Which Republican would you........?

signalmankenneth

Verified User
Cheney_Limbaugh_Powell.jpg

Rush Limbaugh
Limbaugh (born January 12, 1951 in Cape Girardeau, Missouri) gets a lot of criticism for being conveniently excused from service for a pilonidal cyst -- a simple-to-treat condition that affects millions of people, including over 80,000 soldiers during World War II. What critics fail to take into account is the location of the cyst (near the asshole) combined with Limbaugh's conspicuously passionate homophobia. A man's asshole is his kingdom, and if he wants to be technically disabled by it rather than let some liberal doctor poke around in there, that's his right.

Peter Joseph McCoy
New Year's baby McCoy (January 1, 1951), of Berkeley, Missouri was a Private First Class in the Marines when he was killed on May 23, 1970 in South Vietnam.

Dick Cheney
Born January 30, 1941 in Lincoln, Nebraska. No heart for war, really, at least not on the battlefield. Five college deferments, had other priorities?!

Cameron Trent McAllister
Born on the same day (January 30, 1941) in Omaha, Nebraska, Staff Sergeant McAllister was killed September 7, 1969 in South Vietnam.

The Navy's job is to transport real men who can fight, and they do damn good at it.
Please. The Navy's job is to fly more missions, save more marines and army personnel than any service, to be on the scene before anybody else, and to do all of that without the benefit of being able to hide in the trees wearing makeup. That we take along Marines in the process is secondary to pulling their rocks out of the fire. The Marines job... to protect empty rooms on ships while they are waiting for us to get around to going where they wanted to go.

Please. The Navy's job is to fly more missions, save more marines and army personnel than any service, to be on the scene before anybody else, and to do all of that without the benefit of being able to hide in the trees wearing makeup. That we take along Marines in the process is secondary to pulling their rocks out of the fire. The Marines job... to protect empty rooms on ships while they are waiting for us to get around to going where they wanted to go.
Ha! sitting around in an amoured bathtub far from the battle, occasionally firing a 16" shell at a target 12 miles away. The marine who's right there sighting in target though- now there's a real man.

The navys job has ALWAYS been to either blast to bits any shelters that the enemy is in before the marines come in to shoot them all, or fly in AFTER the marines have killed everyone to blow up all the remaining shelters. They are very good at destroying buildings with their bombs and artillery.

The navys job has ALWAYS been to either blast to bits any shelters that the enemy is in before the marines come in to shoot them all, or fly in AFTER the marines have killed everyone to blow up all the remaining shelters. They are very good at destroying buildings with their bombs and artillery.
And to provide cover fire for the meat targets we deliver to the beach.

Shouldn't Three be in here insisting those white uniformed, aviator shades wearing, Tom Cruise-a-likes from the air force are the real unsung heroes of the armed forces?

To be fair to them they've killed more Brits than the rest of you combined.

The marines rely on the navy for transport, support, blasting the area before they go in, sending corpsmen in when they go in, and pulling them out when they need it.

And the Navy can nail a target from long range, or even from below the surface of the ocean. The mobile platform with the greatest destructive capability is an FBM submarine. The navy puts more planes in the air than the air force, and lands many of them on a ship bobbing on the ocean.

And if you want to talk about "real men" in the thick of the action, the Navy SEAL has no equal.

The Navy is pretty good for those who aren't good enough to get into the Coast Guard.

I managed a DOD contract for 5 years. In terms of the caliber of people, across the board in the whole oganization, the Coast Gaurd and the Air Force leave the other branches of the armed services in their dust. The enlisted men in the Coast Gaurd were the brightest and most able I delt with and the Airmen were ussually pretty sharp too.

A lot of the Marines I met could be pretty dumb to a point but could hit a running cockroach at a 100 yards and couldn't be rattled by a direct hit from a class 5 tornado and I'm telling ya that's who I want in a foxhole with me!!!

Trust them to properly store ammo in a depot? Not on your life. Guard your back? You bet your life!!

The Navy is pretty good for those who aren't good enough to get into the Coast Guard.

I managed a DOD contract for 5 years. In terms of the caliber of people, across the board in the whole oganization, the Coast Gaurd and the Air Force leave the other branches of the armed services in their dust. The enlisted men in the Coast Gaurd were the brightest and most able I delt with and the Airmen were ussually pretty sharp too.

A lot of the Marines I met could be pretty dumb to a point but could hit a running cockroach at a 100 yards and couldn't be rattled by a direct hit from a class 5 tornado and I'm telling ya that's who I want in a foxhole with me!!!

Trust them to properly store ammo in a depot? Not on your life. Guard your back? You bet your life!!
I served in Purple Coat assignments my entire time in the Navy. I was never assigned to a Navy Base. I saw all the services, all the time.

IMO, if you want people who are the best at the jobs they have been trained for you go Navy. The Marines spend a lot of time training to be Marines and the job they are assigned seems secondary. The Air Force has some smart guys who are good, but they act more like civilians than any other force other than the Coast Guard guys I met, and the Air Force tends to promote past the competence level, much like a Corporation. The Army seemed to be full of people who were taught to respond to something other than thought (thankfully not all of them, but all too often... there is no equivalent to the level this was at in the Navy as compared to the infantry in the Army.)

And if people think that "military" means all stiff and unchanging they are quite mistaken.

While I was biased because I was in the Navy, each time I moved to another base, each place I taught another class, every time I did a stint aboard a ship, I was again shown to be correct in my bias.

While there are guys in the Navy that aren't the brightest bulbs, they are masters at the job they are trained to perform. You can trust the boatswain's mate to do his job, the Crypto tech to be the professional he should be, the helmsman to steer you true, and if they are promoted past their competence level you can trust they will not be aboard ship for long.

Back