Why do people vote for candidates based on their views on abortion?

So, were we Communist during the Red Scare?!? Oh, and China forces millions of abortions on its subjects...
Exactly my point ONLY authoritarians and totalitarians get involved in the reproductive rights of its female citizens. Force a woman to HAVE an abortion is as bad as forcing her to remain pregnant. I have no problem with viability being a cut off but a blanket prohibition is JUST as authoritarian as forcing women to abort. Prolifers need to come to grips with the fact that on reproductive rights they are authoritarians plain and simple.

"I'm saying there cannot be a tie with nine people on the Court. You still don't seem to get that."

I do get that. And what that means is that the conservatives have a majority of what happens. And Roe V Wade hasn't been overturned.

"I'm saying there cannot be a tie with nine people on the Court. You still don't seem to get that."

I do get that. And what that means is that the conservatives have a majority of what happens. And Roe V Wade hasn't been overturned.

You are not getting that with one new justice it could be overturned hence the importance. The vote has been 5-4.

Exactly my point ONLY authoritarians and totalitarians get involved in the reproductive rights of its female citizens. Force a woman to HAVE an abortion is as bad as forcing her to remain pregnant. I have no problem with viability being a cut off but a blanket prohibition is JUST as authoritarian as forcing women to abort. Prolifers need to come to grips with the fact that on reproductive rights they are authoritarians plain and simple.

LOL

"You are not getting that with one new justice it could be overturned hence the importance. The vote has been 5-4."

Yeah, 5 conservatives and 4 liberals. That means conservatives say what goes down.

"You are not getting that with one new justice it could be overturned hence the importance. The vote has been 5-4."

Yeah, 5 conservatives and 4 liberals. That means conservatives say what goes down.

Are you really this dumb or do you just act this way?

4 conservatives, 1 moderate conservative and 4 liberals. Conservatives have the majority. That 1 moderate conservative was appointed by Regan(The hero of conservatives). Now why would Regan appoint someone who wouldn't vote against Roe V Wade? Maybe Regan didn't care that much about it and backs my point that unless it's Pat Robertson, abortion will always be legal. Which means that it is stupid to vote for someone based on abortion.

4 conservatives, 1 moderate conservative and 4 liberals. Conservatives have the majority. That 1 moderate conservative was appointed by Regan(The hero of conservatives). Now why would Regan appoint someone who wouldn't vote against Roe V Wade? Maybe Regan didn't care that much about it and backs my point that unless it's Pat Robertson, abortion will always be legal. Which means that it is stupid to vote for someone based on abortion.

I explained to you already that there are other issues on the table, like spending federal money on providing abortions. That's the reason.

Instead of just calling me dumb, how bout you just explain why I'm wrong idiot.

Because I've explained it multiple times on this thread to you but you refuse to acknowledge it. Get the "conservative" and "liberal" labels out of your head. The vote on abortion is currently 5 - 4 to keep r vs. w legal. It will take the switching of only one vote for it to be ruled illegal. Therefore the next justice appointed could be that deciding vote.

There is no point in illegalising abortion-- first of all, if you are against abortion (as I am) for religious convictions, then just don't mess with it in your own life. Who are you to tell other people what to believe?

Secondly, the number of women seeking abortions does not fluctuate according to legalisation or illegalisation...the number stays constant...why not just make it legal, then, so that at least those women can have the procedure done safely?

There is no point in illegalising abortion-- first of all, if you are against abortion (as I am) for religious convictions, then just don't mess with it in your own life. Who are you to tell other people what to believe?

Secondly, the number of women seeking abortions does not fluctuate according to legalisation or illegalisation...the number stays constant...why not just make it legal, then, so that at least those women can have the procedure done safely?

I agree it should stay legal. But KingRaw does not understand that one vote could change that is all I'm arguing.

This is hardly a case of fornication, adultary, honoring Sunday, or other such things that Christianity calls sinful. On the case of abortion, we are toying around with millions of lives here... Not that they matter to a good chunk of the population, but all the same...

This is hardly a case of fornication, adultary, honoring Sunday, or other such things that Christianity calls sinful. On the case of abortion, we are toying around with millions of lives here... Not that they matter to a good chunk of the population, but all the same...

I know that they are millions of lives to you and me, but I would rather the mothers be able to get the procedure done safely (since statistically they will do it either way) than have to rely on some back-alley doctor.

Back