What Do You Collect?

My collecting days are done. I would jump on a collecting binge every once and a while but I end up with too much gathering dust. I got various collections from Star Wars, rocks & minerals, and various trading card games.

The problem with the Bluesbreaker is that it's freaking heavy as fuck. It always went into a venue on a hand-truck. NO way was I carrying that thing in and out.

And I sold the AC-15 about 15 years ago.

Yeah, I regret it...

Yes, I had to buy road cases for my larger amps now with wheels. But, there are guys in the band that are 20 years younger than me now, and they move that stuff for me. They usually have me all set up before I even get there- because GRAND PAW IS GETTIN' A LITTLE SLOW! LOL!

my wife says I collect collections......diecast cars and tractors, marbles, action figures, harmonicas, walking sticks and canes, gin, men's jewelry, smoking paraphernalia, minerals and fossils.....among others.....

I jam with all kinds of people and a lot of people do that now that show up at the jams. Me I lug in my 65 lb Twin like a fool! But, Hey! I am totally in control of what I sound like. Here of late, I have been playing a lot of acoustic, and my Fender Acoustasonic 150 is lightweight and I even play my electric guitar through it, and I can drive right through the mix with confidence!

Back when I was playing a lot of acoustic, I treated myself to a Bose L1 (one of the early versions). We could run two guitars and two mics through it and fill up a room with sound...

Back when I was playing a lot of acoustic, I treated myself to a Bose L1 (one of the early versions). We could run two guitars and two mics through it and fill up a room with sound...

Nice! I recently lucked into a Mobile 1 AER acoustic with a 12 v. that I use in conjunction with my Acoustasonic 150. It's also great for Busking! I've always wanted one since I saw Tommy Emmanuel use one at the Majestic theater. I got it for about half what they are going for in a trade!

But, I would love to have a Fender Reverb Deluxe like yours! But now the used ones are selling for more than the new ones! :thinking:

I collect Guitars and amps! I currently have 38 guitars, 14 are electric US Fender Strats or Tele's, and 15 various tube amps, mostly Fender! I usually have a booth at the guitar shows in my 5 state area. I also repair and set-up guitars. Give guitar lessons, and play guitar in a local band. It's crazy I know, but I have over 100 pedals!

But that's not the craziest collection I have. I am the only nut I know that has over 30,000 45 rpm records, mostly all hand selected, mostly in NM condition, I have collected over the last 60 years. Not just from the US, as I have records from all over the world. Every one is a classic, mostly with it's original factory sleeve, or a color sleeve, mostly Black, and protective plastic clear outside sleeves to protect them. It's one of the largest Garage Band collections on the planet, same for my revered Rockabilly collection, and also the same for my rare Northern Soul collection. They are all for sale now! I sell on various Media platforms, and at most of the big record shows across America. I have over 1,000 Beatles 45's from just about every country on the planet- and 100's of their picture sleeves. Rolling Stones same thing!

I also have over 12 thousand albums. And I have approximately 2500 Radio Station PROMO 12 inch SINGLES records from the 70's and 80's! I sort of bought out a radio station once.

This may explain why I also collect Ex-wives! :laugh:

But Hey, they are still one of my favorite collections!

And no, I don't keep them in the basement or attic! LOL!

Those are collections which I wouldn't mind having [less the ex-wives--the Gestapo has been nagging me for fifty years so one is enough]..

It varies.

A lot of bands have moved away from having amplifiers onstage and going through their pedal board then into a DI box.

Personally, I always liked having an amp on stage, even if it's only something like a Deluxe Reverb. I figure I can always slap an SM-57 in front of it and run it through the mains...

The sound man on the mixer must go insane when musicians on the bandstand have access to their own amplifiers.
At least with a horn band, I would think. My friend's 10-piece ensemble has four musicians with six electric instruments eschewing amps for direct to mixer--
Nord keyboard,
Roland keyboard,
jazz archtop + Strat,
and upright bass with bridge pickup + Fender Frankenbass (Jazz Bass neck on Precision Bass body).

Those are collections which I wouldn't mind having [less the ex-wives--the Gestapo has been nagging me for fifty years so one is enough]..

I've had to think back and reflect- What do I really have to regret or complain about?

I've had the best of both worlds- A couple of good marriages- and a great single life before, in between, and after both marriages.

That's nuts!

At the height of my collecting, I had 48 guitars; electric, acoustic, Gibson, Fender, Martin, Taylor, Guild, Rickenbacker, PRS.

After a while I decided to liquidate and keep only a select few.

I've had many amps through the years, but my favorites were a Marshall Bluesbreaker reissue, a '62 (brown) Fender Princeton and a British made (1965, maybe?) Vox AC-15. That may have been the sweetest sounding amp I've ever played through...

My first

1963 Hagstrom 1 Futurama Red Guitar

pe8maohwldn4wamrfkyf.jpg

My first

1963 Hagstrom 1 Futurama Red Guitar

pe8maohwldn4wamrfkyf.jpg

Very cool. I see those online for anywhere between $600 and $1,200 these days.

My first guitar was an acoustic Kent 12-string. I was working as a counselor at a summer camp for special needs kids, and one of the "mentors" was a guy who was on the practice squad for the Jets (I think his name was Lou Vollo). I paid him $50 for that guitar.

For the life of me I don't know whatever happened to it. It was hardly a quality guitar, but it certainly built up my callouses!

Very cool. I see those online for anywhere between $600 and $1,200 these days.

My first guitar was an acoustic Kent 12-string. I was working as a counselor at a summer camp for special needs kids, and one of the "mentors" was a guy who was on the practice squad for the Jets (I think his name was Lou Vollo). I paid him $50 for that guitar.

For the life of me I don't know whatever happened to it. It was hardly a quality guitar, but it certainly built up my callouses!

When my folks bought it for me it was $105.00 in addition to a silverone amp

cFZEsUVSZYCRrfKY4Qr5Jf.jpg

I've got a bunch of silver dollars so I guess you could say I collect them.
I've got too many guitars and other stringed instruments.
Kangaroos, elephants, rhinos and manatees (not live ones though).

I collected guns when I was a kid--I still have nine, I believe, somewhere in storage--
but I completely lost interest after my military service.

Me too. Mostly older ones such as bolt-action battle rifles.

I also like edged weapons and have a little collection of knives, swords and machetes. All are working models, not just for show.

Everyone seems to collect something.

I collected $2 bills for a while. I don't know why, I just did. There's no special value to them, they just seem to be an oddity.

I used to collect vintage guitars and amplifiers, but that got a bit spendy. My late wife once took umbrage at me spending $17,000 on a custom color Fender Stratocaster some years back, but she relented when I sold it for $31,000 some years later. For a while I collected Bald Eagles; figurines, photos, stuffed animals, etc. That got way out of hand, though, and I started running out of room. I spent a while collecting fine watches, but that gets to be an expensive hobby real fast. I now have just a few very nice pieces which I enjoy wearing.

I now collect vintage cameras and Kodak memorabilia, and have a pretty formidable collection of each.

So, whaddya' collect?

Guns. I've got over 200, ranging from pre-Revolutionary War era to modern day. I've got a cannon, a literal bazooka, machine guns, everything you can think of.

Heart shaped rocks

When I’m cruising around I will kinda look for them

Not obsessively

But if I happen to spot one I’ll will pocket it

I’ve collected old furniture in the past

But after downsizing

Not so much

I would cheaply purchase solid old pieces and refurbish them

I would make bank with my yard sales back in the day

Now I just dabble

I do still collect facts

Back