Will Judge Aileen Cannon Be Removed from Trump Classified Docs Case?

Will Judge Cannon be Removed from the Docs Case?

• Total voters

LurchAddams

There Can be Only One!
Here's an article from Newsweek asking that question. Just to review, Cannon is the Florida judge who has made some bizarre rulings in favor of trump, including the appointment of a special master, barring the prosecution's access to docs trump took. Her ruling was overturned on appeal.

I don't think she will. I think that Jack Smith, in an effort to appear fair - will just continue to deal with her. If the tables were turned, and it was a Democrat being prosecuted, I don't think the appearance of being fair would matter to a Republican prosecutor.

What say you?

https://www.newsweek.com/this-could...oved-trump-case-glenn-kirschner-warns-1821128

"Judge Aileen Cannon could be asked to recuse herself from former President Donald Trump's classified documents case if she "continues to make questionable rulings," former federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner said on Sunday.

Cannon, who was appointed to the bench by Trump, has been assigned to oversee proceedings in the Department of Justice's (DOJ) case in which the former president has been charged with 37 federal offenses over allegations that he illegally retained secret and sensitive materials after he left office, and then obstructed a federal attempt to retrieve them from his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida. Meanwhile, Trump plead not guilty in the case during his arraignment."

Here's an article from Newsweek asking that question. Just to review, Cannon is the Florida judge who has made some bizarre rulings in favor of trump, including the appointment of a special master, barring the prosecution's access to docs trump took. Her ruling was overturned on appeal.

I don't think she will. I think that Jack Smith, in an effort to appear fair - will just continue to deal with her. If the tables were turned, and it was a Democrat being prosecuted, I don't think the appearance of being fair would matter to a Republican prosecutor.

What say you?

https://www.newsweek.com/this-could...oved-trump-case-glenn-kirschner-warns-1821128

"Judge Aileen Cannon could be asked to recuse herself from former President Donald Trump's classified documents case if she "continues to make questionable rulings," former federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner said on Sunday.

Cannon, who was appointed to the bench by Trump, has been assigned to oversee proceedings in the Department of Justice's (DOJ) case in which the former president has been charged with 37 federal offenses over allegations that he illegally retained secret and sensitive materials after he left office, and then obstructed a federal attempt to retrieve them from his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida. Meanwhile, Trump plead not guilty in the case during his arraignment."

Agree for sure

Agree for sure

I just remember how Barr didn't care about how chummy he was with John Durham. Those two had quite the bromance going, having expensive dinners together and traveling the globe on America's dime to dig up dirt on Hillary and the FBI. Republicans just don't give a shit about propriety or the appearance of it.

I just remember how Barr didn't care about how chummy he was with John Durham. Those two had quite the bromance going, having expensive dinners together and traveling the globe on America's dime to dig up dirt on Hillary and the FBI. Republicans just don't give a shit about propriety or the appearance of it.

Because their voters don’t.

What say you?

If I were prosecutor, I'd leave her there. She knows any hinky rulings will be immediately appealed, and that the whole world is watching. And when Trump is convicted, it can truthfully be said that the presiding judge was his appointment -- and openly supportive of him as well.

What say you?

This just. shows how this is about the elecvion and not the law

If I were prosecutor, I'd leave her there. She knows any hinky rulings will be immediately appealed, and that the whole world is watching. And when Trump is convicted, it can truthfully be said that the presiding judge was his appointment -- and openly supportive of him as well.

Good point. Kind of what I was thinking - that to try to have her off the case would make the prosecutor look like he's trying to "replace the ref" with a more friendly one. My guess is she stays on the case and keeps getting her rulings overruled by higher courts. Like what happened the first time.

No, unless she really becomes visibly heavily partisan.

Well, she already is, as has been shown by how she's in the tank for trump by trying to bar the prosecution from examining the docs trump took. That's the point being made by experts.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...s-case-made-multiple-errors-earlier-rcna98207

"WASHINGTON — The judge in former President Donald Trump’s upcoming trial over his handling of classified documents made two key errors in a June trial, one of which violated a fundamental constitutional right of the defendant and could have invalidated the proceedings, according to legal experts and a court transcript."

She just keeps screwing up. Spoiler alert - she was a trump appointment.

No, unless she really becomes visibly heavily partisan.

She already has been over and over. Cannon is trying to delay it, and delay it and delay it. The prosecutors are sure if she ever runs out of dirty tricks, they will win the case easily.

If they even try that it will be seen as a political agenda by taking away a conservative judge

Exactly the point I made in the OP. Biden's DOJ cares about the appearance of being unbiased. The trump administration didn't give a shit - like when trump fired Comey for refusing to stop investigating Flynn. Or when trump fired Vindman and his twin brother for testifying before congress regarding trump's trying to extort Zelenski. Vindman's brother wasn't even involved, it was sheer retaliation.

Exactly the point I made in the OP. Biden's DOJ cares about the appearance of being unbiased. The trump administration didn't give a shit - like when trump fired Comey for refusing to stop investigating Flynn. Or when trump fired Vindman and his twin brother for testifying before congress regarding trump's trying to extort Zelenski. Vindman's brother wasn't even involved, it was sheer retaliation.

You think these court cases are not retaliation or political. Biden is corrrupt and using the FBI and DOJ to stop Trump from running. Biden shows he is just like a communist dictator

You think these court cases are not retaliation or political. Biden is corrrupt and using the FBI and DOJ to stop Trump from running. Biden shows he is just like a communist dictator

I understand you feel that way - half the country does. The other half feels trump has broken some serious laws. It's so sad we're so divided on this.

None of that is true and you should seek mental health treatment. Biden is not directing the AG to do anything to Trump. Trump is a crime wave that has to be stopped. He is facing court cases because of what he did. The idiot did it in front of witnesses. A grand juror in Georgia said if the people saw the evidence they saw, there would not be the split in America. When the trial starts, the people will see the truth. It will mean nothing to you though.

Back