White Racists May Cost Obama Election

RockX

Banned
Poll: Racial misgivings of whites an Obama issue
By RON FOURNIER and TREVOR TOMPSON Associated Press Writers © 2008 The Associated Press
Sept. 20, 2008, 6:58PM

WASHINGTON — Deep-seated racial misgivings could cost Barack Obama the White House if the election is close, according to an AP-Yahoo News poll that found one-third of white Democrats harbor negative views toward blacks — many calling them "lazy," "violent" or responsible for their own troubles.

The poll, conducted with Stanford University, suggests that the percentage of voters who may turn away from Obama because of his race could easily be larger than the final difference between the candidates in 2004 — about 2.5 percentage points.

But Obama faces this: 40 percent of all white Americans hold at least a partly negative view toward blacks, and that includes many Democrats and independents.

More than a third of all white Democrats and independents — voters Obama can't win the White House without — agreed with at least one negative adjective about blacks, according to the survey, and they are significantly less likely to vote for Obama than those who don't have such views.

Such numbers are a harsh dose of reality in a campaign for the history books. Obama, the first black candidate with a serious shot at the presidency, accepted the Democratic nomination on the 45th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech, a seminal moment for a nation that enshrined slavery in its Constitution.

"There are a lot fewer bigots than there were 50 years ago, but that doesn't mean there's only a few bigots," said Stanford political scientist Paul Sniderman who helped analyze the exhaustive survey.

The pollsters set out to determine why Obama is locked in a close race with McCain even as the political landscape seems to favor Democrats. President Bush's unpopularity, the Iraq war and a national sense of economic hard times cut against GOP candidates, as does that fact that Democratic voters outnumber Republicans.

The findings suggest that Obama's problem is close to home — among his fellow Democrats, particularly non-Hispanic white voters. Just seven in 10 people who call themselves Democrats support Obama, compared to the 85 percent of self-identified Republicans who back McCain.

The survey also focused on the racial attitudes of independent voters because they are likely to decide the election.

Lots of Republicans harbor prejudices, too, but the survey found they weren't voting against Obama because of his race. Most Republicans wouldn't vote for any Democrat for president — white, black or brown.

Not all whites are prejudiced. Indeed, more whites say good things about blacks than say bad things, the poll shows. And many whites who see blacks in a negative light are still willing or even eager to vote for Obama.

On the other side of the racial question, the Illinois Democrat is drawing almost unanimous support from blacks, the poll shows, though that probably wouldn't be enough to counter the negative effect of some whites' views.

Race is not the biggest factor driving Democrats and independents away from Obama. Doubts about his competency loom even larger, the poll indicates. More than a quarter of all Democrats expressed doubt that Obama can bring about the change they want, and they are likely to vote against him because of that.

Three in 10 of those Democrats who don't trust Obama's change-making credentials say they plan to vote for McCain.

Still, the effects of whites' racial views are apparent in the polling.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/politics/6013535.html#

The Associated Press needs to pick a story and stick to it.

In the last several days the AP has told us that more people would rather have a beer and watch football with Barack Hussein Obama than McCain. They have also informed us that more people would rather have their children taught by Barack Hussein Obama.

So then how is it that the only reason anyone would not vote for Obama is because of race?

Still no word from the AP as to whether black voters, who are predicted to be voting for Mr. Obama at the rate of 99%, are racist.

1/3 of Democrats AND independents and 49 percent of whites in total?

Does it make you proud to know the like 70% of Republicans are racist then?

:lmao:

Lots of Republicans harbor prejudices, too, but the survey found they weren't voting against Obama because of his race. Most Republicans wouldn't vote for any Democrat for president — white, black or brown.

That's 40%, not 49%. And you have no proof of your second statement, those whites could include the vast majority of voting segment which is non-voters. Remember skinhead? He hated Repubs because of their pro-Israel stance, as do many anti-semetic haters, but the guy also hated Dems for some obvious reasons.

Also, the survey makes certain assumptions, I don't think it's negative to believe that someone is responsible for their own troubles, it's just a fact of life, regardless of race, religion, whatever. I certainly believe most individuals are responsible for their own troubles (or success for that matter), be it crime, job situation or finances. Not always of course but mostly.

That's 40%, not 49%. And you have no proof of your second statement, those whites could include the vast majority of voting segment which is non-voters. Remember skinhead? He hated Repubs because of their pro-Israel stance, as do many anti-semetic haters, but the guy also hated Dems for some obvious reasons.

