What does freedom mean to you?

theMAJORITY

MAJORITYrules-sorry
Hey folks. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. (giving tahnks to be free---all pun intended)

Now, I don't think there are too many people in America that would say they don't believe the citizens of this great country should be free--at least publically---when they are running for office. :)

But, I do think the meaning of the word has evaded many of us, and I think we will see several different philosphies with this question.

Most of us say we want to be as free as possible, but lets find out what that means through civil conversation---if possible.

What is your defination of freedom for the people of the USA? Yes, you might have to use a search engine. :)

Hmm apparently there are many different definitions of American freedom.
The freedom to take advantage of the unwary.
The freedom to invade a sovern nation.
the freedom to vote for the best candidate regardless of party.

Me I always experience Freedom.........

Being that I am retired and all...can get up when I want...go where I want...buy what I want...play with what I want...hell even come into Message Boards and have fun playing with Liberals who must work hard for their welfare checks...and bash anyone who disagrees with them!...And yes even express my opinions supporting war or whatever...gotta problem...then move to Russia...or Venezuela or wherever your heart desires...me I will stay in the good old USA!:D

Freedom:

The ability to do that which I will, so long as I harm no other, nor employ force on another.

Many other options of where to move than your limited mind allows BB.
NZ, Australia, Puerto Rico, GB, etc...

Freedom is the right to do anything you please as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else's personal freedoms.

It doesn't get more simple than that...

Now for the hard part, name a few of those freedoms that do not infringe on someone else in some way.
Or name a few that do and we can talk philosophically about it.

Almost nothing I would wish to do harms or infringes on another's rights. It would take far fewer lines to list those things that I would like to do that would.

Note the use of force. This would be something that would be against my philosophy.

Iminent domain.

Note also that you are dumping pollutants out your tailpipe that others have to breathe. And as AHZ would say some of the parts in your vehicle may have been made in China with "slave labor"...

Kind of hard to think of many freedoms that do not in some way negatively impact others.

So leave already.............

Many other options of where to move than your limited mind allows BB.
NZ, Australia, Puerto Rico, GB, etc...

Like I give a rusty shit where you want to call home...me I call home Nevada...part of the good old USA...Have fun wherever you find home to or not to be...whatever or whichever..l;)

Iminent domain.

Note also that you are dumping pollutants out your tailpipe that others have to breathe. And as AHZ would say some of the parts in your vehicle may have been made in China with "slave labor"...

Kind of hard to think of many freedoms that do not in some way negatively impact others.
You continue to bring forward examples of a different form of "freedom", you asked which of "my" freedoms don't infringe on others. And I answered with the reality, there are few freedoms that I would wish to employ that would ever infringe on another.

The reality is "Imminent Domain" is an infringement on individual freedom and the use of force by the government. And I stated, this would be against my philosophy.

The reality is the freedoms YOU wish to employ infringe on others and you wish for government protection of those "freedoms".

Examples:

Drink like a fish, but don't drive because you could be putting OTHERS at risk.

Do whatever drug you wish, as long it won't cause harm to others.

Prostitution is fine, as long as it doesn't involve pimps that abuse the prostitutes.

Like I give a rusty shit where you want to call home...me I call home Nevada...part of the good old USA...Have fun wherever you find home to or not to be...whatever or whichever..l;)

ahh you just like living in a state where hispanics are the majority.

You continue to bring forward examples of a different form of "freedom", you asked which of "my" freedoms don't infringe on others. And I answered with the reality, there are few freedoms that I would wish to employ that would ever infringe on another.

The reality is "Imminent Domain" is an infringement on individual freedom and the use of force by the government. And I stated, this would be against my philosophy.

The reality is the freedoms YOU wish to employ infringe on others and you wish for government protection of those "freedoms".

And where did you get this from ???
Freedoms that I wish to employ ????
'

Because you continuously bring forward those things that are not "freedoms" but are an exercise of power.

Umm the freedom to travel in an auto is one of the most american of freedoms.
Just try taking it away from everyone.

K Damo you are no longer allowed to travel on public roadways....

Back