Why did GWB go into Iraq?

Ole Rand is supported by the same wack jobs who loved GWB. Its not what they say thats important, its the swagger.

There you go again with all the strawmen; you just can't help it can you Counselor. "Wack jobs", "love GWB" etc etc etc.

Your never ending tireless buffoonery is predictable; another pointless provocative thread intended to drag the forum IQ level lower.

Does anyone here not see why the democrats refuse to live in 2014?

I look to history to determine the integrity of peoples arguments. One thing I love about this board, as opposed to debating my friends is that you have proof of what people have said in the past.

BTW, its not the Democrats bringing this stuff up, its the establishment Republicans. There is a battle going on for the early money for the '16 race. John Ellis or Christie are behind this.

No Counselor, it's not a dumb argument, it is a moronic claim and painfully stupid. But I'm not surprised that a clueless dunce like you would need to ask if it is dumb.

I agree its silly, especially the way it was laid out. I was asking to get his opinion before I revealed whose argument I was paraphrasing.

That makes less sense than W looki g for revenge on Hussein's hit attempt on his dad.

heh heh The problem with liberals is that they always want to make everything personal....in order to play the blame game.

Thus in their rush to demonize some individual they usually miss the truth of the matter.

Now, for one....I was not in favor of the Iraq war and spoke out against it....but Congress did approve it...something that is often overlooked.

Personally, I always thought that Bush was looking for an easy victory and thus singled out Iraq....when Iran was the country most involved in terrorism...yet there may be factors we do not know about. I read recently that there were reasons for going into Iraq that cannot be revealed because of National Security Matters...whether true or not ..it should be remembered that the public has much less information regarding such events than the people in charge....and we live in a complex world where much information cannot be revealed...and no doubt Saddam Hussein hated America....who knows what he was capable of or what he might have been planning and it was known of course he had not only plotted to kill a former American President but had actually sent people to do it.

Thus to wring our hands and cry about the Iraq war I think is far off the mark. Now we have a weak and confused President who is being tested and we see the results of electing someone purely for politically correct reasons aka to prove we are a post racial society.

Nope. I think that Bush was genuinely doing what he thought was best for the defense of the country. I do think Cheney had other motives and was able to use his influence on Bush though.

I would trust Cheney any day above and beyond any bush. Some try and make a case out of the fact he opposed going into Iraq during the war over Kuwait....but then suddenly decides we should go into Iraq after 9-11.....like that could only have been the result of him working for Haliburton....nonsense. Conditions change and I have nn doubt Cheney is a True American and all about what is best for America.

I agree its silly, especially the way it was laid out. I was asking to get his opinion before I revealed whose argument I was paraphrasing.

Oops! Looks like the eye doctor's backtracking on those comments.

"After his comments were repeatedly condemned by conservatives, the Kentucky GOP senator says now that he “wasn’t intending really to impugn [Cheney's] personal motives.”

“I think he is a patriot as much as anyone else, and wants what’s best for the country,” Paul told Business Insider after an event in New Hampshire. “I don’t always agree with him, but I don’t question his motives.”

As for his suggestion that Cheney only wanted to go to Iraq after working for Halliburton, Paul told the outlet: “The point I was trying to make is one similar to one Eisenhower made. He said that the military-industrial complex — beware, because then they could be influencing policy by people who make money off government contracts.”

Swagger

198af2kcuq5fwgif.gif

((((((((((((((PETE))))))))))))))

Oops! Looks like the eye doctor's backtracking on those comments.

"After his comments were repeatedly condemned by conservatives, the Kentucky GOP senator says now that he “wasn’t intending really to impugn [Cheney's] personal motives.”

“I think he is a patriot as much as anyone else, and wants what’s best for the country,” Paul told Business Insider after an event in New Hampshire. “I don’t always agree with him, but I don’t question his motives.”

As for his suggestion that Cheney only wanted to go to Iraq after working for Halliburton, Paul told the outlet: “The point I was trying to make is one similar to one Eisenhower made. He said that the military-industrial complex — beware, because then they could be influencing policy by people who make money off government contracts.”

God I wish Rand would tell his handlers to stuff a fat dick in their collective mouths.

Lets see Dick Cheney was working his whole life in Government, he then goes to work for Halliburton. Makes hundreds of millions of dollars -- their CEO. Next thing you know, he's back in government, it's a good idea to go into Iraq...

Does anyone here not see that clearly this is why we were in Iraq?

Really...? is this why Bill Clinton was bombing and ordering missile strikes all over Iraq ?

Back