What Would Milton Friedman Say -

I live in California. I was here during the blackouts. The partial attempt at deregulation was from the mid-'90's.

How about an example of deregulation while Bush was President.

Actually it was mostly caused by the deregulations under the Bush administration.... and when Bush was Governor of Texas....

Read about Enron and go buy yourself a history book. Thanks.

CK

I don't know about Freidman he is dead, but I saw this coming better than most on here. Esp the freidman worshippers.
So if Freidman would have seen it coming all you guys did not learn Freidman very well.

Lie, I don't think there is another real big supporter of Friedman here besides myself and I've talked about this for the past 2 years. In fact one of my first posts on this site had to do with the housing crises and interest rates. I know Ron Paul is an Austrian but he has been talking about this for a decade.

You are bad at reading, it states it was caused by a speculative bubble which have happened since the beginning of time from the turnip bubble to the dotcom bubble, it says Freddie and Fannie made it worse, which it obviously has. Try a reading comprehension course..

OK, well, maybe Cawacko will tutor me.

Actually it was mostly caused by the deregulations under the Bush administration.... and when Bush was Governor of Texas....

Read about Enron and go buy yourself a history book. Thanks.

CK

So in other words so don't have one example of a large Bush deregulation during his Presidency.

And Kid if you really claim you are trying to go to B-school you might want to read up on Enron yourself to know what really happened so you don't embarass yourself in class.

I live in California. I was here during the blackouts. The partial attempt at deregulation was from the mid-'90's.

How about an example of deregulation while Bush was President.
The blackouts in California were the faults of the energy companies primarily Enron. Do a search on Enron and California Blackouts and look at the number of articles that come up about Enron manipulating the power grid.

The blackouts in California were the faults of the energy companies primarily Enron. Do a search on Enron and California Blackouts and look at the number of articles that come up about Enron manipulating the power grid.

And Enron benefited from all the deregulation rules of one George W Bush....

Did you know Enron was George W Bush's #1 contributor throughout his political career giving Bush the most money out of any company period....

CK

The partial deregulation that Enron manipulated where energy was purchased in the free market and sold at fixed retail prices was created during the mid '90's in our state. These laws were not put in place during the Bush presidency.

And Enron benefited from all the deregulation rules of one George W Bush....

Did you know Enron was George W Bush's #1 contributor throughout his political career giving Bush the most money out of any company period....

CK

So you still can't show one large Bush deregulation policy during his Presidency.

So you still can't show one large Bush deregulation policy during his Presidency.

Actually I already stated it dumbass....

And you just lie and deny, I cant make you acknowledge your own stupidty, only you can do that....

And the rolling blackouts in California as you said was not in the 1990s but in 2000 and 2001....

I'm sure a real Californian would know that....

CK

Actually I already stated it dumbass....

And you just lie and deny, I cant make you acknowledge your own stupidty, only you can do that....

And the rolling blackouts in California as you said was not in the 1990s but in 2000 and 2001....

I'm sure a real Californian would know that....

CK

I'll answer one last time. The rolling blackouts in California during 2001 (Bush was not President in 2000) were a result of policy put in place in California during the mid '90's. It was state policy to boot, not federal policy. It was not policy put in place by Bush while President.

Please give an example of a large deregulation policy put in place by the Bush administration.

I'll answer one last time. The rolling blackouts in California during 2001 (Bush was not President in 2000) were a result of policy put in place in California during the mid '90's. It was state policy to boot, not federal policy. It was not policy put in place by Bush while President.

Please give an example of a large deregulation policy put in place by the Bush administration.

Like I said only you cawacko can acknowledge your own stupidty, I just point out the way....

If you dont like my answer theres not much I can do about it! All it does is serve to prove my point was right...

CK

I think CKs take on the credit crises having to do with the energy blackouts in California may be the worst take in the history of poitical discussion.

Like I said only you cawacko can acknowledge your own stupidty, I just point out the way....

If you dont like my answer theres not much I can do about it! All it does is serve to prove my point was right...

CK

I know you are trolling but I'll play along. What policy did the Bush administration put in place in 2001 that caused blackouts in California in 2000?

Umm go thru his executive orders.
the Bush deregulation took many forms in the areas of ecological and environmental deregulation.

The housing/credit crises was not caused by deregulation, that is just Democrat stump speech. It was caused by a distortion of risk allowed because of artificially low interest rates and GSE's. The distortion of risk made what would have been a typical bubble followed by a average recession into the worst crises since that late 70's....

The housing/credit crises was not caused by deregulation, that is just Democrat stump speech. It was caused by a distortion of risk allowed because of artificially low interest rates and GSE's. The distortion of risk made what would have been a typical bubble followed by a average recession into the worst crises since that late 70's....

Republican lie.

Monetarists and Austrians took the cops off the beat on wall street, and the criminals ran wild. That's why we're here today.

Back