Why are these polls so close?

Onceler

Is Tucker Carlson right? Is the Democratic voting base a "circular firing squad?"

The only way for Hillary Clinton to win the nomination is to tear the Democratic party apart. She can do it, and push all the way to Denver, and overturn the MI & FL decisions, and find a way to woo more superdelegates, but it will leave the party in tatters, and very weak for November.

Do the voters understand this? Do they understand the implications of a vote for Hillary at this point?

I know, I know - it's a democracy, and people should vote their hearts. I just wish Dem voters could show a little practical side once in awhile, so maybe we could get some progressive government again...

Yeah I can see your point. And it would be nice for one of the parties to show a bit of sense at least every few years.

Is Tucker Carlson right? Is the Democratic voting base a "circular firing squad?"

I'd advise to not worry about anything "Tucker" says. He's a moron who thought invading Iraq was a great idea.

The only way for Hillary Clinton to win the nomination is to tear the Democratic party apart. She can do it, and push all the way to Denver, and overturn the MI & FL decisions, and find a way to woo more superdelegates, but it will leave the party in tatters, and very weak for November.

Do the voters understand this? Do they understand the implications of a vote for Hillary at this point?

I know, I know - it's a democracy, and people should vote their hearts. I just wish Dem voters could show a little practical side once in awhile, so maybe we could get some progressive government again...

I think the talk of the party "tearing itself apart" is over rated. In fact, I think its mostly mental masturbation by talking head cable pundits.

A vigourous, hard fought primary likely will be good for the party. For one thing, Obama is an untested, unvetted fresh face. He needs to be tested in every way possible, to be prepared for the republican onslaught. Assuming he's the nominee.

Second, an extended democratic primary is actually good from an operational perspective. Its' bringing more voters out, and getting people interested in the process. When is that last time a Texas primary even mattered? When's the last time Democratic presidential nominees even campaigned there in a primary? It can only help at the operational, grass roots level: democratic voter interest, registration, and potentially turnout in november. And that ultimately helps down-ballot candidates in the fall too.

I'd advise to not worry about anything "Tucker" says. He's a moron who thought invading Iraq was a great idea.

I think the talk of the party "tearing itself apart" is over rated. In fact, I think its mostly mental masturbation by talking head cable pundits.

A vigourous, hard fought primary likely will be good for the party. For one thing, Obama is an untested, unvetted fresh face. He needs to be tested in every way possible, to be prepared for the republican onslaught. Assuming he's the nominee.

Second, an extended democratic primary is actually good from an operational perspective. Its' bringing more voters out, and getting people interested in the process. When is that last time a Texas primary even mattered? When's the last time Democratic presidential nominees even campaigned there in a primary? It can only help at the operational, grass roots level: democratic voter interest, registration, and potentially turnout in november. And that ultimately helps down-ballot candidates in the fall too.

Most people probably don't realize John McCain exists anymore. I heard foreigners talking on NPR today about what they thought about the US election, most spoke like the general was between Hillary and Obama.

wow.... what will McCain do with all those foreigners not knowing he is running? I guess he won't be getting their votes.

I really think Americans would be better off if conservatives were banned from voting in our elections. They're just to stupid and ignorant to be entrusted with that weight.

YES WE CAN!

You see, right wing nutjobs just can't stand the mention of foreigners. It makes their eyes bleed to know the opinion of darkies.

HUH? I was laughing about YOU bringing up people who have nothing to do with our election here in the USA.

Talk about a retard. You don't even understand why you're being laughed at. LOL grow up junior

Yeah, but it's no "Xerox."

I'm feelin' a Hillary win today. Somehow, she got the mo back; the kitchen sink thing worked.

Well, what I think slowed him is the Nafta/Canadian issue. His aura is all about being a different kind of politician. That stunk of same old same old. I'm really unhappy about it. I think it tarnishsed him, and that's not Hillary's doing, it's his.

I don't know about today, I think he could still win Texas and if so, I think she should leave...I really think she will be told to. But I thought he had a decent shot at taking Ohio too, and he blew that. Nafta is huge there, and they aren't going to vote for someone who is telling Canada, oh don't worry i'm just bullshitting the ordinary working voters on this...it'll be business as usual.

But I still think, bottom line, a split decision forces her from the race and he becomes the nominee.

Not to sound like an Obama homer, but aren't there some conflicting stories about the Canadian thing? The last I read & saw, it's hardly definitive that Obama's aide told them he was BS'ing about Nafta.

Besides, Hillary had turned the tide before this story (or non-story) broke, with everything from Rezko to "Boo! Who will answer the phone at 3"

Back