What Blue Dogs need to remember

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel4
  • Start date Start date
Nice link troll, it doesn't even work. I probably still have some of Sheenan's mailings that i received around the house. I'm still laughing that you claim she ran to the right of Pelosi.

sure it works....it's "This page is parked free, courtesy of Urls.net"....it works nearly as much as Pelosi ever did....maybe more....

Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet
uh, dude?...Sheehan lost because she tried to be more "progressive" than Pelosi.....

No kidding? The fact that it doesn't work is the point.

Challenge the Speaker and see what happens! I hope the Blue Dogs have noticed. Even if they don't, we have the votes to pass reform.

Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet
uh, dude?...Sheehan lost because she tried to be more "progressive" than Pelosi.....

No kidding? The fact that it doesn't work is the point.

Challenge the Speaker and see what happens! I hope the Blue Dogs have noticed. Even if they don't, we have the votes to pass reform.

Dude, Sheehan ran AGAINST Pelosi. The Blue Dogs are not in Pelosi's district. They are not running against her. I'm in Pelosi's district. There are very few blue dogs here. This is liberal country.

Dude, Sheehan ran AGAINST Pelosi. The Blue Dogs are not in Pelosi's district. They are not running against her. I'm in Pelosi's district. There are very few blue dogs here. This is liberal country.

Do you feel lonely our there, like I feel lonely up here in connie land?

If the Blue Dogs obstruct the Party platform, they will suffer the same fate as Sheehan.

Ahahahaha, for a minute I thought you were serious!

My understanding is many blue dogs are from more conservative leaning districts. Now maybe you were talking about a more liberal candidate running against the blue dog in the primary and I missed that. But I don't think it a stretch that in more conservative districts a Republican can beat a more liberal Democrat.

The truth is we have a system today that works well for the insurance industry, but it doesn't always work well for you.

The more the public knows about what we’re doing, the more they support it, and especially if you’re talking about a public option, because that’s where the insurance companies are making their attack.

They are the villains in this. They have been part of the problem in a major way. They are doing everything in their power to stop a public option from happening, and the public has to know that. They can disguise their arguments any way they want, but the fact is that they don’t want the competition.

Of course, they’ve been immoral all along in how they have treated the people that they insure with pre-existing conditions, you know, the litany of it all.

What we need, and what we will have when we pass these reforms, are health insurance consumer protections to make sure that those who have insurance are treated fairly and insurance companies are held accountable.

I am for the strongest possible public option, because, as the president said, that’s the way to keep the private sector honest, that’s how you have true competition, and achieve true universal, quality, accessible healthcare for all Americans.

My understanding is many blue dogs are from more conservative leaning districts. Now maybe you were talking about a more liberal candidate running against the blue dog in the primary and I missed that. But I don't think it a stretch that in more conservative districts a Republican can beat a more liberal Democrat.

and I would say you were correct....Dems took control of Congress by shifting to the right, pretending they had a mandate to the left....now they're ticked because the conservative Democrats they hand picked have the audacity to STAY conservative....

Dems got control of Congress due to the massive fail of the Bush regime, remember?

Dems got control of Congress due to the massive fail of the Bush regime, remember?

No kidding troll. That still doesn't address the fact that most blue dog Democrats are from more conservativing leaning districts and the idea that more liberal Democrats and going to win a primary and then win a seat in a conservative district is highly unlikely. Nice avoidence though.

If the respective party canvassing and funding organizations were to decline to support the Blue Dogs, they might have some difficulties during the primaries.

If the respective party canvassing and funding organizations were to decline to support the Blue Dogs, they might have some difficulties during the primaries.

Blue Dogs is that like Blue Balls?

So you have two options: you either support the existing blue dog Democrat because you would rather have a blue dog than a Republican in office or say fuck it I'm sticking to principle and I'd rather the blue dog lose in the primary and if a Republican beats the more liberal Democrat I'm ok with that.

No. I have the option of running a loyal Democrat in the primary and defeating the Republican in the general.

Back