What's this I hear?

Like I said. It is ideology that has you up in arms... Same sentence, different place, different reaction.
You are absolutely right, context and ideology means everything. Dems don't try to force a religious view down the throats of the american people by legislating the through the bible. When Republicans talk about outlawing same sex marriage they quote Romans they talk about the bible. When Dems try pass legislation protecting same sex marriage or unions, and there are not many of those, they talk about basic fairness and equality in a secular sense. Writing Christianity into legislation is no different than Wahabist writing the Koran into legislation. The subject matter and the tone may be different but it is still an attempt at creating a more theocratic society. So you are right when a democrat asks people to pray for them that way I know he or she is asking for some form of spiritual support to get him to the goal he seeks. When a Republican asks the same thing, you can bet that Quasi Religious Legislation will be following soon enough. Religion is a great thing for those that feel drawn to it, but it is a private thing or something to be celebrated in the church. Not forced on to all of us regardless of our beliefs.

You are absolutely right, context and ideology means everything. Dems don't try to force a religious view down the throats of the american people by legislating the through the bible. When Republicans talk about outlawing same sex marriage they quote Romans they talk about the bible. When Dems try pass legislation protecting same sex marriage or unions, and there are not many of those, they talk about basic fairness and equality in a secular sense. Writing Christianity into legislation is no different than Wahabist writing the Koran into legislation. The subject matter and the tone may be different but it is still an attempt at creating a more theocratic society. So you are right when a democrat asks people to pray for them that way I know he or she is asking for some form of spiritual support to get him to the goal he seeks. When a Republican asks the same thing, you can bet that Quasi Religious Legislation will be following soon enough. Religion is a great thing for those that feel drawn to it, but it is a private thing or something to be celebrated in the church. Not forced on to all of us regardless of our beliefs.
Except some do. But it doesn't matter to you because they are "right" or try to force only "your version" of ideology.

Again, your explanation is weak. News stories, etc about the "religious left" don't touch your radar, even though they propound ideology based on what they think is "right" based on the same book that those on the right do.

I, personally, have a problem with both. You, however, pretend that it's all good when it comes from the left.

He introduced religion into the fray. Why isn't the press asking him all those "important" questions that they constantly ask the Republican. Instead of policy it's idiotic crap like, "Do you think Evolution is real?"

When I see the religious left doing the same thing I will denounce just the same. But I don't see it. What religious left candidates are attempting to force legislation on us based on left wing religious theology. I don't know of any liberation theologians running for office in the US but if they do I will be on them just the same.

When I see the religious left doing the same thing I will denounce just the same. But I don't see it. What religious left candidates are attempting to force legislation on us based on left wing religious theology. I don't know of any liberation theologians running for office in the US but if they do I will be on them just the same.
That's all good. They preach to me how "Jesus is a liberal" and waste my time telling me what he would do, and they tell me how I should do the same.

That sounds like it to me.

Methinks you aren't looking. As I said, same sentence exactly in a different place.... The only difference is the ideology. Again, it isn't the fact that they want to use religion to get elected and to run policy... It's that the policy they think is coming from the religion matches yours.

It seems that I've found the reason that some on the right are willing to put up with the religious right...

I'd like to ask him what God's will is on trimming the hooves of goats. Since I can't eat them as they are "cloven hoof" animals.... Can I still trim their hooves or should I hire somebody to do that for me?

I'd like to ask him what God's will is on trimming the hooves of goats. Since I can't eat them as they are "cloven hoof" animals.... Can I still trim their hooves or should I hire somebody to do that for me?
You might as well ask what Mother Goose's take is on Old Women that live in Shoes cause they are, for me, the same thing.

Back