Who is lying

Well, since most of those quotes are from the '90's, and as of late 2001 both Condi Rice & Powell were saying that Saddam was contained & not even a threat to his immediate neighbors, I would guess that he complied with at least a few of those 17 resolutions, and destroyed a lot of the weapons programs he had.

Just speculation, mind you; but it is curious that they have found nothing at any suspected site in Iraq (which, btw, Hans Blix reported they had unfettered access to in March of '03, so he would have been able to confirm that without the war that we are still entangled in).

Are you kidding me. He violated 17 UN Resolutions that were agreed upon in the 1991 Ceasefire. There were more than 17 Resolutions. He violated 17 of them and more than 17 times. All he had to do was to allow the weapon's inspectors the access that he was supposed to. He did not. What was he hidding? He would still be in power today if he had complied with the Ceasefire agreement.

"All he had to do was to allow the weapon's inspectors the access that he was supposed to. He did not."

He did. You need to read Hans Blix's report to Congress in March of 2003. You also need to read through some of the 17 resolutions that you keep referring to.

Come on back after you've done some more research. I don't have time to teach you.

I don't think there is much question he did for a period of time; he did, after all, use them a ways back. He didn't have them when we invaded Iraq; that's really the crux of the discussion. Anything else is just you trying to be cute, and lacking intellectual honesty (one of your strongest traits, at least within the context of this board).

Intellectual honesty... You took a while to admit that there were WMDs in Iraq and apparently they disappeared within moments of President Bush taking office. As you said, most of these statements were made before Bush took office and yet, you cannot even comment on these statements that were not directed at Bush without mentioning Bush.

"All he had to do was to allow the weapon's inspectors the access that he was supposed to. He did not."

He did. You need to read Hans Blix's report to Congress in March of 2003. You also need to read through some of the 17 resolutions that you keep referring to.

Come on back after you've done some more research. I don't have time to teach you.

I have to believe that Congress is more informed than you are. They debated the issue for 14 months with the same intelligence reports that President Bush had. On October 2002 when the U.S. Congress passed a "Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq".

Lets see, then there was United Nations Security Council Resolution 687. This required the destruction of all chemical, nuclear and biological weapons, as well as all ballistic missiles with range greater than 150km. These actions "represented steps towards the goal of establishing in the Middle East a zone free from weapons of mass destruction and all missiles for their delivery and the objective of a global ban on chemical weapons." Since 2003, coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent. These are the things that were not supposed to be in Iraq.

In October 1998, U.S. policy began to shift away from containment and towards “regime change,” as the U.S. Congress passed and President Clinton signed the "Iraq Liberation Act." Signed in response to Iraq's termination of its cooperation with U.N. weapons inspectors the preceding August, the act provided $97 million for Iraqi "democratic opposition organizations" to "establish a program to support a transition to democracy in Iraq." This legislation contrasted with the terms set out in United Nations Security Council Resolution 687,which focused on weapons and weapons programs and made no mention of regime change. One month after the passage of the “Iraq Liberation Act,” the U.S. and UK launched a bombardment campaign of Iraq called Operation Desert Fox. The campaign’s express rationale was to hamper the Hussein government’s ability to produce chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons.

Last edited:
He might have fooled you but he did not fool me.
Unfortuantely he fooled enough of the people though.

"Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors..."
-- Bill Clinton, President of the United States, December 16, 1998

Did Bill Clinton fool you?

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security."
-- Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002​

Did Hillary fool you?

You daft buggers.

You were right to go into Iraq. They were a threat to America and everyone else.

Look how the American people support what you did.

Case closed.

You can't trust Obama 'cos he was against the war. Vote for McCain the voice of experience.

Good Luck.

I jsut dont understand why the people don the right keep up with this silly arguement.

Its in the record guys. Bush and his team lied, Americans died they screwed up the economy in the process.

Now we all know you guys like what Bush and team have done but I really just cant figure out why?

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Was that a lie?

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Was that a lie?

No, they're buried in the desert in Syria. Don Rumsfeld knows where but he's probably hoping to dig them up and sell them to Robert Mugabe or someone ;)

Gee, that's a new one. I never saw anyone on the right post those quotes before. Really.

The thing with those quotes is, not a one calls for full-scale invasion & war. Not a one.

And thats the biggest cowardly copout the left has to offer on the subject....They rant for 10 fuckin' years about the dangers of Saddam and WMD and VOTE to pass the war resolution bill...then in minutes, turn into the hypocrites they are in reality....

