when McCain drops out

It’s an interesting theory, but it won’t happen because there is nothing, nothing, nothing, John McCain wants more than to be President. He will do anything to become President.
Unless, he actually does keel over and is forced from the race, and I’ll point out that I do not consider this to be a remote possibility. I do agree with the author; McCain is not in good condition, not at all. That’s something the media will not touch, so he would have to actually keel. And he may.

I agree Darla , he has sold his soul to get a chance at the brass ring and will never step away.

Condoleezza Rice (Secretary of State)
Colin Powell (fmr Sec. of State)
Marilyn Musgrave (Colorado Congresswoman)
Mitt Romney (fmr Massachusetts Governor)
Mike Huckabee (fmr Governor of Arkansas)
Charlie Crist (Florida Governor)
Tim Pawlenty (Minnesota Governor)
Bobby Jindal (Louisiana Governor)
Mark Sanford: (Governor of South Carolina)
John Thune (Senator from South Dakota)
Dick Lugar (Senator from Indiana)
Chuck Hagel (Senator from Nebraska)
MIchael Bloomberg (NYC Mayor)

Their list of possibilities...

Bloomberg will not be any selection. He didn't even get enough traction for his trial balloon to convince him to try for longer than a week.

Of this list I'd vote for Colin Powell with relish. I'd love for him to be the nominee. I wish he had run against Bush, he would have won and I think that we would never have gone anywhere near Iraq...

I wouldn't vote for Condi, she's just somebody who would continue Bush's admin in a different form, IMO.

Musgrave would be a mistake. She has heavy negatives, we get to see the ads. Her opponent was just worse than her last time.

Huckabee, not even close to conservative where it matters.

Crist, it would be interesting if the left would go after his supposed closet homosexuality.

Pawlenty, Minnesota... really? I can't see enough excitement. This person would have to be famous and popular RIGHT NOW...

Jindal, same as Pawlenty. Too many don't know him.

When McCain drops out or when McCain drops dead?

Dropping dead is the only way he gets out .. but the man is obviously not well.

Their list of possibilities...

Bloomberg will not be any selection. He didn't even get enough traction for his trial balloon to convince him to try for longer than a week.

Of this list I'd vote for Colin Powell with relish. I'd love for him to be the nominee. I wish he had run against Bush, he would have won and I think that we would never have gone anywhere near Iraq...

I wouldn't vote for Condi, she's just somebody who would continue Bush's admin in a different form, IMO.

Musgrave would be a mistake. She has heavy negatives, we get to see the ads. Her opponent was just worse than her last time.

Huckabee, not even close to conservative where it matters.

Crist, it would be interesting if the left would go after his supposed closet homosexuality.

Pawlenty, Minnesota... really? I can't see enough excitement. This person would have to be famous and popular RIGHT NOW...

Jindal, same as Pawlenty. Too many don't know him.

Powell is just as likely to run as a Democrat.

When McCain drops out or when McCain drops dead?

Dropping dead is the only way he gets out .. but the man is obviously not well.

Right, he is obviously not well. And yet, it seems to have escaped the attention of our crack media. I don’t think he’d have to actually drop dead, if he passed out, and it resulted in the release of real medical info on this guy, I think that’d do it. Because he isn’t well. But…who knows, with these people anything is possible. Maybe he’d still refuse to leave the race.

Dont you remember he released his medical records, hes fine...

Two or three of his best friends got to look at the last three years for 27.5 seconds. No copies or photos. ..

Right, he is obviously not well. And yet, it seems to have escaped the attention of our crack media. I don’t think he’d have to actually drop dead, if he passed out, and it resulted in the release of real medical info on this guy, I think that’d do it. Because he isn’t well. But…who knows, with these people anything is possible. Maybe he’d still refuse to leave the race.

He's shrouded in the glow of being a hero.

Not only won't the media challenge that, the left won't either. McCain is actually a more mentally challenged candidate than George W Bush was or still is .. and he's more dangerous.

Bush was just a puppet. He didn't decide shit.

McCain will want to play general .. or Admiral .. and he doesn't have the mental capacity to be general.

He's shrouded in the glow of being a hero.

Not only won't the media challenge that, the left won't either. McCain is actually a more mentally challenged candidate than George W Bush was or still is .. and he's more dangerous.

Bush was just a puppet. He didn't decide shit.

McCain will want to play general .. or Admiral .. and he doesn't have the mental capacity to be general.

You know, I totally agree with you. That might shock you, and others, but I’ve really come to the point where I fear McCain. I think he’s out and out insane. Yes, worse than Bush. I really do. I’m afraid of him.

He's addled in the way that Reagan was, and we survived his tenure. Still, he'll be far better than Bush, imo. Bush is a terrible combination of stupidity, arrogance & gullibility; he was easily manipulated by the wrong people, but took their ideas as his own & became crazily stubborn about them. He also had a level of incompetence & detachment from reality which I don't think McCain shares, at least to that degree.

As much of a cheerleader as McCain has been for Iraq, I don't think he starts that war if he's President in 2003.

You know, I totally agree with you. That might shock you, and others, but I’ve really come to the point where I fear McCain. I think he’s out and out insane. Yes, worse than Bush. I really do. I’m afraid of him.

Totally agree.

He's addled in the way that Reagan was, and we survived his tenure. Still, he'll be far better than Bush, imo. Bush is a terrible combination of stupidity, arrogance & gullibility; he was easily manipulated by the wrong people, but took their ideas as his own & became crazily stubborn about them. He also had a level of incompetence & detachment from reality which I don't think McCain shares, at least to that degree.

As much of a cheerleader as McCain has been for Iraq, I don't think he starts that war if he's President in 2003.

I totally think McCain wants to attack Iran. In fact, I think he's more of a true NeoCon than Bush ever was. Bush was just a tool; a puppet, that was manipulated by the NeoCons.

McCain is the real deal.

I totally think McCain wants to attack Iran. In fact, I think he's more of a true NeoCon than Bush ever was. Bush was just a tool; a puppet, that was manipulated by the NeoCons.

McCain is the real deal.

I don't know why I think the way I do; I really don't have anything to go on. I just think Bush was as reckless & stupid as a leader could be, not just with Iraq. I think if nothing else, McCain would be more cautious, and more deliberate about at least building coalition & consensus.

But I could be way off; he could bomb, bomb Iran in his 1st week. Who knows.

I don't know why I think the way I do; I really don't have anything to go on. I just think Bush was as reckless & stupid as a leader could be, not just with Iraq. I think if nothing else, McCain would be more cautious, and more deliberate about at least building coalition & consensus.

But I could be way off; he could bomb, bomb Iran in his 1st week. Who knows.

I'm basing my opinion on what he actually says.

There's gonna be more wars, 100 years in Iraq, bomb, bomb Iran.

I agree that I don't believe he would have started a war in Iraq.

That’s what I used to think. The more I check into this guy’s history, the more creeped out I get.

Back