Who is lying

PorterM

Eagle, Globe, and Anchor
For 14 months prior to returning to Iraq, Congress debated about Iraq's violations of 17 UN resolutions that were contained in the ceasefire from 1991. This led to the current situation in Iraq today. Much as been offered about whether or not WMDs existed in Iraq. The Left-Wing clearly states that Bush lied and falsely led us into Iraq to help his oil buddies.

I do not believe I have ever heard any Liberal, anti-Bush crowd comment on these comments by others.

"Saddam's goal is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed."
-- Madeline Albright, 1998

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security."
-- Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow."
-- Bill Clinton, President of the United States, 1998

"The hard fact is that so long as Saddam remains in power, he threatens the well-being of his people, the peace of his region, and the security of the world."
-- Bill Clinton, President of the United States

"The best way to end that threat once and for all is with a new Iraqi government - a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people. Bringing change in Baghdad will take time and effort. We will strengthen our engagement with the full range of Iraqi opposition forces and work with them effectively and prudently..."

"Heavy as they are, the costs of action must be weighed against the price of inaction. If Saddam defies the world and we fail to respond, we will face a far greater threat in the future. Saddam will strike again at his neighbors. He will make war on his own people."

"And mark my words, he will develop weapons of mass destruction. He will deploy them, and he will use them."
-- Bill Clinton, President of the United States speaking about Saddam Hussein

"Saddam Hussein's regime represents a grave threat to America and our allies, including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades, Saddam Hussein has sought weapons of mass destruction through every available means. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons. He has already used them against his neighbors and his own people, and is trying to build more. We know that he is doing everything he can to build nuclear weapons, and we know that each day he gets closer to achieving that goal."
-- John Edwards, October 10, 2002

"Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors..."
-- Bill Clinton, President of the United States, December 16, 1998

"Because we're acting today, it is less likely that we will face these dangers in the future..."
-- Bill Clinton, President of the United States, December 16, 1998

Did Saddam Hussein have WMDs or WMD programs?

Last edited:
Gee, that's a new one. I never saw anyone on the right post those quotes before. Really.

The thing with those quotes is, not a one calls for full-scale invasion & war. Not a one.

And it's a fact, now, that the Bush admin stacked the intel as part of a propoganda campaign to sell the war to the American public.

I actually think Bush was more of a patsy for PNAC & a few others. But he was the perfect patsy for them.

You still cannot address the quotes without referring to President Bush. You have no argument. None of the quotes even mention or refer to President Bush.

You still cannot address the quotes without referring to President Bush. You have no argument. None of the quotes even mention or refer to President Bush.

I addressed the quotes. I said that they don't call for war or invasion.

Do you have reading comprehension issues? I'll try to use smaller words if you do; just let me know.

I addressed the quotes. I said that they don't call for war or invasion.

Do you have reading comprehension issues? I'll try to use smaller words if you do; just let me know.

WMDs did exist. Do you have reading comprehension issues? I'll try to use smaller words if you do; just let me know. The existence of WMDs in Iraq are the subject of the statements. You did not address them.

Did you forget to call him a troll?

He's not really as trollish as you; he's just lacking in competent debate skills, and (recently revealed) reading comprehension.

Trolls tend to engage in hyperbole & repetitive behavior, used almost solely to get a strong reaction. That's your thing, much more than PorterM's.

WMDs did exist. Do you have reading comprehension issues? I'll try to use smaller words if you do; just let me know. The existence of WMDs in Iraq are the subject of the statements. You did not address them.

Well, since most of those quotes are from the '90's, and as of late 2001 both Condi Rice & Powell were saying that Saddam was contained & not even a threat to his immediate neighbors, I would guess that he complied with at least a few of those 17 resolutions, and destroyed a lot of the weapons programs he had.

Just speculation, mind you; but it is curious that they have found nothing at any suspected site in Iraq (which, btw, Hans Blix reported they had unfettered access to in March of '03, so he would have been able to confirm that without the war that we are still entangled in).

He's not really as trollish as you; he's just lacking in competent debate skills, and (recently revealed) reading comprehension.

Trolls tend to engage in hyperbole & repetitive behavior, used almost solely to get a strong reaction. That's your thing, much more than PorterM's.

Here is the question again. Based on the statements listed in the initial post...

Here is the question again. Based on the statements listed in the initial post...

I don't think there is much question he did for a period of time; he did, after all, use them a ways back. He didn't have them when we invaded Iraq; that's really the crux of the discussion. Anything else is just you trying to be cute, and lacking intellectual honesty (one of your strongest traits, at least within the context of this board).

Back