Why no lines? Why no shortage?

Jarod

Contributor
If oil prices were based on supply and demand, rather than what the monopolies can get away with politically...

Why no lines?
Why no rationing?
Why no shortages?
Why can I fill up every time I go, and so can anyone else with the money to pay?

I remember in the 70's waiting in very long lines and only being allowed two gallons at a time. I remember many stations being closed because they had no gas. I remember a family trip to Miami where we had to save up, and where we had to make friends with an attendent who let us fill up in the middle of the night.

If oil prices were based on supply and demand, rather than what the monopolies can get away with politically...

Why no lines?
Why no rationing?
Why no shortages?
Why can I fill up every time I go, and so can anyone else with the money to pay?

That would cause too much public attention. They will gouge us right up to the point where we might actually do something about it.

There based on having enough idiots like you to keep filling up regardless of the price. thanks

Yeah its just pretty much them telling us they need to charge more huh? O and BTW they need to be able to drill anywhere they fucking please too.

There based on having enough idiots like you to keep filling up regardless of the price. thanks

How do you expect idiots like me to get to work? There is no bus rout from my house to the office.

If oil companies were not allowed the cabal, Bush has allowed them to form... We would not be in this situation.

Maybe ill start up an oil company. I have a bout $30,000 in disposable assets right now...!

Why no lines?
Why no rationing?
Why no shortages?

I remember in the 70's waiting in very long lines and only being allowed two gallons at a time. I remember many stations being closed because they had no gas. I remember a family trip to Miami where we had to save up, and where we had to make friends with an attendent who let us fill up in the middle of the night.
Because of the higher price less people use the product, therefore those with the money have product to purchase.

Those who, say, take public transport rather than drive to save money, leave more product on the "shelf" for those with the need or the means to pay for it.

If oil companies were not allowed the cabal, Bush has allowed them to form... We would not be in this situation.

Maybe ill start up an oil company. I have a bout $30,000 in disposable assets right now...!

Are you smart enough to invest in oil:readit:

Because of the higher price less people use the product, therefore those with the money have product to purchase.

Those who, say, take public transport rather than drive to save money, leave more product on the "shelf" for those with the need or the means to pay for it.

That is just not the current case, there is plenty of gas to go around, its not about the supply or demand. People have cut usage below what it was when the price skyrocketed, and the price continued to increase...

This is a carefully coordinated effort to condition the public to accept the higher price, to the oil companies can make a greater profit. They will push it as far as they can, especally this Bush's last year, then back down to a price above where they started, but enough to make the public relax.

Jarod do you have a ged like usmoron.
What is demand in China and India doing.
Here's a news flash they traded the richshaw for cars.

Are you smart enough to invest in oil:readit:

I dont want to invest with these creeps, I want to provide oil to the American people at a reasonable price, and make a profit for myself, something that can be done with MUCH lower gas prices, if the monopoly was busted up.

That is just not the current case, there is plenty of gas to go around, its not about the supply or demand. People have cut usage below what it was when the price skyrocketed, and the price continued to increase...

This is a carefully coordinated effort to condition the public to accept the higher price, to the oil companies can make a greater profit. They will push it as far as they can, especally this Bush's last year, then back down to a price above where they started, but enough to make the public relax.
We pay an extra fee to ensure that our supply will get here regardless. It is about $5-$10 of the price of a barrel.

However, it is the case here. Some 30% in the last poll I saw on the local news are using public transport who would otherwise drive. We used less gas than compared to the year before in the past few months for the first time since the OPEC crisis.

It is pretensive to ignore that, and say, "I can buy it." and then try to use that as how supply and demand do not work. The price is driving us to less usage.

Jarod do you have a ged like usmoron.
What is demand in China and India doing.
Here's a news flash they traded the richshaw for cars.

That is illrelevant, there is still plenty of oil, tuns of it in surplus. This is a political problem, not a supply and demand problem.

We pay an extra fee to ensure that our supply will get here regardless. It is about $5-$10 of the price of a barrel.

However, it is the case. Some 30% in the last poll I saw on the local news are using public transport who would otherwise drive. We used less gas than compared to the year before in the past few months for the first time since the OPEC crisis.

And what has that done for the price of oil?

Back