Who would make the best politician from JPP?

Yams have the same consistency as I imagine slugs. You don't swallow them. They crawl down your throat. Makes me want to puke just thinking of them.

Immie
You only eat the baked variety. These have the same consistency as french fries.

I love yams. Ummm. They are really good with brown sugger, pecans and a marshmellow top, is that just a southern dish or do others eat that?

I love yams. Ummm. They are really good with brown sugger, pecans and a marshmellow top, is that just a southern dish or do others eat that?
Enough eat it that it was in "Shrek The Halls" last night. Yams are no good without the marshmallows.

Enough eat it that it was in "Shrek The Halls" last night. Yams are no good without the marshmallows.

I missed that, I saw it was on, but we were in a restaurant, across the room, and the sound was off.

How is the weather Damo? Shorts and t-shirts here!

Yams are nasty things that should be left in the dirt.

But Sweet Potatos are a gift from heaven. That is what we southerners eat.

And my father's family comes from the Sweet Potato Capital. (Thats Vardaman Mississippi to all you non-sweet potato eaters)

I missed that, I saw it was on, but we were in a restaurant, across the room, and the sound was off.

How is the weather Damo? Shorts and t-shirts here!
Well, shorts and heavy jacket here. It was about 20 degrees yesterday.

I love the cold. If I didn't I would have moved to Louisiana for the food.

Well, shorts and heavy jacket here. It was about 20 degrees yesterday.

I love the cold. If I didn't I would have moved to Louisiana for the food.

I had rather live where its either cold or warm. Its the swings back and forth that screw me up.

Saturday afternoon at my family's xmas gathering it was between 75 and 80 degrees out. I got up monday to come to work and it was 18 degrees.

Make up your damn mind.

I had rather live where its either cold or warm. Its the swings back and forth that screw me up.

Saturday afternoon at my family's xmas gathering it was between 75 and 80 degrees out. I got up monday to come to work and it was 18 degrees.

Make up your damn mind.

Most of the time Chicago's weather is nothing to write home about. The past week though, it's been beyond horrible. First snow, then wind, followed by below zero temps with windchills down to -40F. Now it's nearly 20 and snowing and blowing. Arrrggg.

Most of the time Chicago's weather is nothing to write home about. The past week though, it's been beyond horrible. First snow, then wind, followed by below zero temps with windchills down to -40F. Now it's nearly 20 and snowing and blowing. Arrrggg.

Ok, I feel better about our weather now that you mentioned Chicago. I spent 9 weeks there for boot camp in '79, and then 2 months in the spring of '02 building a fiber optic system.

The weather sucked the entirety of both trips.

You have my sympathies, Annie.

I figure probably Dixie would make the "best" politician. He actually believes the talking point crap he spouts.

He is emotional and wordy as well.

I have lived all my life in the west. I have never shoveled a walk, de-iced a car window, put up storm windows, worn rubber boots, worn ear muffs or slipped on an icy sidewalk.

I have built a snowman, made snow angels, tasted snowflakes on my tongue and sat on a porch with hot cocoa and watched the snow.

Seasons are a wonder of nature but I dont have to live somewhere that they happen every year wether I want to participate or not.

I will live where they are just enough to feel the differance and if I want a more drastic example they are but an hour away.

Ok, I feel better about our weather now that you mentioned Chicago. I spent 9 weeks there for boot camp in '79, and then 2 months in the spring of '02 building a fiber optic system.

The weather sucked the entirety of both trips.

You have my sympathies, Annie.

Thank you, really. Took 3 hours to buy the 'finishing touches' for Christmas Eve and Christmas, most of it in traffic. We've already gotten like 5" today and it's still coming down. The wind is ferocious and drifting, well let's say I'm not sure how to get the cars in the driveway. As soon as you shovel, the wind picks it all up again. Sigh.

Best holiday surprise has been Julia Roberts, no not the actress but the toy Dachshund, my son brought home. She's so cute! She hates snow and cold and the snow is now deeper than she is tall. We're calling her, JR. Two days ago my son bought her a down jacket, with a faux fur hood. Too cute. She needs booties, though we think she'll need a muzzle to not take them off. She gets outside and starts wimpering.

Back