Whoa, them fighting words

“McCarthy Says He Got Booted Because Matt Gaetz”

“In an interview Tuesday at Georgetown University, McCarthy, sounding that alleged concessions to congressional Democrats during debt-ceiling talks were behind his removal. He offered to set the record straight about why he was removed as speaker.”

“I’ll give you the truth why I’m not speaker. It’s because one person, a member of Congress, wanted me to stop an ethics complaint because he slept with a 17-year-old. Did he do it or not? I don’t know, but Ethics was looking at it. There’s other people in jail because of it. And he wanted me to influence it,” McCarthy explained.”

https://newrepublic.com/post/180582/mccarthy-reveals-matt-gaetz-ousted-him-gross
https://www.forbes.com/sites/anafag...aetz-wanted-him-to-stop-ethics-investigation/
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4585217-mccarthy-gaetz-motion-vacate-speaker-ethics-complaint/

Is it any wonder this House is going down in history as not only the most incompetent but also one of the most unscrupulous

McCarthy was booted, due to his own stupidity.

Evil idiots will attack each other eventually

They are both evil

I actually don't think McCarthy is evil. He's just a spineless idiot. Being evil requires a high level of understanding of what you're doing is wrong, aka, you're smart enough to know better. People who I think are evil: Mitch McConnel, Stephanik, Kellyanne, Bannon, Cruz and a few more. These people are smart enough to know what the correct course of action is but don't care.

In fairness to Gaetz, he appeared mostly just interested in hiding the children he was abusing, and not isolating them. It is odd to say, but he never considered the situation where they would turn him in. And he enjoyed going through them quickly.
In fairness to Gaetz, what kind of people elect such a monster? It's the electorate. I can remember when republicans held the moral high ground. Boy, has that changed. And radically.

True, but they have to have evidence they had sex. That requires creditable witnesses agreeing to testify.

Or that someone had sex. If he moved minors over state lines, and those minors had sex with anyone, he is guilty of transporting minors over state lines for immoral purposes. He does not have to be the one having sex with the minor. Likewise, if he provided minors for DeSantis to have sex with, that is enough of a crime.

How do you prove sex? Fortunately/unfortunately, there have been no proven pregnancies, which would be the easiest way. There does appear to be victim testimony, along with physical proof that the girls were transported. A more openminded jury would probably think that is enough, but a Florida jury is going to have one or two people who want to beleive Gaetz no matter what. They will refuse to ask why he transported random 17 year old girls across borders.

I believe Gaetz will be caught sooner or later. He is careless, stupid, and most important arrogant. It might take a decade, but he will be caught. There are a lot of people in the Republican establishment who also think Gaetz will be caught.

Or that someone had sex. If he moved minors over state lines, and those minors had sex with anyone, he is guilty of transporting minors over state lines for immoral purposes. He does not have to be the one having sex with the minor. Likewise, if he provided minors for DeSantis to have sex with, that is enough of a crime.

How do you prove sex? Fortunately/unfortunately, there have been no proven pregnancies, which would be the easiest way. There does appear to be victim testimony, along with physical proof that the girls were transported. A more openminded jury would probably think that is enough, but a Florida jury is going to have one or two people who want to beleive Gaetz no matter what. They will refuse to ask why he transported random 17 year old girls across borders.

I believe Gaetz will be caught sooner or later. He is careless, stupid, and most important arrogant. It might take a decade, but he will be caught. There are a lot of people in the Republican establishment who also think Gaetz will be caught.

Wonder how many 'child prostitutes' are imported over the southern border, hundreds of thousands I should imagine but that's ok apparently.

But, you can’t transport them across state lines and Gaetz was older than 23 when this allegedly happened.

BFD, have you ever given you give a shit about hordes of young girls being imported over the border for sex and sweat shops. You're a full-on hypocrite Phanny. I also love how a seventeen year old is suddenly no longer a young woman but a mere child.

Last edited:
Wonder how many 'child prostitutes' are imported over the southern border, hundreds of thousands I should imagine but that's ok apparently.

You have been lied to. The border is nowhere near open. To get over the border as an asylum seeker, you must apply at the border, and then go into custody. That makes it less likely that a child prostitute will get through.

Why do you need to put child prostitute in quotes?

In fairness to Gaetz, what kind of people elect such a monster? It's the electorate. I can remember when republicans held the moral high ground. Boy, has that changed. And radically.

In partisan times, it is easy for horrible people to hide behind partisanship.

Last edited:
Just a reminder, the legal age in America is 18, at which time you are legally an adult in the United States, until the age of 18, you are considered a child in the United States.

Just a reminder, the legal age in America is 18, at which time you are legally an adult in the United States, until the age of 18, you are considered a child in the United States.

The age of consent for sex is not a national standard of eighteen.
It varies state by state.
Here in Massachusetts, it's sixteen, or at least it was unless it's been changed recently.

The age of consent for sex is not a national standard of eighteen.
It varies state by state.
Here in Massachusetts, it's sixteen, or at least it was unless it's been changed recently.
That may be the age of consent, but they are not considered an adult until they turn 18. A 17 year old is still legally a child.

What is so hard to understand about this?

Back