didn't happen, just that going to the hospital, really?
Yes, really. You knew you were damned high, and why. Imagine becoming that high without knowing why.
As for not telling someone they are eating Magic Brownies, that would be totally a violation of a person's rights

Agree

Back