What a Bunch of Bastages - Republicans, Of Course

Boy, I'm all mad that the Rs took a stance against something they thought was wrong....

:rolleyes:

What did they think was wrong, holding a memorial service for a Democratic colleague? Because that's basically what they took a stance against.

They act like children and you cheer them on. Congrats, douchebag.

What did they think was wrong, holding a memorial service for a Democratic colleague? Because that's basically what they took a stance against.

They act like children and you cheer them on. Congrats, douchebag.
LOL. False outrage makes me laugh. Your first post clearly outlines what they were against. Seriously, this is some sad display of false outrage. Politicians play politics, it is what they do.

I don't understand how they were "screwing with the Reps."

The bottom line is that the Republicans were pissed at the very idea of holding any vote at any time on the contempt motions. As a result, they brought their two hissy-fit motions followed by the hissfy-fit walk out. They filed the first motion for adjournment during a goddamn memorial service because they are Grade-A assholes.

Also, I take it you concede the fact that the Republicans filed the motion for adjournment when they did for no other reason than to "screw with the Democrats."

Of course they did it to return the screwjob the Dems handed them. They did it prior to the deliberation. The Dems set it up to where the only time they could do this PRIOR to the deliberations was during the service. Again, I could care less that the Reps did this anymore than I care that the Dems were jerking them around. It is the bullshit games these idiots like to play. So I will not be feeling sympathetic to the faux outrage from the Dems on this.

Of course they did it to return the screwjob the Dems handed them. They did it prior to the deliberation. The Dems set it up to where the only time they could do this PRIOR to the deliberations was during the service. Again, I could care less that the Reps did this anymore than I care that the Dems were jerking them around. It is the bullshit games these idiots like to play. So I will not be feeling sympathetic to the faux outrage from the Dems on this.

Again, you assert that the only time they could do it was during the middle of the memorial service. Why do you say that?

And, of course, you ignore the fact that it was nothing more that a procedural hissy-fit motion that managed to get only two votes in favor. What was the point of the motion other than to be assholes?

Again, you assert that the only time they could do it was during the middle of the memorial service. Why do you say that?

And, of course, you ignore the fact that it was nothing more that a procedural hissy-fit motion that managed to get only two votes in favor. What was the point of the motion other than to be assholes?

You must be mad about something else because I haven't seen you post like this before. This type of behavior has gone on for years in Washington. Again why do you think people hold those in Congress (and politicians in general) in such low esteem? All both parties do is f*ck with the other party.

Edit: If I may add to this I'm not saying it is or should be acceptable but it is the unfortunate reality of how Washington D.C. works.

You must be mad about something else because I haven't seen you post like this before. This type of behavior has gone on for years in Washington. Again why do you think people hold those in Congress (and politicians in general) in such low esteem? All both parties do is f*ck with the other party.
QFT! This!

I did not ignore anything. I said the Dems played around by having the deliberation at 11 am. That meant if the Reps wanted to do anything PRIOR to the deliberation, that it would have to be before 11 am. The Dems knew when they set up the vote that the Reps were going to be pissed about the vote. They could have set up the vote for tomorrow, they chose to have the proceedings start today....EARLY. The FAUX OUTRAGE is getting obnoxious. The Dems played a game and the Reps did too. Big deal.

Your Faux outrage on this is about equivalent to Jarods...."I am so embarassed about Huckabee" thread

I did not ignore anything. I said the Dems played around by having the deliberation at 11 am. That meant if the Reps wanted to do anything PRIOR to the deliberation, that it would have to be before 11 am. The Dems knew when they set up the vote that the Reps were going to be pissed about the vote. They could have set up the vote for tomorrow, they chose to have the proceedings start today....EARLY. The FAUX OUTRAGE is getting obnoxious. The Dems played a game and the Reps did too. Big deal.

Your Faux outrage on this is about equivalent to Jarods...."I am so embarassed about Huckabee" thread

But here's the thing: the Reps didn't do anything PRIOR to deliberation. And in reality, they never really did anything other than throw a hiss-fit during a memorial service, which is fine, and to be expected from assholes.

this is no tee-hee-hee LOL, everybody does it matter.

Republicans are enabling law-breaking by the executive branch. They are allowing the executive branch to ignore Congress' constitutionally mandated powers.

High level clinton advisors were routinely subpeoned to appear before congress and testify. What Bush is doing in unprecendented, in instructing his advisors to ignore a congressional subpeana. Its established tradition and law, that congressional subpenas can't be blown off.

But here's the thing: the Reps didn't do anything PRIOR to deliberation. And in reality, they never really did anything other than throw a hiss-fit during a memorial service, which is fine, and to be expected from assholes.

I really do not care. The Dems are the ones that set the date. They started this game. There was nothing that was so urgent that they had to deliberate and vote the day after Conyers brought the bills. Period. Quit the crying.

this is no tee-hee-hee LOL, everybody does it matter.

Republicans are enabling law-breaking by the executive branch. They are allowing the executive branch to ignore Congress' constitutionally mandated powers.

High level clinton advisors were routinely subpeoned to appear before congress and testify. What Bush is doing in unprecendented, in instructing his advisors to ignore a congressional subpeana. Its established tradition and law, that congressional subpenas can't be blown off.
Thus the third branch will need to be called in to settle it, or they can just be ineffective and show it to everybody. Checks and balances have three branches.

Back