When is applying for a promotion too soon?

CanadianKid

I just got moved up one level last week....

Apparently there are 2 openings for the next level above me that nobody is applyin for.....

Should I apply for them?

CK

It depends on what you do, how long you've been with the organization, and whether you're qualified for the job.

You already DON'T have that position, so if the answer is no, then it has cost you nothing. Go for it.

If you want your current boss to annally rape you till you take a lateral transfer with no promotion then yes go for it.

This was a worthless thread from the time it was born as a tiny, sickly thought out of CK's pathetic mind.

At least I can spell opinon.

Seriously CK is one poster who I will never stop ragging on.

BB was the other one, but I seem to have driven him off.

I just got moved up one level last week....

Apparently there are 2 openings for the next level above me that nobody is applyin for.....

Should I apply for them?

CK
If nobody is applying I would. If anything it will tell them that you are interested in still more growth.

In some big companies after getting a raise in less that a year a boss might be very pissed and think CK is not as mature as they thought he was in giving him the first one. Of course we all know this to be true.

In some big companies after getting a raise in less that a year a boss might be very pissed and think CK is not as mature as they thought he was in giving him the first one. Of course we all know this to be true.
Not if he consults them first and points out that nobody else appears to have an interest.

I agree and I would do it.
But I've seen more supervisor's/managers that would hold it against him than wouldn't.

Back