what you can buy on Ebay: an election?

what do you think someone can do with this machines?

do you even care about our elections?
What do YOU think can be done with this machine?

It is an optical scanner that processes paper ballots. Can't do much with that since the paper ballots can also be read by hand. Especially when it is unlikely those types of ballots are being used any more.

Probably someone bought it as part of a bundle at a government surplus auction. Now they are reselling items from the auction hoping to make a profit. Optical scanners can be reprogrammed to read something other than ballots.

accurately processes paper ballots and transmits results
integrates vote tabulation and recording process into one unit
easy to use, allows voters to review final decision on paper before inserting vote
protected by passwords, security levels, and physical locks
has an internal battery and memory card slot
provides a distinct audit trail to confirm election results
Package Contents: Accuvote Unit OSX, power cord, 2 keys

So you think memory cards and keys to these should just be available to anyone with money huh?

LOL...............

What do YOU think can be done with this machine?

It is an optical scanner that processes paper ballots. Can't do much with that since the paper ballots can also be read by hand. Especially when it is unlikely those types of ballots are being used any more.

Probably someone bought it as part of a bundle at a government surplus auction. Now they are reselling items from the auction hoping to make a profit. Optical scanners can be reprogrammed to read something other than ballots.

yup...desh the ultimate conspiracy freak is looking for UFO's again...in all the wrong places!

so anybody with money being able to own the keys and memory cards to you is also a great idea?

How little you people care about elections and their validity.

Desh................!

so anybody with money being able to own the keys and memory cards to you is also a great idea?

Just a little unsolicited advice...take the kids to Disneyland...you are off the page!;)

accurately processes paper ballots and transmits results
integrates vote tabulation and recording process into one unit
easy to use, allows voters to review final decision on paper before inserting vote
protected by passwords, security levels, and physical locks
has an internal battery and memory card slot
provides a distinct audit trail to confirm election results
Package Contents: Accuvote Unit OSX, power cord, 2 keys

So you think memory cards and keys to these should just be available to anyone with money huh?
Are you implying that one set of keys fits all voting machines? What the hell have keys for if that is the case? Also, did you notice they are password protected?

Memory cards simply hold the reading programs for the ballot. They have to be programmable since ballots differ between areas and elections. But gotta have a key - that fits - AND you have to have the password to enter the program into a machine. I doubt any polling place is going to give you their password because you own an optical reader like theirs.

At this rate, next time I buy a baseball and a bat, it's only a matter of time before little desh starts yelling that I'll use it to influence the World Series. :cry:

Last edited:
yeah hell its just our democracy at stake huh?
Aren't you being just a tiny bit alarmist?

First, the machine for sale has obviously been obsoleted. I doubt many polling places would still use them if they're for sale on eBay.

Also, the system for sale is not only secured at multiple levels, but also LEAVES A PAPER TRAIL. That means any of those systems still in use are still secure, (different locks, different passwords) and also have a paper trail to prevent fraud or error.

Premier Election Systems.. Accuvote OSx Optical Scan Voting Machine

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::BRAND NEW in original box:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Description: Accuvote OSx is the most up to date and secure voting machine available from Premier Election Solutions (formerly Diebold Election Solutions).

Why do you refuse to actually LOOK at the ad?

Gee, my baseball bat is the latest thing, state-of-the-art too.

When will the Major League Umpire's Union show up on my doorstep to take it away? I mean, the World Series will occur even earlier than the election!!! :eek2:

Your concern for the safety and security of the source of our very democracy is underwhelming.

I cant believe how little you love your country.

ROFLMAO...

Do you think for one second that all the machines use the same keys?

Shouldn't this thread be under Conspiracy Theories?

Yes, in the "Sky Is Falling" section. :lolup:

Somebody has a voting machine, so the "safety and security of the source of our very democracy" is threatened.

Gotta wonder how people like that get through the day, with everyone else quietly snickering at them..... :foil:

Back