Who was it the other days said something about as long as UPS and FEDEX...

uscitizen

Villified User
Stocks Fall As Oil Jumps; UPS Warns

Wednesday April 9, 1:38 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) — Wall Street extended its losses Wednesday as a rise in oil prices and a profit warning from shipping concern UPS stirred concerns about the well-being of the economy.

The surge in oil prices weighed on transportation stocks and appeared to contribute to a pessimistic tone in the market. Prices jumped following a government report showing U.S. inventories fell by more than expected last week. The rise hurt shares of airline and trucking companies, which have already struggled with high fuel costs.

United Parcel Service Inc., the world's largest shipping carrier, pointed to a weaker economy and higher fuel costs in trimming its forecast. Investors earlier this week received reports from aluminum producer Alcoa Inc. and chip maker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. that have made the market uneasy about overall first-quarter results.

http://finance.myway.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt.jsp?section=news&feed=ap&src=601&news_id=ap-d8vufvk00&date=20080409

Um, I don’t know, but since it was about the economy and proved wrong within hours, I’d have to put my money on Topper?

I said not on strike GED, are they on strike.
Education is a terrible thing to skip, especially for someone like usc who attempts to converse will graduates. LOFL

I am not buying anything in the market right now. I am a true conservative where my investments are concerned for a while.
I have lost zero and gained a modest amount.

your already rich and wise.
For those not so fortunate they should continue to buy, but skip the speculative stuff.
I'm just starting to nibble at reits (apartments, hotels, timber) and agriculture commodities etf.

I am not buying anything in the market right now. I am a true conservative where my investments are concerned for a while.
I have lost zero and gained a modest amount.

Your loss then. I told topper last year to buy it at 12. It's at 38 today. I expect a pullback in the next few days, but any company in the Energy Industry is going to do alright. Especially Chart making a play in LNG as well. I can't give away details, but Mr. Hoppel is doing some kick ass work. There's more to come and they are sure to please the investors.

Why ? I am not greedy and have enough for my needs for the rest of my life.
One less worry.

As I said I am a true conservative.
And do not have any gambling urges.

I am glad for Topper he needs the money to support his low stature and high self esteem.

Why ? I am not greedy and have enough for my needs for the rest of my life.
One less worry.

As I said I am a true conservative.
And do not have any gambling urges.

I am glad for Topper he needs the money to support his low stature and high self esteem.

He didn't buy, I make fun of him occasionally for it just for laughs.

OHHH, yep I would burn him on that then :)

yeah I have missed playing the stocks just a bit, but just a bit. I will sometimes say, Darn, I could have made a bundle on that.

But overall life is very good for me lately, what more can a man ask for ?

you get called out on your GED I dig you lashing out. Heck you got bitchslapped.
Digital I forgot what kind of dork you are, is it programmer.

you get called out on your GED I dig you lashing out. Heck you got bitchslapped.
Digital I forgot what kind of dork you are, is it programmer.

I'm the webmaster at Chart Industries...I'm sure you can come up with some nifty name for my AS degree not being a Masters, but who needs degrees when you've got experience, which is much more valuable.

I'm the webmaster at Chart Industries...I'm sure you can come up with some nifty name for my AS degree not being a Masters, but who needs degrees when you've got experience, which is much more valuable.

Don’t you think that if you ever met Top in person, he’d be like this solicitous little nerd, who would sit there with a big sycophantic grin on his face, nodding in agreement with everything you said, complimenting your shoes, and asking you if he could get you anything?

Not a bad idea. Buying the up and coming tech...

Not only is it up and coming, its a big player in the current tech. Vacuum Insulated Pipes, Heat Exchangers, we sell to the Oil companies the stuff they need for their infrastructure. It's looking like a pull back today, and possibly tommorow too. It's basically people just selling off because we hit a 52-week high again yesterday. There is more things coming out though that will raise that. I would sell at $45, wait for another pullback, and buy in again.

Not only is it up and coming, its a big player in the current tech. Vacuum Insulated Pipes, Heat Exchangers, we sell to the Oil companies the stuff they need for their infrastructure. It's looking like a pull back today, and possibly tommorow too. It's basically people just selling off because we hit a 52-week high again yesterday. There is more things coming out though that will raise that. I would sell at $45, wait for another pullback, and buy in again.

It had it's pullback at $45, went back down to $42, back up to $49 today! Hope someone was listening!

I know you wished you hadn't skipped college and dhula wishes she didn't take the easiest liberal arts degree in the country.

Back