while we are fighting in a burning house

di

maybe i should have said that drought is here and severe drought is coming

however, i should include the fact that floods are here too

Too right! Have you looked at the NOAA weather map over the past several weeks? And here in W.Tx we haven't had any precipitation of note for months.

I read in the Sept. 2001 issue of Nat. Geographic (just before 9-11 wiped everything else out of our minds) that the mouth of the Rio Grande had dried up the previous year. A lot of that is due to agriculture, but some is also diversion to drier areas. The Brazos "runs" through somewhere south of here but I've never seen any water, just a dry river bed. Then some rich dude who graduated from the business school at the university made a huge donation on the condition that it be used to construct a golf course of all things; good idea! It only requires that 80 new wells be dug every 5 years to sustain the thing. :mad:

Too right! Have you looked at the NOAA weather map over the past several weeks? And here in W.Tx we haven't had any precipitation of note for months.

I read in the Sept. 2001 issue of Nat. Geographic (just before 9-11 wiped everything else out of our minds) that the mouth of the Rio Grande had dried up the previous year. A lot of that is due to agriculture, but some is also diversion to drier areas. The Brazos "runs" through somewhere south of here but I've never seen any water, just a dry river bed. Then some rich dude who graduated from the business school at the university made a huge donation on the condition that it be used to construct a golf course of all things; good idea! It only requires that 80 new wells be dug every 5 years to sustain the thing. :mad:
Well, give us some warning when Ted's predictions become true and y'all start going to church to shop the pews for some fresh groceries....

Well, give us some warning when Ted's predictions become true and y'all start going to church to shop the pews for some fresh groceries....

I'm confused. Guess your references are clear to those who recognize them but I'm totally mushroomed. :dunno:

I'm confused. Guess your references are clear to those who recognize them but I'm totally mushroomed. :dunno:
Ted was all taking about how we will all be cannibals when the global warming comes...

I figure that's the first place I'd shop for groceries.

Gonna get me a BFG and a lot of ammo. I look too damn tasty to a cannibal to take chances.

i already have various arms and ammunition along with some ordinary household chemicals that can discourage rude people that might want to take what my family has...:pke:

Back