What Is Your Favorite Political Quote?

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, will lose both and deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited:
Sir Edward Grey in 1914 seems to me always apposite under right-wing governments and American dominance: 'The lights are going out all over Europe, and we shall not see them lit again in our lifetime'.

My all-time favourite, though, is Sir Shortly-Floorcross talking to the tories about 1945: 'WE are the masters now!'

To me, consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies. So it is something in which no one believes and to which no one objects.

Margaret Thatcher

Ben Franklin's Quote!

1239625_542631509135480_2037642147_n.jpg

"WITH GREAT POWER THERE MUST ALSO COME - - GREAT RESPONSIBILITY!"~ Stan Lee (I see it as representing the gun topics today)

Like watching babies be gassed by their dictator

Or electing a president who voted to legalize pulling babies halfway out of the birth canal, stabbing them in the skull with a pair of scissors, and vacuuming their brains out.

My favorite quote would be Ronald Reagan on the Democrats' economic policy:

If it moves, tax it.
If it keeps moving, regulate it.
If it stops moving, subsidize it.

What is your favorite political quote? It doesn't have to be by a political figure just something that translates into politics.

"There's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation."

Those unforgettable words made famous by Pierre Trudeau in 1967, then Canadian Justice Minister. He went on to become Prime Minister the following year elected by a relaxed and de-stressed population. :)

"Those who would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither" (Franklin) *think Patriot Act, perpetual war*

Back