What a Bunch of Bastages - Republicans, Of Course

Bonestorm

Thrillhouse
Basically, the House Republicans are pissed that the Democrats are planing to hold votes on contempt proceedings against Harriet Miers and Josh Bolton later today so they decided to throw a legislative hissy-fit. Their plan is to file motions to adjourn to disrupt proceedings. They've filed one so far, right in the middle of a memorial service being held in the Capitol to remember Democratic Rep. Tom Lantos who passed away a few days ago. It basically forces everyone to leave the memorial service to vote on their BS motion to adjourn.

Corksmokers.

you have a link Dung?

Side note: I am glad the Dems are so focused on the major issues facing this country. It makes me feel so comfortable knowing they have our best interest at heart and are working so diligently to better the country. :)

you have a link Dung?

Side note: I am glad the Dems are so focused on the major issues facing this country. It makes me feel so comfortable knowing they have our best interest at heart and are working so diligently to better the country. :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/14/house-in-chaos-after-repu_n_86639.html

Apparently, you feel that the Executive branch should be able to operate without any congressional oversight and should be freely able to ignore legitimate requests for information and testimony from Congress.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/14/house-in-chaos-after-repu_n_86639.html

Apparently, you feel that the Executive branch should be able to operate without any congressional oversight and should be freely able to ignore legitimate requests for information and testimony from Congress.

No I did not suggest any such thing. I asked for a link... hoping to see what the contempt charges were about. What information is it that they have requested and not received. Is this something new?

Regardless, yes... there are more important issues than a pissing contest between the Dems in Congress and the Bush administration.

No I did not suggest any such thing. I asked for a link... hoping to see what the contempt charges were about. What information is it that they have requested and not received. Is this something new?

Regardless, yes... there are more important issues than a pissing contest between the Dems in Congress and the Bush administration.

It is a pissing match, but it's a fairly important pissing match from a separation of powers perspective.

Anyway, the point of the post is that the Repubilcans are a bunch of whiny little assholes that absolutely refuse to work with anyone on anything. How could you work with someone that doesn't even have the goddamn decency not to interrupt a fucking memorial service for one of your colleagues being held in the same goddamn building you are sitting in?

It's lunacy. They've now apparently walked out of the House in protest of something or other.

It is a pissing match, but it's a fairly important pissing match from a separation of powers perspective.

Anyway, the point of the post is that the Repubilcans are a bunch of whiny little assholes that absolutely refuse to work with anyone on anything. How could you work with someone that doesn't even have the goddamn decency not to interrupt a fucking memorial service for one of your colleagues being held in the same goddamn building you are sitting in?

It's lunacy. They've now apparently walked out of the House in protest of something or other.

It was the Dems that scheduled the vote for today. They could have held the vote another day. They knew the Reps would be pissed. Take a look at the article you posted. Review the links. The time of the vote was supposed to be pretty much right after the service. The only time the Reps had to do this was when they did it.

It was the Dems that scheduled the vote for today. They could have held the vote another day. They knew the Reps would be pissed. Take a look at the article you posted. Review the links. The time of the vote was supposed to be pretty much right after the service. The only time the Reps had to do this was when they did it.

You're deluding yourself if you buy into that complete bullshit.

You're deluding yourself if you buy into that complete bullshit.

So you did not read the proposed time of the vote?

The two resolutions were brought by Conyers yesterday. Deliberation at 11 today and a vote at 1. Services were this morning. Just when exactly were they supposed to do this?

Bottom line, the Dems could have put this on the docket tomorrow.

The two resolutions were brought by Conyers yesterday. Deliberation at 11 today and a vote at 1. Services were this morning. Just when exactly were they supposed to do this?

Man, there is politics behind every singal decision made on Capital Hill. I'm sure the Democrats knew exactly what they were doing when they scheduled this. The Republicans did it when they were in power and the Democrats are doing it now.

Another example for people who may wonder why people view politicians so negatively.

The Democrats certainly could have done it tomorrow, but what does that have to do with the Republicans holding hissy-fit procedural votes during the memorial ceremony for Rep. Lantos? And what's the whole purpose of the motion to adjourn but to force the democrats to show up on the floor to vote against it so that the days' business can be conducted. If you don't think is was a bullshit side-show kick-in-the-nuts piss-on-your-dead vote, look at the roll call:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2008/roll058.xml

Two people voted in favor of it. Clearly it was a vitally important vote that absolutely had to take place when it did considering the overwhelming support in favor of it.

It was a cheap, cynical asshole thing to do, so naturally it was right up the Republicans' alley.

Holy fucking Christ did Tom Lantos and his wife look weird:

Ban_Ki-Moon_and_Tom_Lantos.jpg

Man, there is politics behind every singal decision made on Capital Hill. I'm sure the Democrats knew exactly what they were doing when they scheduled this. The Republicans did it when they were in power and the Democrats are doing it now.

Another example for people who may wonder why people view politicians so negatively.

yeah, they set up a scenario to hammer the Reps and they got a sucker on the line. The Dems did this so that if a Rep fell into the trap they could scream about how insensitive the Reps were. All the while forgetting to mention that THEY are the ones that scheduled the deliberation and vote right after the services.

The Democrats certainly could have done it tomorrow, but what does that have to do with the Republicans holding hissy-fit procedural votes during the memorial ceremony for Rep. Lantos? And what's the whole purpose of the motion to adjourn but to force the democrats to show up on the floor to vote against it so that the days' business can be conducted. If you don't think is was a bullshit side-show kick-in-the-nuts piss-on-your-dead vote, look at the roll call:

Two people voted in favor of it. Clearly it was a vitally important vote that absolutely had to take place when it did considering the overwhelming support in favor of it.

It was a cheap, cynical asshole thing to do, so naturally it was right up the Republicans' alley.

Like I said, it was all set up by the Dems.... and a Rep fell into the trap. But the Dems had complete control of this situation. So don't come crying to me and expect any sympathy. They WANTED this to happen. They engineered the scenario and a Rep walked right into the bear trap.

The Rs did this all the time when they were the majority, the only difference is the Rs have the gonads to do something even if it makes them "look bad".

and again, what other time was there for the Reps to hold a hissy fit? They had to do it this morning if they were going to do it. There was no other time because the Dems scheduled the deliberation at 11 and the vote at 1.

and again, what other time was there for the Reps to hold a hissy fit? They had to do it this morning if they were going to do it. There was no other time because the Dems scheduled the deliberation at 11 and the vote at 1.

Why do you claim that they had no other time to do it? What do you base that on?

Maybe you're right. Maybe they had no other time to do it except for the second time they did it at 1:40 P.M.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2008/roll059.xml

There was no trap. They did it when they did it because they could, not because they had to.

Why do you claim that they had no other time to do it? What do you base that on?

Maybe you're right. Maybe they had no other time to do it except for the second time they did it at 1:40 P.M.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2008/roll059.xml

There was no trap. They did it when they did it because they could, not because they had to.

Bottom line, they were screwing with the Reps, the Reps returned the favor. Period. Enough of the faux outrage.

Bottom line, they were screwing with the Reps, the Reps returned the favor. Period. Enough of the faux outrage.

I don't understand how they were "screwing with the Reps."

The bottom line is that the Republicans were pissed at the very idea of holding any vote at any time on the contempt motions. As a result, they brought their two hissy-fit motions followed by the hissfy-fit walk out. They filed the first motion for adjournment during a goddamn memorial service because they are Grade-A assholes.

Also, I take it you concede the fact that the Republicans filed the motion for adjournment when they did for no other reason than to "screw with the Democrats."

Back