And it's a fact, now, that the Bush admin stacked the intel as part of a propoganda campaign to sell the war to the American public.

And Bush 'stacked' the intell...stacked the intell of the US CIA, the British government, the French government, the Russian governemnt, the Isreali government...wow, hes a fuckin' genius...
b:321::321::321::321:

"And Bush 'stacked' the intell...stacked the intell of the US CIA, the British government, the French government, the Russian governemnt, the Isreali government...wow, hes a fuckin' genius..."

Scott McClellan said the admin engaged in a propoganda campaign to sell the war. British intel said that the admin fixed the intel around the policy. Colin Powell's top aide said he was given a "chinese menu" of intel & told to make a case for war out of it. A Senate report - which Republicans signed onto - said that the admin engaged in deliberately misleading language and manipulated the intel to make the case for war. Bush lied outright in the 2003 State of the Union about a spy named Curveball & claims about bio-weapons labs in Iraq, which he personally saw were completely debunked & deemed not reliable in a PDB 3 days prior. Paul Wolfowicz said they decided on WMD's because they were the best way to sell the war.

Oh, I know bravo - these are all "disgruntled ex-employees" and "liberal propogandists"...right?

"And Bush 'stacked' the intell...stacked the intell of the US CIA, the British government, the French government, the Russian governemnt, the Isreali government...wow, hes a fuckin' genius..."

Scott McClellan said the admin engaged in a propoganda campaign to sell the war. British intel said that the admin fixed the intel around the policy. Colin Powell's top aide said he was given a "chinese menu" of intel & told to make a case for war out of it. A Senate report - which Republicans signed onto - said that the admin engaged in deliberately misleading language and manipulated the intel to make the case for war. Bush lied outright in the 2003 State of the Union about a spy named Curveball & claims about bio-weapons labs in Iraq, which he personally saw were completely debunked & deemed not reliable in a PDB 3 days prior. Paul Wolfowicz said they decided on WMD's because they were the best way to sell the war.

Oh, I know bravo - these are all "disgruntled ex-employees" and "liberal propogandists"...right?

NO...They are greedy little weasels that will do just about anything to make a quick buck....its been going on for 100 years....and as long as it agrees with your pre-conceived perceptions ... you'll eat it up, the same as those before you and like those to come....

Bush must be a master of time-travel.

Apparently the man vilified by the left as an "idiot" planted "false intel" while he was still Governor of Texas...

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." President BJ Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." President BJ Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." Madeline "Notso" Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." Madeline "Notso" Albright, Nov. 10, 1999

"Even today, Iraq is not nearly disarmed. Based on highly credible intelligence, UNSCOM [the U.N. weapons inspectors] suspects that Iraq still has biological agents like anthrax, botulinum toxin, and clostridium perfringens in sufficient quantity to fill several dozen bombs and ballistic missile warheads, as well as the means to continue manufacturing these deadly agents. Iraq probably retains several tons of the highly toxic VX substance, as well as sarin nerve gas and mustard gas. This agent is stored in artillery shells, bombs, and ballistic missile warheads. And Iraq retains significant dual-use industrial infrastructure that can be used to rapidly reconstitute large-scale chemical weapons production." Scott Ritter, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Saddam's goal ... is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed." Madeline "Notso" Albright, 1998
"(Saddam) will rebuild his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction and some day, some way, I am certain he will use that arsenal again, as he has 10 times since 1983" National Security Adviser Sandy Berg(L)er, Feb 18, 1998

"Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people." Tom "Puffy" Daschle, 1998

"greedy little weasels"...I'm not sure how Colin Powell's aide, or British intel, or Paul Wolfowicz, or 2 Senate Republicans made a "quick buck" by corroborating what guys like Mclellan have now admitted.

It's amazing to me how you Bush groupies are; simply amazing. The list of people who have to be "weasels" and absolutely have to be lying grows & grows, all so you can protect one of the worst Presidents of all time.

What is it about that guy that you love so much? It's very strange...

I noticed you avoided the pre-2000 quotes above...

If you search those quotes, you'll see that they have been posted on this board dozens of times, and that I've responded to them almost as many times as they've been posted.

Were they directed at me? If you wanted me to respond to them again, you should have asked. I don't feel an obligation to respond to every brain-dead lobotomy victim who posts here.

I must be racist unless I respond to indisputable, at least 3 times.

Back