What is Hillarys goal?

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
Shes gong into massive debt
She cant win based on the current numbers
shes creating a huge divide in the dem party with race and sexism.
Shes weakening Obama
Shes strengthening the republicans.

Anybody want to guess as to what her purpous is at this point?

Im hoping that if Obama loses Mondale style this fall that the dems dont let her run again in 4 years because she was the sole one responsible for them not winning in 2008.

Shes gong into massive debt
She cant win based on the current numbers
shes creating a huge divide in the dem party with race and sexism.
Shes weakening Obama
Shes strengthening the republicans.

Anybody want to guess as to what her purpous is at this point?

Im hoping that if Obama loses Mondale style this fall that the dems dont let her run again in 4 years because she was the sole one responsible for them not winning in 2008.

I thought we went through this two months ago: she wants McCain to win so that she can run again in 2012. Otherwise, its ridiculous to let McCain go essentially uncontested this long.

I agree with both Lady T & Damo. I don't think she's given up on the White House. She thinks she can still win it. Expect to hear the word "popular vote" about a dozen times a day between now & the 1st week of June.

If that doesn't happen, she's setting herself up for 2012, and trying to undermine Obama's candidacy so he loses.

I agree with both Lady T & Damo. I don't think she's given up on the White House. She thinks she can still win it. Expect to hear the word "popular vote" about a dozen times a day between now & the 1st week of June.

If that doesn't happen, she's setting herself up for 2012, and trying to undermine Obama's candidacy so he loses.

You mean the popular vote she's currently loosing?

You mean the popular vote she's currently loosing?

Not on Planet Hillary. She's been winning the popular vote for weeks there.

On Planet Hillary, they count all of the votes that she got in MI, and don't give Obama any votes from that state. They count FL, too, but they're nice enough to give Obama some votes there, too.

Not if you count FL and MI she's not. If you pretend that they were fair votes you can even say she's winning the popular vote.

She’s going to drop out after Puerto Rico. She’s positioning herself for the VP slot, trying to force the party to force Obama to take her on. She wants to amass as much of the popular vote that she can.

And this has been a close race. What I have been wondering recently is, in such a close race, where for the first time in history a woman came this close, how do you tell women, no you can’t have the vp slot, you didn’t earn it?

Ditto

She’s going to drop out after Puerto Rico. She’s positioning herself for the VP slot, trying to force the party to force Obama to take her on. She wants to amass as much of the popular vote that she can.

And this has been a close race. What I have been wondering recently is, in such a close race, where for the first time in history a woman came this close, how do you tell women, no you can’t have the vp slot, you didn’t earn it?

If I was Michelle obama (who seems to actually still love her husband) I would be scared shitliss with the idea of someone with the political motivation as Hillary along with the clinton body counts.. as the VP.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/BODIES.html

I'm sure some of Hillary's supporters will look at it that way, but VP is usually a strategic choice, not an "earned" position. It doesn't always (or even generally) go to the primary runner-up.

That said, Obama has some things to consider. If Hillary is on the ticket, he wins easily. He probably wins anyway, but it's basically a guarantee if he picks her.

However, if he picks her, he's also picking him. That's a pretty big however...

You bring up the fact that she voted for the war and continued to be an apologist for her vote years later

You replay her comments about obliterating Iran

You replay her comments about offshoring jobs (she's seems complacent)

You replay her comments about hard working white people.

Her "joke" about Ghandi and the 7-11

You rehash her defense of Ferraro

You play clips of her newly acquired folksy accent

You highlight the fact that Lieberman supports her

You bring up the fact that she voted for the war and continued to be an apologist for her vote years later

You replay her comments about obliterating Iran

You replay her comments about offshoring jobs (she's seems complacent)

You replay her comments about hard working white people.

Her "joke" about Ghandi and the 7-11

You rehash her defense of Ferraro

You play clips of her newly acquired folksy accent

You highlight the fact that Lieberman supports her

But those people voted for her knowing all of this. I think that having the Clintons in the VP office would be a very bad situation, and I do think there would be two camps with the Clintons constantly trying to undermine the Obama administration.

But I don’t believe that what I think is important. The fact is, she got a lot of votes. You are going to have a tough sell reuniting this party while telling women who support her, too bad, you’re not getting that slot. It’s not your time yet. Still, it’s not your time yet.

Just sit down shut up and wait some more. We’ll call you.

I don’t know. I think this presents a problem.

This isn't about being a woman or black. Although there is the undeniable significance of it in historical terms, this election is about issues and the direction of the party.

Hillary should not get the VP slot because ...

a. She is fracturing the party for her own ambitions.

b. How is she now going to say that Obama is ready when she claims he isn't?

c. She represents the failures of the Democratic Party as represented by the DLC. If Harold Ford was in Hillary's position I would have the exact same sentiments irrespective of him being black. Ford represents the DLC.

d. Bill Clinton.

e. She would bring tremendous negatives to the ticket and disappoint those who've supported Obama based on his agenda of change.

f. I don't believe she wants the VP slot, she wants to be president at all costs.

But those people voted for her knowing all of this. I think that having the Clintons in the VP office would be a very bad situation, and I do think there would be two camps with the Clintons constantly trying to undermine the Obama administration.

But I don’t believe that what I think is important. The fact is, she got a lot of votes. You are going to have a tough sell reuniting this party while telling women who support her, too bad, you’re not getting that slot. It’s not your time yet. Still, it’s not your time yet.

A VPs choice should be soley up to the President and it should be someone who he feels comfortable with in the #2 spot. I think it will eventually do the party more harm to have her in the #2 spot long term, but I don't discount the backlash that you bring up. Its a valid point.

This isn't about being a woman or black. Although there is the undeniable significance of it in historical terms, this election is about issues and the direction of the party.

c. She represents the failures of the Democratic Party as represented by the DLC. If Harold Ford was in Hillary's position I would have the exact same sentiments irrespective of him being black. Ford represents the DLC.

d. Bill Clinton.

e. She would bring tremendous negatives to the ticket and disappoint those who've supported Obama based on his agenda of change.

f. I don't believe she wants the VP slot, she wants to be president at all costs.

f) A very good point indeed. I think she will try to undermine him every step of the way.

Send her back to NY.

d. Bill Clinton.

A lot of women think it is about being a woman though. Though I agree with you about her negatives here, there are a large number of women who don’t agree. And she got the votes. This was a close race.

I think you are going to see this being dealt with, one way or the other. I don't think it's going away. Just my opinion.

Roe v Wade is on the ballot as is a great many issues important to women. They should choose with their eyes open.

At what point do they recognize that the problem with Hillary is because she's Hillary, not because she's a woman.

Additionally, there is something quite bothersome to me about this whole thing. It's set-up, BY THE CLINTONS, to be a battle between women and blacks, which is real disturbing.

Women have benefitted from the struggles of civil rights and most especially Affirmative Action. AA has been more effective for white women than it has been for blacks .. yet black people don't complain about that as AA was designed to raise all boats. But the ire and angst about AA is almost exclusively directed at blacks.

I'm starting to have real problems with this.

A lot of women think it is about being a woman though. Though I agree with you about her negatives here, there are a large number of women who don’t agree. And she got the votes. This was a close race.

I think you are going to see this being dealt with, one way or the other. I don't think it's going away. Just my opinion.

A close race that she lost because she's not the best candidate, not because she's a woman. She was WAAAAYY ahead when the process started .. and you know who jumped ship ... a great number of women.

Back