"When life or death is a matter of seconds, the police are only minutes away."

Little-Acorn

"When life or death is a matter of seconds, the police are only minutes away."

Sure, people don't need weapons for self-defense in their homes. The police can protect us just fine.

Right?

-------------------------------------

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CA_911_KILLING_CAOL-?SITE=CAANR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Woman shot to death while on phone with 911 dispatcher

WEST COVINA, Calif. (AP) -- A woman was asking a 911 dispatcher for help when her pleas were interrupted by gunshots, then silence.

The woman told the dispatcher someone was trying to break into her home, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Dan Rosenberg said. "Deputies heard gunshots followed by silence and an open phone line," he said.

Deputies arrived at the Cameron Avenue mansion, 20 miles east of Los Angeles, a few minutes after Wednesday's 11:40 a.m. call.

The woman, a female Asian adult, had been shot several times. Paramedics announced her dead at the scene.

While police were investigating the shooting, a man arrived at the home asking about his wife.

When he heard that the woman had been shot and killed, he collapsed and started to cry, saying "No! She just called me. You lie."

The man was placed in a patrol car and taken to a local sheriff's station, West Covina police said.

No arrests had been made, deputies said Thursday morning.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

This woman would be a live today if she would've only had a 45 caliber gun locked away in another room with the bullets seperated from the gun as is the only appropriate and responsible way to store a weapon.

This woman would be a live today if she would've only had a 45 caliber gun locked away in another room with the bullets seperated from the gun as is the only appropriate and responsible way to store a weapon.

Showing that degree of ignorance and indifference, does not help your position.

Naturally, people with their guns pointed at you will wait for you to wake up, reassemble your gun, and point it at them, because people with guns have an intrinsic sense of fairness.

you forgot the trigger lock and stored in a locked safe. you fail.

My point was, in a situation like this, even if she had owned a gun (who's to say she didn't?), it probably wouldn't have made a difference..

Little-penis, honestly, do you think about anything other than gun rights? Does this keep you up at night?

Honestly, I love freedom of speech. But since it's in about as much danger as gun rights, I don't stay up at night. You are nothing but a fucking radical-irrational fearmonger. You're not going to die because of a criminal. You are literally thousands of times more likely to die because of your obesity.

Happiness is a warm gun! It's kind of ironic that that song was made by a man who died from an easily purchased handgun.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itfms556DgE"]YouTube - Beatles - Happiness Is A Warm Gun[/ame]

Last edited:
Looks like no one has anything rational to say about the anti-gun hysteria that contributes to deaths like the murder of this woman. Understandable, considering the sources.

If she had had a handgun in her purse when she heard someone breaking in (if that's what happened, clearly she had time to get to the phone, dial, and talk), the chances are much better that the perp would have turned tail and run when he saw it. He didn't appear to be too terrorized by the phone in her hand instead. Many crimes are stopped by the victim merely showing his gun, or even simply mentioning that he has one. Firing it is almost never necessary.

Or better yet, if laws freely permitted law-abiding people to own and carry like the 2nd amendment says, and various hysterics didn't spend so much time trying to teach people to be terrified of guns, then everyone would know that gun possession by the law-abiding is both (a) good and (b) common, and people wouldn't mind getting them and training to use them properly without feeling like criminals themselves. And the guy considering breaking into someone's home might think twice about doing so, knowing it was likely that someone inside may well own a gun and be ready to use it when necessary. He might even consider a different line of work, and that many crimes will suddenly not happen in the first place.

But the anti-gun hysterics are much too heavily invested in making people fear guns, to permit such a common-sense approach. Who can blame them? The truth certainly isn't on their side, so they must rely on fear and hysteria instead.

Last edited:
Looks like no one has anything rational to say about the anti-gun hysteria that contributes to deaths like the murder of this woman. Understandable, considering the sources.

If she had had a handgun in her purse when she heard someone breaking in (if that's what happened, clearly she had time to get to the phone, dial, and talk), the chances are much better that the perp would have turned tail and run when he saw it. He didn't appear to be too terrorized by the phone in her hand instead. Many crimes are stopped by the victim merely showing his gun, or even simply mentioning that he has one. Firing it is almost never necessary.

Or better yet, if laws freely permitted law-abiding people to own and carry like the 2nd amendment says, and various hysterics didn't spend so much time trying to teach people to be terrified of guns, then everyone would know that gun possession by the law-abiding is both (a) good and (b) common, and people wouldn't mind getting them and training to use them properly without feeling like criminals themselves. And the guy considering breaking into someone's home might think twice about doing so, knowing it was likely that someone inside may well own a gun and be ready to use it when necessary. He might even consider a different line of work, and that many crimes will suddenly not happen in the first place.

But the anti-gun hysterics are much too heavily invested in making people fear guns, to permit such a common-sense approach. Who can blame them? The truth certainly isn't on their side, so they must rely on fear and hysteria instead.

Everything that you said would happen should be happening right now, being that almost everyone in my state owns a gun, including myself, and there really isn't much gun control in the US. You are creating a mountain out of a molehill. There is not much anti-gun sentiment in the US. The only place handguns are even banned is DC (maybe Chicago too, I dunno) and that's probably going to be struck down within a few weeks (the second ammendment clearly applies to individuals).

Guns aren't bad but they aren't a cure all either.

As I've pointed out elsewhere, the fact that the murder weapon was a gun may have been overlooked.

Those exploding noises you can hear aren't bullets, they're petards.

btw has the husband been charged with her murder yet?

There's no reason she couldn't have owned a gun. It's not like the government or liberals stopped her from having a gun in her purse.

only pussies like you would store a gun this way.

I keep my rifle with bullets next to it. And she was probably calling on a cell phone. It's not like you have to go running to find your cell phone.

This entire thread is fucking stupid.

I keep my rifle with bullets next to it. And she was probably calling on a cell phone. It's not like you have to go running to find your cell phone.

This entire thread is fucking stupid.

IB1, you are the dumbest person here. With Little-Acorn, that's quite a title. And you wonder why everyone ignores you. Now go run off, golden child.

Back