What did Gays lose with Prop 8 Passing

So can I get confirmation that those that had gay marriage in california lost something after prop 8 passed?

So, if you get a same sex marriage in one state, it has to be recognized in another state even if they don't have laws for same sex marriage?
No, the Defense of Marriage Act, or DOMA, makes it so that states that do not recognize them are not forced to recognize them because another state does.

So can I get confirmation that those that had gay marriage in california lost something after prop 8 passed?
It appears that they lost any Federally recognized right, like sponsoring a spouse entry to the US. However, I am not sure they get those even with "marriage" in a state because the Feds don't recognize homosexual marriages yet. They're a bit backwards.

No, the Defense of Marriage Act, or DOMA, makes it so that states that do not recognize them are not forced to recognize them because another state does.

By ignoring the constitution and exempting marriage from judicial review. Everyone knows that provision is unconstitutional.

It appears that they lost any Federally recognized right, like sponsoring a spouse entry to the US. However, I am not sure they get those even with "marriage" in a state because the Feds don't recognize homosexual marriages yet. They're a bit backwards.

State gay marriage is not recognized at the federal level due to the DOMA. The widow of Gerry Studds, for instance, was denied congressional pension due to it.

Does anyone think that I am exaggerating when I call these people who justify these things pure evil?

This is why you don't fit in the party you have chosen. You are far to reasonable.

Back