Why do alleged Libertarians worship Reagan?

Cypress

Is it just because he cut income taxes and taxes on investment? Most of the rest of the stuff he did, doesn't seem fundamentally "Libertarian" . I could understand if libertarians liked some of the things reagan did. But, to outright worship him? I'm not seeing it...

Militaristic Foreign Policy: Grenada, Nicuaragua, El Slavador, Lebanon, etc.

Massive Pentagon Spending increases.

Civil Rights: Initiated drug war, "law and order" mentality.

Anti-gay,

Anti-abortion

Pro-capital punishement

Supported constitutional amendment to allow government-sponsored prayer in schools

Extra-constitutional illegal activity, and promotion of "unitary executive" powers: Iran-Contra crimes

Opposed voting rights act of 1965

Savings and Loan government bailout

Supporter of Vietnam War, and muscular US interference in other nations.

Embraced rightwing regimes around the world, including the apartheid government of south africa

You're right, that's all pretty shitty stuff he did.

There's no sarcasm here I'm agreeing with you.

Some of his economics were in the right place, and his rhetoric was good. He also forced modern politicians to at least pay lip service to the idea of keeping government small and efficient.

Is it just because he cut income taxes and taxes on investment? Most of the rest of the stuff he did, doesn't seem fundamentally "Libertarian" . I could understand if libertarians liked some of the things reagan did. But, to outright worship him? I'm not seeing it...

Let's ask Damo. Isn't he an "alleged Libertarian" with the emphasis on alleged?

What Libertarians worship Reagan?

Let's ask Damo. Isn't he an "alleged Libertarian" with the emphasis on alleged?

LOL

I'll tell you the truth. There are some who claim to wear the libertarian label, but really all they're interested in are "cutting taxes".

A LOT of the rest of the stuff reagan did, was in contradiction to fundamental libertarian values.

:cool:

Sounds like he's talking about me on this one cawacko. I may have been a little overenthusiastic in some of my Reagan praise on the other board.

I'm not a Libertarian and I don't worship Reagan (although I am a big fan). I have libertarian leanings but I am not a Libertarian.

Ohhh. Sorry. I get confused with all you guys, who's a libertarian, who's a republican with libertarian leanings, who's a republican pretending to be a libertarian, who's a libertarian with republican leanings, who's a republican with nazi leanings, who has leanings, who has yearnings, who is basically republican, but has had "thoughts"...is it any wonder I can't keep up.

That's why I keep it simple. Leftist. Period. See? Take notes.

Sounds like he's talking about me on this one cawacko. I may have been a little overenthusiastic in some of my Reagan praise on the other board.

Oh, ok. I figured it was probably one person he had in mind but it was of course labeled as all Libertarians.

Oh, ok. I figured it was probably one person he had in mind but it was of course labeled as all Libertarians.

Cawacko, I can tell you're a little pissed about this whole "cypress mislabeling" fiasco.

Why don't you go have a few beers, come back, call him a p*ssy, and then tomorrow morning, look around and go "what? me? who? when?"

You know you want to.

Cawacko, I can tell you're a little pissed about this whole "cypress mislabeling" fiasco.

Why don't you go have a few beers, come back, call him a p*ssy, and then tomorrow morning, look around and go "what? me? who? when?"

You know you want to.

HaHa, after watching USC lose again this weekend I have no anger left in me. Life sucks.

You're right, that's all pretty shitty stuff he did.

There's no sarcasm here I'm agreeing with you.

Some of his economics were in the right place, and his rhetoric was good. He also forced modern politicians to at least pay lip service to the idea of keeping government small and efficient.

fair enough.

I might be mistaken, but I had you chalked up for one of those reagan-worshipping "libertarians". LOL

thanks.

Back