Who do you fear more? The 1%ers or the Federal Gov.?

The election was a 1%er paradise. Did any of you happen to check the biggest donors of Obama and Romney?

Romney;
Sin city, Vegas (To prevent the religious right from shutting down sin city)
Coal (Everyone heard about coal, until Obama won..)
Big Oil (If I need to say more you shouldn't be on these forums)
Millitary Weapons. (If I need to say more you shouldn't be on these forums)

Obama;
Universities
Computers
Wind energy (Obama pushes wind energy..)
Rich gays (Obama pushes for equality of humans..)
Medical equipment (They can price gouge under Obamacare)
Personal injury lawyers. (They can sue easier under Obamacare)

The "Free Market" won't wind up so innocent you think it will. Big Corp is willing to kill half of America if it means they can get rich and get away with it. Regulation is to keep America a safe place to live, which is true freedom. Crying about something that might cost a little bit more and wishing we had breathing air like China is just a pathetic lack of thinking. China recently had a fire go for 3 hours, as pointed out on the Daily Show. THREE HOURS and no one noticed because of the smog due to lack of REGULATION.

china-smog-3[1].jpg

So like everything else it boils down to one thing. What is it that YOU consider freedom? No extra cost to prevent a smog environment? Or living in a smog environment? My guess is in this situation, the money the Libertarians want to save will go to medical bills. People don't care until it happens to them which Chris Christie proved.

The 1%ers?

What about the 90%ers that control the major leftwing media?

What about the 50%ers that believe they are “Entitled” to somebody else’s earnings?

“Corruption has no vocation save corruption.”

How many 1%ers ardently support “voluntary” charity?

How many politicians ardently support charitable bribing of the vote “by extortion and force?”

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, Its force like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible actions.” (George Washington)

The 1%ers?

What about the 90%ers that control the major leftwing media?

What about the 50%ers that believe they are “Entitled” to somebody else’s earnings?

“Corruption has no vocation save corruption.”

How many 1%ers ardently support “voluntary” charity?

How many politicians ardently support charitable bribing of the vote “by extortion and force?”

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, Its force like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible actions.” (George Washington)

Show proof that the "90%" owns any media at all, moron.

Show proof that 50% believe they are entitled to anything they didn't earn.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Banana_Republicans:_The_Echo_Chamber

The election was a 1%er paradise. Did any of you happen to check the biggest donors of Obama and Romney?

Romney;
Sin city, Vegas (To prevent the religious right from shutting down sin city)
Coal (Everyone heard about coal, until Obama won..)
Big Oil (If I need to say more you shouldn't be on these forums)
Millitary Weapons. (If I need to say more you shouldn't be on these forums)

Obama;
Universities
Computers
Wind energy (Obama pushes wind energy..)
Rich gays (Obama pushes for equality of humans..)
Medical equipment (They can price gouge under Obamacare)
Personal injury lawyers. (They can sue easier under Obamacare)

The "Free Market" won't wind up so innocent you think it will. Big Corp is willing to kill half of America if it means they can get rich and get away with it. Regulation is to keep America a safe place to live, which is true freedom. Crying about something that might cost a little bit more and wishing we had breathing air like China is just a pathetic lack of thinking. China recently had a fire go for 3 hours, as pointed out on the Daily Show. THREE HOURS and no one noticed because of the smog due to lack of REGULATION.

View attachment 1984

So like everything else it boils down to one thing. What is it that YOU consider freedom? No extra cost to prevent a smog environment? Or living in a smog environment? My guess is in this situation, the money the Libertarians want to save will go to medical bills. People don't care until it happens to them which Chris Christie proved.

It's all because greedy politicians and business leaders don't give a rat's ass what happens to this planet once they've shuffled off this mortal coil.

Total deregulation would result in the eventual destruction of this planet, but those who would profit most from it right NOW don't care because they won't be here to live in the toxic hell created by deregulation coupled with greed.

It's a standard Tightie Rightie talking point.

"I got mine...the rest of you can GFY"!

It's all because greedy politicians and business leaders don't give a rat's ass what happens to this planet once they've shuffled off this mortal coil.

