What's this I hear?

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
There is a Candidate who professes that they will be an "Instrument of God's Will" but they aren't being attacked by the Secular Humanists? Who could it be?

If we ignore him, the Irreligious Left won't feel threatened by impending morality...
I figure if he's telling people to elect him so he can be an "Instrument of God's Will" we need to tap that expertise. I want to know what God's Will is on how high my fence should be...

I figure if he's telling people to elect him so he can be an "Instrument of God's Will" we need to tap that expertise. I want to know what God's Will is on how high my fence should be...

God's will. What a bunch of hocus pocus.

I read all the way down to see if you were just being sarcastic or stupid. You didn't make it clear enough. The difference in him asking that people pray for him so that he can be an instrument of God's Will and what republicans do is Republicans really believe they are the party of god in this country. By your logic Brother Francis of Assisi is also arrogant in believing he can know what Peace means to god when he prayed:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

I read all the way down to see if you were just being sarcastic or stupid. You didn't make it clear enough. The difference in him asking that people pray for him so that he can be an instrument of God's Will and what republicans do is Republicans really believe they are the party of god in this country. By your logic Brother Francis of Assisi is also arrogant in believing he can know what Peace means to god when he prayed:

to be loved as to love.

You can unwrap your lips off Obama's cornhole now.

to be loved as to love.
LOL. You take a perfectly fun thread and turn it into this?

Please. If I were running for prez and went to Falwell's church and asked them to "Pray for me that I can become an instrument of God's Will in America." What would the reaction be?

Same sentence, different place.... The only difference it makes is your own ideology.

The difference is he is not backing issues which put religion in control of the secular government.

If he was backing anti abortion and anti gay rights then we would need to worry.

Believing in god is not wrong but it is wrong to think believing in god means you get to rule over those who believe differently than you.

The difference is he is not backing issues which put religion in control of the secular government.

If he was backing anti abortion and anti gay rights then we would need to worry.

Believing in god is not wrong but it is wrong to think believing in god means you get to rule over those who believe differently than you.
Like I said. It is ideology that has you up in arms... Same sentence, different place, different reaction.

Back