White Christians become a minority as religious diversity grows

Obviously I would feel out of place at a Hindu festival, or a ceremonial practice of Kalahari desert tribes.

But that's okay and it doesn't change the fact that ritual is a part of a normal healthy human life.
If it includes food and drink, I’m in!

True. Why do you become so upset when I point out your racism and antisemitism, Suicideboy?

6rbvf0.gif

because pointing out racism is not racism.

Thanks, but I'd like to see more data on that one. :)

IMO, it's an artificial construct and simply social indoctrination. Examples: hazing rituals, boot camp and elementary school.
College hazing practices are abusive, and in many cases violate standards of conduct universities expect students to follow.

There are obviously many rituals that are widely considered barbaric, from foot binding to female genital mutilation.

It still doesn't change the fact that a normal healthy human life is filled with ritual that is either benign or even pleasant.

* As reported 5 years ago

As recently as 1976, more than eight in 10 Americans were white and Christian, and a majority of the country consisted of white Protestants. *Today, only 43 percent of Americans are white and Christian, and just 30 percent are white Protestants.

Muslim, Hindu and Buddhist Americans are on average far younger than their Christian counterparts. And the millennial generation is much more likely to identify as unaffiliated with any religious group than any previous generation: More than one third of those between the ages of 18 and 29 say they do not belong to a specific religion.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobb...come-a-minority-as-religious-diversity-grows/

Shhh! Dude! Don't tell them until we're done replacing all the voters with Jews and other minorities! You're going to give away our plan :)

College hazing practices are abusive, and in many cases violate standards of conduct universities expect students to follow.

There are obviously many rituals that are widely considered barbaric, from foot binding to female genital mutilation.

It still doesn't change the fact that a normal healthy human life is filled with ritual that is either benign or even pleasant.

Excommunication isn't wrong? It's as exclusionary as CRT proposes American society to be.

Agreed. Social indoctrination is an artificial construct which grows within a society. Consider the US culture of guns and why the US, among all the civilized nations, is also the most pro-individual and self-defense. Social standards evolve within societies just as surely as lifeforms evolve genetically over time.

Agreed most humans experience rituals; it's an act of binding be it a gang indoctrination, boot camp or a wedding. This is different than the statement that its a normal part of human development. It's like telling the CRT advocates: "STFU, that's the way it is. It's normal."

As a behaviorist, I see the need, but I disagree on the premise that it's natural and/or normal.

Could you please explain what a Liberal Elitist is.
Sure. I'm very good with Google, so ask me anything. :)

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/liberal-elite
a group of people with education, money, and other advantages, often living in cities, who have liberal political views and are seen as not understanding the problems and views of ordinary people:
Many Americans felt the Democratic Party was governed by out-of-touch liberal elites who looked down on red-state America as backward and reactionary.

Hello guno,

As recently as 1976, more than eight in 10 Americans were white and Christian, and a majority of the country consisted of white Protestants. *Today, only 43 percent of Americans are white and Christian, and just 30 percent are white Protestants.

Muslim, Hindu and Buddhist Americans are on average far younger than their Christian counterparts. And the millennial generation is much more likely to identify as unaffiliated with any religious group than any previous generation: More than one third of those between the ages of 18 and 29 say they do not belong to a specific religion.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobb...come-a-minority-as-religious-diversity-grows/

It's way lower than they think.

Most of the people who pretend to be Christians are fake. They only recognize some of the Bible and they certainly don't act like Jesus said they should. Vindictive, hateful, cheaters, and some dangerous drivers, too!

I bet a lot of people are only in the church for the social aspect of it. They don't really believe.

People spend their lives trying to talk to God, but they never get an answer.

You can't have a conversation with a dream.

Sure. I'm very good with Google, so ask me anything. :)

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/liberal-elite
a group of people with education, money, and other advantages, often living in cities, who have liberal political views and are seen as not understanding the problems and views of ordinary people:
Many Americans felt the Democratic Party was governed by out-of-touch liberal elites who looked down on red-state America as backward and reactionary.

This sounds to me like stereotyping to smear other. What about "understanding the problems and views of ordinary people" and what are these views??? Racism, Religious Bigotry, and insane gun laws?????

Is there a point to the OP?

Why, are there more black Christians than white now? Welp, I'll go to the black church then.

In my old neighborhood, I went to the old black church. A) Because a good friend of mine wanted me to take her there.

and B) Because is was better than the white church. They were there for God and not to try and look down on their fellow man like they do at the white church.

The little black people church was 100X better than the hypocrite white church. I bet their membership's about the same, too. With about 150 less people judging you up and down and

just there to worship God. Listen to my neighbor ova heanh. That's a beautiful Double Windsor. That old man knows what it's about.

This sounds to me like stereotyping to smear other.

What about "understanding the problems and views of ordinary people" and what are these views???

Racism, Religious Bigotry, and insane gun laws?????

Why? Do you know the difference between a Liberal and a Liberal Elitist? What about a Conservative and a MAGA cocksucker?

Civilized. Mature. Society-oriented.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

It illustrates that white Protestant evangelicals, a decided minority in this nation, are trying to shove their agenda and values down everyone's throat.

The Hill article didn't discuss shoving anything, it just gave numbers and the trend toward diversity...which is a good thing IMO. The main problem in our nation today seems to be a lack of tolerance. People are being forced to choose sides or be considered the enemy, much like the Evangelistas are doing as you rightfully pointed out.

BTW, saying "protestant Evangelicals" is like saying black Negros or white Caucasians. :D

If we graphed all Protestants on a Sane/Insane scale, the Evangelistas would be on the wacky side of the graph. :thup:

The Hill article didn't discuss shoving anything, it just gave numbers and the trend toward diversity...which is a good thing IMO. The main problem in our nation today seems to be a lack of tolerance. People are being forced to choose sides or be considered the enemy, much like the Evangelistas are doing as you rightfully pointed out.

BTW, saying "protestant Evangelicals" is like saying black Negros or white Caucasians. :D

If we graphed all Protestants on a Sane/Insane scale, the Evangelistas would be on the wacky side of the graph. :thup:

It was my interpretation of the point Guno was indirectly highlighting.

My understanding is that not all Protestants are evangelical, so I make the distinction between evangelical Protestants and the non-evangelical Protestants.

It was my interpretation of the point Guno was indirectly highlighting.

My understanding is that not all Protestants are evangelical, so I make the distinction between evangelical Protestants and the non-evangelical Protestants.

Evangelicals, like Greek Orthodox, are a subset of the same Abrahamic branch.....and they are out on a far limb, IMO. :)

Abrahamic religions so simplified even Trumpers can understand it: https://i.imgur.com/Fg4do0D.jpg

Protestantism: Introduction to Protestantism http://protestantism.co.uk/denominations

8vz9h42.jpg

Back