Total deregulation would result in the eventual destruction of this planet, but those who would profit most from it right NOW don't care because they won't be here to live in the toxic hell created by deregulation coupled with greed.

It's a standard Tightie Rightie talking point.

"I got mine...the rest of you can GFY"!

Yep

Except, probably every single one of your perspectives of hating Obama and the Left are directly linked to Big Corp.

Fuck no, I love big corporations. They produce wealth and innovation. I live in Seattle - land of Starbucks, Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon, Costco, Weyerhaeuser, etc.

Fuck no, I love big corporations. They produce wealth and innovation. I live in Seattle - land of Starbucks, Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon, Costco, Weyerhaeuser, etc.

Fuck no, I hate big corporations. They produce wealth for the rich, push little guys out of the market and ultimately create class disparity. I live in the northeast - home of universities, mom and pop restaurants and locally based hotels.

Fuck no, I hate big corporations. They produce wealth for the rich, push little guys out of the market and ultimately create class disparity. I live in the northeast - home of universities, mom and pop restaurants and locally based hotels.

You also live in a liberal fantasy land of propaganda.

I would argue that Microsoft and Apple have created more wealth and prosperity for more individuals than any gobblement program or bureaucrat

You also live in a liberal fantasy land of propaganda.

I would argue that Microsoft and Apple have created more wealth and prosperity for more individuals than any gobblement program or bureaucrat

Yup, in China.

Take away the greed, and their products would be made in the USA, the shareholders would still make a profit, (slighty less but a profit still) and the companies would have more customers, since more Americans would be working.

Don't bother with any bullshit about needing to be competitive either, since all their products are state of the art and patented.

The only reason the manufacturing (in these two cases) is done is China is corporate greed.

And unregulated big corporations are responsible for the toxic sludge everyone in Beijing breathes every day of their lives.

Planes taxiing for takeoff in Beijing had to be grounded yesterday because they COULDN'T SEE TO TAKE OFF...that is how thick the air they breathe over there is...and all because of completely unregulated businesses being allowed to pollute as they wish in their rush to make more money.

And unregulated big corporations are responsible for the toxic sludge everyone in Beijing breathes every day of their lives.

Planes taxiing for takeoff in Beijing had to be grounded yesterday because they COULDN'T SEE TO TAKE OFF...that is how thick the air they breathe over there is...and all because of completely unregulated businesses being allowed to pollute as they wish in their rush to make more money.

But with the new regulations, China seems to be realizing their error. :clink:

Unfortunately that just means corporations will take jobs elsewhere. In that sense, developed/developing countries are held hostage to the private sector.

But with the new regulations, China seems to be realizing their error. :clink:

Unfortunately that just means corporations will take jobs elsewhere. In that sense, developed/developing countries are held hostage to the private sector.

It just proves that, despite all their flowery language from corporate bigwigs about "stewardship of the planet" and "community responsibility", businesses truly only care about how they can make the most money right here and right now.

I thought you guys all take your coffee at Dunkin Donuts?

are you so very confused that you can state the obvious with this statement, yet claim that the 2nd Amendment is intended to allow that same big government to regulate our last means of maintaining our freedom?

Listen drug dealer. I saw your post, I know you are a drug dealer.

The 2nd Amendment is a FEDERAL DOCUMENT and it states REGULATION. THE END MORON.

are you so very confused that you can state the obvious with this statement, yet claim that the 2nd Amendment is intended to allow that same big government to regulate our last means of maintaining our freedom?

Let me explain to you druggy. I never once said I supported the ban of guns. You have been too high to notice. I could go on but you gave me an idea for another thread. I make threads because I think..

Let me explain to you druggy. I never once said I supported the ban of guns. You have been too high to notice. I could go on but you gave me an idea for another thread. I make threads because I think..

You better try another thread Goober, STY has kicked your ass to a bloody pulp on this one, maybe you should give your keyboard a break awhile and save what ever face you have left for the distant future, huh?

Not particularly individually fearful of either, myself. There are rich people who are dicks and rich people who generally worked to get where they are. The federal government does some things I consider good, and other things I consider bad, but that's always going to be the case when you live in a society. There are many, many things I should rightfully worry about before I concern myself with either.

Back