Windoze 10

MAGA MAN

Let's go Brandon!
I must have skipped over 8 and 9. I just got a new Dell laptop and it's infected with 10. It's one where the hinge allows you to go to tablet mode, with a touch screen. In that mode, the desktop is replaced with sets of square icons, which I find useless.

How do I use these things, or, how do I turn that mode off?

I must have skipped over 8 and 9. I just got a new Dell laptop and it's infected with 10. It's one where the hinge allows you to go to tablet mode, with a touch screen. In that mode, the desktop is replaced with sets of square icons, which I find useless.

I think MS actually skipped over 9. 7 was the successful answer to everything Vista, while 8 was a version that was constructed with tablets and mobiles in mind, but sucked for desktop users. I believe 10 is an attempt to blend 7 & 8 together.

Well the tablet mode sucks. And everything wants you to log into an MS account. payed a little more for "Office preinstalled" only to find out its only for a one year subscription. The subscription does come with a TB of online storage though, so I can get rid of my carbonite subscription that I just renewed...

Well the tablet mode sucks. And everything wants you to log into an MS account. payed a little more for "Office preinstalled" only to find out its only for a one year subscription. The subscription does come with a TB of online storage though, so I can get rid of my carbonite subscription that I just renewed...

Such technical prowess from an alleged PE.

Are you using it on a touch screen??

I am using 8.1 & it is a pain in the butt as well.. I don't use a touch screen but many features are designed for it so occasionally weird things would happen........

I am use to it but it took a while...........

As will all their crappy stuff, they put it out there & let us work out the bugs for them...:palm:

no.. believe it or not, you did not skip over 9. "Windows 10" is actually windows 9. They literally just skipped the version number for marketting reasons. Maybe they didn't want people to think of 95,98... or maybe they wanted to be on the "same number" as OSX... i dont' know. it's pretty stupid imo.

Why do you want to pay for Office when you can download Libre Office or Open Office for free?

no.. believe it or not, you did not skip over 9. "Windows 10" is actually windows 9. They literally just skipped the version number for marketting reasons. Maybe they didn't want people to think of 95,98... or maybe they wanted to be on the "same number" as OSX... i dont' know. it's pretty stupid imo.

MS decided to skip over Windows 9 for legacy compatibility reasons, some lazy bums coded programs to check if the OS was Windows 95 or 98 by just looking for the 9.

https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/secure/attachment/18777/PlatformDetailsTask.java

My advise would be to trade it in for an Apple.

Back