Why the disparity on prop 19 polls?

Timshel

I was curious why the PPP poll topspin posted varied so much from others. Here is the answer.

http://reason.com/blog/2010/07/30/are-pot-tolerant-californians

Are Pot-Tolerant Californians More Candid When They Talk to Robots?

Jacob Sullum * July 30, 2010

Six surveys have asked California voters about Proposition 19 since the marijuana legalization initiative officially qualified for the ballot in March. Three of them show the measure losing narrowly, while the other three (including the most recent one) show it winning by at least 10 points. Poll maven Nate Silver notes that the former three surveys were conducted by humans, while the latter three were conducted by "robopoll" machines. Two recent national surveys show a similar pattern. Silver speculates that reluctance to endorse a controversial position in a conversation with a live person, especially when that position may be seen as reflecting one's own stigmatized habits, may explain the discrepancy between the two types of polls. If so, that's good news for the proposition's supporters, since voters will be dealing with machines at the polls this fall.

I discussed Prop. 19 in my column this week.

[via the Drug War Chronicle]

Oh wow man, kudos for bringing the focus back to the most important issue ever to face humanity, our right to cop a buzz.

Kudos for callously ignoring this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwSwvUaRqc"]YouTube- Columbia Mo SWAT Raid 2/11/2010. Cops Shoot Pets With Children Present[/ame]

...and the other results of the terrorism you advocate or pretend is unimportant.

Oh wow man, the pigs are so like uncool.

Oh wow man, like those are real people and you pretend their suffering is a joke. But hey the dad did not do as you demanded so that makes the fact that you sent the armed men with instruction to shoot his dogs and frighten his child makes it all his fault.

And the "pigs" are just following the orders of terrorists, like yourself. You put them in harms way too and ignore the suffering of their families when one of them is killed to fulfill your senseless and irrational demands.

Or maybe, water or whoever the f u r, there are really more important issues, like how you can force someone else to provide you with resources. Go ahead and tell us about them. No one is stopping you.

Don't argue with the trolls chief, no point in it.

When they attempt to make a point there is.

This is akin to a minstrel show. Create a stereotypical clown and use it to make ad homs against those who see this issue as important.

The other attempted point is to say we shouldn't give much priority to the death and destruction caused by the drug warriors, aka terrorists. What does the troll think deserves more attention?

When they attempt to make a point there is.

This is akin to a minstrel show. Create a stereotypical clown and use it to make ad homs against those who see this issue as important.

The other attempted point is to say we shouldn't give much priority to the death and destruction caused by the drug warriors, aka terrorists. What does the troll think deserves more attention?
But LEGION isn't trying to make a point. He's trying to piss you off.

Or maybe, water or whoever the f u r, there are really more important issues, like how you can force someone else to provide you with resources. Go ahead and tell us about them. No one is stopping you.

See, look Water, you've gone and made a bad name for yourself.

Stringy, my guess is people will dismiss the robopolls as somehow less scientific than the others. The one poll, as they say, that can't be dismissed, is the one in November.

And here is an example of what you fund and support.

The blood is on your hands

Suicide.png

I guess my presentation had to much truth in it and that's why you found it necessary to remove the message. :good4u:

More's the pity. :palm:

I generally remove videos to save space, unless I specifically wish to refer to them, or they are worth keeping.

Here is actual truth. This is what you support:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwSwvUaRqc&feature=related"]YouTube- Columbia Mo SWAT Raid 2/11/2010. Cops Shoot Pets With Children Present[/ame]

That's right, never question or break the law. The state is always right.

And here I thought the discussion was narrowed to mj; but you want to bring up all laws and fall back on the absolute black or white view defense.
Shades of gray appear to be lost on those with limited cognitive skills.

I thought better of you. tsk-tsk :palm:

Oh wow man, here's what I support:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L8DcjFOD1k&feature=related"]YouTube- Cheech and Chong: Up In Smoke - Classic Clip[/ame]

Back