What happened to taxes?

Might be something to think about before we start running out of clean water.

I do not care how much money you have you die without water.
As I recall from biology you die without food as well, and coastal wetlands and estuaries are were most fish are hatched. They are also the locations of most major Cities. Obviously someone didn't think that through.

Most people would have a problem with that. But what if we just started issuing 1 billion dollar bills, and set a billion to one, and said that any one dollar bill before that time would be worth a billion dollars. There would be no difference.

I guess if you exchange all "old dollars" for a billion dollars each it may seem somewhat better, but I feel that may inflate the currency yet again.

Are you high?

Percentages , remember percentages. Yes the old money in there would be worth less, but the new money would grow faster because of more of it.

Davaluing everybodies savings is a big deal. OF course you could go with watermark's assinine plan of exchanging all the "old dollars" for a billion new ones, thus adding to the problem. Inflation matters guys, to people who can't make money because they want to, that is.

Davaluing everybodies savings is a big deal. OF course you could go with watermark's assinine plan of exchanging all the "old dollars" for a billion new ones, thus adding to the problem. Inflation matters guys, to people who can't make money because they want to, that is.

well we have devalued everyones savings by about 50% in the last year , so ?

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in
the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened? Can you spell 'politicians!'

And I still have to 'press
1'for English.

This is the part I take issue with. It makes it sound like 100 years ago was a better time. 100 years ago was 1908, children worked in mills, there were no safety regs for the work place, there was no overtime and there was no 40 hour work week. In just three short years from 1908 the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire would kill 146 garment workers because they would either burn to death or jump 9 stories to their death because all the emergency exits were locked to prevent theft or keep the women from taking breaks. IN 1908 Black citizens still could not vote in most southern states and black children went segregated schools. One hundred years ago the US was no place to brag about and I don't long for a return to those thrilling days of yesteryear.

Last edited:
This is the part I take issue with. It makes it sound like 100 years ago was a better time. 100 years ago was 1908, children worked in mills, there were no safety regs for the work place, there was no overtime and there was no 40 hour work week. In just three short years from 1908 the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire would kill 146 garment workers because they would either burn to death or jump 9 stories to their death because all the emergency exits were locked to prevent theft or keep the women from taking breaks. IN 1908 Black citizens still could not vote in most southern states and black children went segregated schools. One hundred years ago the US was no place to brag about and I don't long for a return to those thrilling days of yesteryear.

I would like to see "moms" opinion on how great things were as well ;)
Seems like I kept hearing from my mom how rough times were.
Well for the haves and wannabe have they were great years. The peasants did not dare revolt or go on strike . we now worry about sexual harrasment and smoking in the workplace, how trivial compared to workers conditions 100 years ago.
Does the term Robber Barrons ring a bell ?

Last edited:

For christ sake!

That's not my "plan"! Goddamn whiny libertarians!

Let's pretend we exist in a magical world where what is our current dollar was worth about a billion "dollars". Then a billion dollars wouldn't be that much!

Back