Also, the survey makes certain assumptions, I don't think it's negative to believe that someone is responsible for their own troubles, it's just a fact of life, regardless of race, religion, whatever. I certainly believe most individuals are responsible for their own troubles (or success for that matter), be it crime, job situation or finances. Not always of course but mostly.

FYI. It's not anti-semitic to believe the United States shouldn't put israeli needs as our top priority. We should reject zionist control. We can still wish them the best of luck on their own.

FYI. It's not anti-semitic to believe the United States shouldn't put israeli needs as our top priority.
It's a good point, I agree, I'd just say I've seen many on the left go above simply advocating the stopping of aid to Israel to portraying them as being evil in thair conflict with Palestinians.

We should reject zionist control. We can still wish them the best of luck on their own.
Your former statement contradicts the latter.

I have a perfect plan to help the neo-nazis get over their dislike of Obama.

According to traditions dating back centuries, and the nazi's own rules, the race of a child is determined by the race of the mother. Obama's mother is white.

Therefore, Obama is a white guy with a good tan.

Let him take a tour of some hunting clubs. Have him practice carrying a can of copenhagen in the back pocket of hi jeans, and teach him to cuss. Let him learn to be "one of the boys". He can talk about his dear mother and badmouth his father. That way the "good ol boys will see him as a poor white kid with a no count black father. They will believe that.

Teach him to talk about steel versus lead shot, that the 30-06 is still the best whitetail rifle, and that as president he wants to make sure hunters will be able to hunt for anothe 200 years. Have him praise the soldiers, praise the local game warden, and badmouth the politicians in Washington. (make sure he points out that he hasn't been in DC long. Teach him enough about pickup trucks that he can compliment the monster mudders on Earl's Ford and then say that he liked the sound of Bubba Chevy, (bored it out?)

Four or five stops across Texas and the southeast will bring the redneck vote into his corner.

Think about all those 4X4 trucks bouncing down dirt roads with Obama stickers on them.

Its brilliant.

And if he could show that he won over the most hardcore racists, people will thing him a natural diplomat.

the only racist whites that could be a factor in the election would have to be democrat voters. Racist republicans are already voting republican.

LOLZ~!!!!!

No it doesn't. You can wish someone well without giving them your checkbook.
Oh I think I see what you mean. I thought you meant Zionist control over their own country of Israel, but I think you mean the US yes?

They don't control the US, more influence than most countries for sure, but not control.

He came out on fullpolitics.com.
He came out on fullpolitics.com as JOSEPH (the religious flamer who would agree with skinhead and say everyone would burn in the flames of hell).
I remember because I created a global warming troll spoof named JOSEPHTHEGREENY who warned everyone they would burn in the flames of heat.

He came out on fullpolitics.com as JOSEPH (the religious flamer who would agree with skinhead and say everyone would burn in the flames of hell).
I remember because I created a global warming troll spoof named JOSEPHTHEGREENY who warned everyone they would burn in the flames of heat.

No, he also came out as skinhead. I am not trying to pull one on ya.

Yep unless they have a black candidate it is useless to poll the Republicans on this.
Republcans are either voting for the party candidate or a few not voting as always.
Not many crossover Republicans at all.

I have a perfect plan to help the neo-nazis get over their dislike of Obama.

According to traditions dating back centuries, and the nazi's own rules, the race of a child is determined by the race of the mother. Obama's mother is white.

Therefore, Obama is a white guy with a good tan.

Let him take a tour of some hunting clubs. Have him practice carrying a can of copenhagen in the back pocket of hi jeans, and teach him to cuss. Let him learn to be "one of the boys". He can talk about his dear mother and badmouth his father. That way the "good ol boys will see him as a poor white kid with a no count black father. They will believe that.

Teach him to talk about steel versus lead shot, that the 30-06 is still the best whitetail rifle, and that as president he wants to make sure hunters will be able to hunt for anothe 200 years. Have him praise the soldiers, praise the local game warden, and badmouth the politicians in Washington. (make sure he points out that he hasn't been in DC long. Teach him enough about pickup trucks that he can compliment the monster mudders on Earl's Ford and then say that he liked the sound of Bubba Chevy, (bored it out?)

Four or five stops across Texas and the southeast will bring the redneck vote into his corner.

Think about all those 4X4 trucks bouncing down dirt roads with Obama stickers on them.

Its brilliant.

And if he could show that he won over the most hardcore racists, people will thing him a natural diplomat.

View attachment 41

Back