Why do alleged Libertarians worship Reagan?

Cawacko, I can tell you're a little pissed about this whole "cypress mislabeling" fiasco.

Why don't you go have a few beers, come back, call him a p*ssy, and then tomorrow morning, look around and go "what? me? who? when?"

You know you want to.

I think Cawacko was vacationing in Australia, the week of his drunken rant post about me:

Too drunk to go to hospital after croc attack, tourist sleeps instead

Thu Oct 18, Yahoo News

SYDNEY (AFP) - A tourist who was attacked by a crocodile while swimming in an Australian river was so drunk that he fell asleep at his campsite before going to hospital for treatment, a report said Friday.

The tourist was camping in an area of the northeastern state of Queensland known to be inhabited by crocodiles when he drank what he later described as "half a slab" -- or 12 cans of beer.

"Alleged" Libertarian here, well "alleged" communist crypiss, the answer to your question is that Reagan vetoed many spending bills (23 in his first 3 years in power), held spending to it's lowest yearly increases of any president in the last few decades, cut taxes, cut inflation and really just got this country back on it's feet after Liberal Democrat Jimmy Carter's disastrous turn at running the country with Dems in power in congress too.

Is it just because he cut income taxes and taxes on investment? Most of the rest of the stuff he did, doesn't seem fundamentally "Libertarian" . I could understand if libertarians liked some of the things reagan did. But, to outright worship him? I'm not seeing it...

What libertarians worship Reagan? Most were hopeful due to his rhetoric, but ultimately disappointed.

No modern president, of course represents the standard Libertarian platform.

But, I would think in the modern era, Jimmy Carte comes closest to approximating traditional libertarian values, in a comprehensive way, with his propensity for degregulation, a humble and non-confrontational foreign policy, and his relatively strong civil rights record including the post-watergate reforms to role back government secrecy and executive abuses.

No modern president, of course represents the standard Libertarian platform.

But, I would think in the modern era, Jimmy Carte comes closest to approximating traditional libertarian values, in a comprehensive way, with his propensity for degregulation, a humble and non-confrontational foreign policy, and his relatively strong civil rights record including the post-watergate reforms to role back government secrecy and executive abuses.

I will admit I was slightly brainwashed into Carter-hatred and Reagan-love. Now that I've had a chance to study the actual accomplishments of both I prefer Carter to Reagan by miles away.

Back