Who would be hapless enough to be Hillary's VP choice?

blackascoal

The Force is With Me
Given that if Hillary is elected, Bill's shadow will be so overwhelming that anyone chosen as VP would most certainly have to take a backseat to the presidential duopoly. They would essentially have to serve two presidents.

The position would be dead-end and would require someone like a Dick Cheney who would have no political aspirations beyond serving in the hapless position of presidential go-fer.

At one point I thought Obama might be perfect if he doesn't get the nomination, but after watching the Clinton machine in action of late, I doubt that Obama would accept the token role.

Given that if Hillary is elected, Bill's shadow will be so overwhelming that anyone chosen as VP would most certainly have to take a backseat to the presidential duopoly. They would essentially have to serve two presidents.

The position would be dead-end and would require someone like a Dick Cheney who would have no political aspirations beyond serving in the hapless position of presidential go-fer.

At one point I thought Obama might be perfect if he doesn't get the nomination, but after watching the Clinton machine in action of late, I doubt that Obama would accept the token role.

I never really thought obama would take a VP slot.

He could be US senator from Illinois for the next 30 years if he wanted to. I doubt he'd give that up, for 4 years of a lame ass job like Vice President.

they will kiss and make up if she's gets the nod over him. He's way classier than you. And will want to help the country. Plus VP's in good admins are shoe ins after the pres leaves office.

If not Obama, Clark.

clark seems to be around in alot of the clinton vp talk. talk about couple of war hawks together. sweet. prob better off with romney.

I never really thought obama would take a VP slot.

He could be US senator from Illinois for the next 30 years if he wanted to. I doubt he'd give that up, for 4 years of a lame ass job like Vice President.

I've always wondered why VP's haven't entrenched themselves in the system like speakers have. But I guess the senate just evolved differently.

Edwards would take the VP slot. He really doesn't have much more for him after this, and if the dem wins the nomination he couldn't run (with a chance in hell of winning) for the next 8 years... which I doubt he'd be willing to wait.

I've always wondered why VP's haven't entrenched themselves in the system like speakers have. But I guess the senate just evolved differently.

Edwards would take the VP slot. He really doesn't have much more for him after this, and if the dem wins the nomination he couldn't run (with a chance in hell of winning) for the next 8 years... which I doubt he'd be willing to wait.

He might, but I am not so sure. I think he feels he got burned last time!

Al Gore got more votes and ran as bad a campaign as you can run. Plus he had the Clinton scandals to deal with.
There's no way for us to be, but my money is on him talking it if offerred.
These scirmishes are tiddly winks between Obama and Hillary, it's going to go nuclear eventually from him as well. Then the loser bows at the feet of the next pres and begs for a role.

Al Gore got more votes and ran as bad a campaign as you can run. Plus he had the Clinton scandals to deal with.
There's no way for us to be, but my money is on him talking it if offerred.
These scirmishes are tiddly winks between Obama and Hillary, it's going to go nuclear eventually from him as well. Then the loser bows at the feet of the next pres and begs for a role.

SERIOUSLY doubt Obama will go begging.

Actually, it may be the other way around because republicans fear Obama more than they do Clinton.

Al Gore counters your comment about a "shoe-in."

more i think of it more i think that a war hawk will be her vp. she even said last night its looks to her like mccain going to be the candidate and it will be a security campaign. that line of thinking + clinton mentality to do what takes to win = warhawk.

I suspect it has already tenatitivly been offered to Clark. She will stick with Clark unless she decides she needs Obama.

Back